Top Shelf Aquatics

Sean's IM Abyss Drop Off Panorama - August Photo Dump

Bella's Reef

Bella's Reef

No doubt, skimmer cup was cleaned after the picture but I have been very happy with the skimmer so far.

Bella's Reef

A few pictures of the Acans and Euphyllia I picked up over the weekend.

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Hungry little guys. 

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Bella's Reef

Well some unfortunate events took place with the tank the other day.

I would generally wipe down the acrylic every other day with a sponge to help with cleaning off algae build up, however a hectic week of work & traveling prevented that and I purchased and used an acrylic safe magnet cleaner that resulted in the tank scratched on the front upper left pane.

I also noticed a small gap where the stand/support and aquarium meet and was concerned with the aquarium possibly leaking so I have contacted Innovative Marine and I am waiting to hear back on what is going to happen. I have my fingers crossed they will just send out the new glass version they are making since these acrylic ones are now discontinued.

Nano_Addict
1 hour ago, Bella's Reef said:

Well some unfortunate events took place with the tank the other day.

I would generally wipe down the acrylic every other day with a sponge to help with cleaning off algae build up, however a hectic week of work & traveling prevented that and I purchased and used an acrylic safe magnet cleaner that resulted in the tank scratched on the front upper left pane.

I also noticed a small gap where the stand/support and aquarium meet and was concerned with the aquarium possibly leaking so I have contacted Innovative Marine and I am waiting to hear back on what is going to happen. I have my fingers crossed they will just send out the new glass version they are making since these acrylic ones are now discontinued.

Sorry for your bad luck!  I've definitely seen a few of these tanks across the start leaking.  IM seems to be pretty good about helping their customers out when this happens, I hope that holds true for you as well!

I was also wondering what settings you run your Nano Box at.  I have a Duo over my IM 20, and it would be nice to compare my levels with yours since you seem to be getting a great response from your corals.

• Like 1
Bella's Reef
17 minutes ago, gena said:

What did they end up saying/offering?

I am still waiting to hear back from them as they requested some information and documents last night, I have sent over photo's, serial number and other information as requested & I sent over the purchase receipt this morning. I am doing a water change tonight so I am going to take better pictures of the scratches to send over as well.

I would be happy with the newer low iron glass version as I now see the acrylic version is permanently discontinued. 

• Like 1
Bella's Reef
34 minutes ago, Nano_Addict said:

Sorry for your bad luck!  I've definitely seen a few of these tanks across the start leaking.  IM seems to be pretty good about helping their customers out when this happens, I hope that holds true for you as well!

I was also wondering what settings you run your Nano Box at.  I have a Duo over my IM 20, and it would be nice to compare my levels with yours since you seem to be getting a great response from your corals.

The Nano Box Duo rocks! Corals are happy and coloring up nicely, I run the following:

Morning: Start Time 10:30am

Length 180 Minutes , 80 minute Ramp

RB - 55%

White/Lime - 15%

Violet - 30%

Cyan - 40%

Fan - 80%

Middady - Ramp 90 Minutes

RB - 85%

White/Lime - 30%

Violet - 55%

Cyan - 65%

Fan - 88%

Evening - Length 225 mins & 80 mins Ramp

RB - 65%

White/Lime - 20%

Violet - 35%

Cyan - 45%

Fan - 80%

Night 10:30pm , 90 mins length and ramp

• Like 2
Nano_Addict
20 hours ago, Bella's Reef said:

The Nano Box Duo rocks! Corals are happy and coloring up nicely, I run the following:

Morning: Start Time 10:30am

Length 180 Minutes , 80 minute Ramp

RB - 55%

White/Lime - 15%

Violet - 30%

Cyan - 40%

Fan - 80%

Middady - Ramp 90 Minutes

RB - 85%

White/Lime - 30%

Violet - 55%

Cyan - 65%

Fan - 88%

Evening - Length 225 mins & 80 mins Ramp

RB - 65%

White/Lime - 20%

Violet - 35%

Cyan - 45%

Fan - 80%

Night 10:30pm , 90 mins length and ramp

Awesome.  Looks like I may need to bump my levels up!  

And again, good luck with the tank replacement!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Bella's Reef said:

I am still waiting to hear back from them as they requested some information and documents last night, I have sent over photo's, serial number and other information as requested & I sent over the purchase receipt this morning. I am doing a water change tonight so I am going to take better pictures of the scratches to send over as well.

I would be happy with the newer low iron glass version as I now see the acrylic version is permanently discontinued. 

I bet they offer a replacement drop off (acrylic). That's what they were going to send me when I said no thanks.  But I took the credit.  The new glass drop-offs are almost twice the price of the acrylic.  I think I remember seeing $600. 

• Like 2
Bella's Reef

I had read on a few site's that the retail price for the glass one is going to be $400, I would hope they understand the hassle of taking down a tank to put another back up again and then having go to a UPS or FedEx to ship the old tank back would warrant replacing the defective one with the new current model they are selling.

I still have not heard back from Innovative Marine on what they will be doing for me and I sent additional pictures to them last night.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bella's Reef said:

I had read on a few site's that the retail price for the glass one is going to be $400, I would hope they understand the hassle of taking down a tank to put another back up again and then having go to a UPS or FedEx to ship the old tank back would warrant replacing the defective one with the new current model they are selling.

Oh ok..that's a better price.  I was like geez...pricey LOL.  I think it was on their Instagram giveaway that I saw $600 but it must have included some extras.  I didn't pay that close attention.

It is a hassle.  They didn't ask for my leaking one back.  The first one (bowing) they did.

• Like 1
Bella's Reef

Well hopefully I hear something soon it has been 24 hours since I sent over my receipt as requested and I still have not heard anything back.

• Like 1
Just now, Bella's Reef said:

Well hopefully I hear something soon it has been 24 hours since I sent over my receipt as requested and I still have not heard anything back.

Retail price is $400.  Just found that online.  Apparently they are already shipping them out to stores.

• Like 1
Bella's Reef

It really stinks because I did a water change last night and tried to use the sponge to scrub some of the algae away and it is now not budging and obviously I can not use the magnet cleaner otherwise it will scratch the tank up further and the worry the tank may spring a leak, needless to say I just fired off another e-mail to Brian at Innovative Marine Warranty Dept.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bella's Reef said:

It really stinks because I did a water change last night and tried to use the sponge to scrub some of the algae away and it is now not budging and obviously I can not use the magnet cleaner otherwise it will scratch the tank up further and the worry the tank may spring a leak, needless to say I just fired off another e-mail to Brian at Innovative Marine Warranty Dept.

I've been dealing with Stephanie :).  I still love the company regardless.  They've been nothing but very helpful.  I wish them tons of success.  And I hope the new glass drop-offs don't have any issues. 

Keep us updated on what they say.

• Like 2
Bella's Reef

I have requested a replacement of the new glass Drop Off since the Acrylic are now discontinued and that I have $200 plus into the stand for it. I also mentioned all of the equipment for it and how it fits our living room, I forgot to mention the hassle of switching over a tank. 

Bella's Reef
2 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

That Blasto is awesome! The duncan is very unique as well! How's the SunnyD doing, coloring back up slowly?  

I scored the Blasto from CJ Corals he is up towards the Rockford area and has a great selection of LPS and Zoa's, the Duncan's have this weird Tri-Color thing going on very cool but a slower grower compared the other Duncan's in the past and slowly but surely for the Sunny D's.

Bella's Reef

Well after a little bit of waiting I received some great news today from Innovative Marine, they will be sending out the new Low Iron Glass version of the Drop Off sometime next week. 

• Like 4