Innovative Marine Aquariums

Controller and driver for led array

Sherman

Today I start the 2nd coralux board then find all led go off.(I jump input 1 from coralux board 1 to input 1 of coralux board 2)

So I remove the jumper from input 1 of board 1.

But led under coralux board 1 still cannot light up.

I remove the other jump from input 1 to input 4 of coralux board 1.

Now channel 1 led light up.

I connect back the jumper to input 4 .

channel 1 led off again.

Try this a few time still the same result.

change 4th meanwell driver also cannot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets try to break down the testing of your setup into easy to follow directions.

First up, if I remember correctly, your setup involves a 3 channel LED board, two Coralux LDD boards, and a Bluefish Mini.

Let's just use a single channel on the Bluefish and a single LED channel to test everything. Let's use channel 1, and whatever LED string is working for you.

• Take the output from the Bluefish channel one and connect it to the channel 1 input on one of the Coralux boards. Connect your test LEDs to that same Coralux channel Verify that it turns the LEDs on and off. (Don't forget the ground from the Bluefish to the Coralux board)
  • Repeat this for all remaining Coralux input channels using only the Bluefish channel 1 output for control, and the test LED string for the load. Keep moving everything to the next channel for testing.
  • Once board one is verified working, do the same thing to board two

If you find an issue with any of the Coralux channels, then swap the LDD driver on the non-functional channel with one from a working channel. If the LEDs light up after the change, then the LDD that was in there is bad and needs to be replaced. If you still have no light, then there may be something wrong with the Coralux board.

If all channels are working when tested individually, then we can start moving on to adding more channels of control.

• Connect the three Bluefish channels that you are using (plus the ground) to the first three input channels on one Coralux board. Verify that all channels are working as expected
  • On Bluefish channel 1, connect another Coralux input channel in parallel to the first one. Verify that it works. If it does, then keep adding as many channels as necessary in parallel to the first.
  • Repeat the above on Bluefish channel 2 and 3

This should help you narrow down where the problem is. It's not too different than what you have been trying already, but this will take things in smaller steps and verify that each small part works before combining everything into a much larger and harder to diagnose system.

Thank You evilc66 for a very detail testing.

I will start testing today and verify

1. All LED are working

2. All Coralux channels are working on both both

3. All drivers are working

Thank You for your help

Just check all the drivers.

4 drivers from coralux board 2 is not working.

Left LED Boards, Coralux board 2 to be check

Also found for those spoilt drivers if you jumper from input 1 to another input both output the leds will not light up.

Once u remove the jumper the original good output led will light up again.

Can someone explain why the driver behave this way

The damaged drivers are possibly pulling the signal voltage to ground, which gives no output. Without more detailed investigation, it's difficult to tell exactly why the good driver fails to light the LEDs when connected in parallel to the bad one. Either way, damaged drivers aren't going to get you very far :)

Today continue checking
1. All LED mcpcb boards. All 4 LED board working not problem

2. 2nd and 3rd Coralux Driver Board
2nd Board Problem:
1, 4 and 5 not working. No output.(change 3 LDD driver also same)
3 ok
2 Any LDD driver power up ,LDD will burnt
3rd Board Problem
1 and 4 not working. No output(Change 3 LDD driver also same)

What should I do now?

Are you saying that on Coralux board 2, LDD position 2, it's killing the driver?

Considering that you have two boards with faulty driver positions, I would be contacting LGB/Coralux to see what they have to say about getting replacements out to you. I would reference this thread so that they can see some of the detective work you have done already. If LDD's are dying as a result of one of the Coralux boards, then you will need to see about getting them replaced. I would think there is no charge for things like that if the Coralux board is at fault, and not your setup (which I don't think it is at this point).

Thank You evilc66.

I have write to LEDgroupBuy about the problem I face .

Have not yet recieve any feedback from them.

I think because it is weekend(Sunday)

Confirm board 2, position 2 has shorting issue.

The only good board I have is the 1st board,

That is what I use to confirm every LDD driver that I find not working

on Board 2 and 3.

Every time I find them no working I will put back to board 1 to confirm.

Actually I should Thank You for giving me very clear instruction on isolation the problem.

Without your help I think I am still struggling how on to troubleshoot.

Now just wait for LGB feedback

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You LGB for helping me troubleshoot the 2 Coralux driver boards.

They really provide very good after sales service.

Special Thanks to Ben for the patience and detail emails and guides.

The Coralux Driver Board confirm still in working condition

Now I can continue with the LED light pendent wiring

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any changes ?

Today I try to attach photo under More Reply Options

as usual.

But I cannot cannot any photo ? Photo size only 43.1 kb

I try My media also cannot

Please help

Your gallery may be full (not sure, never use it). I would start looking into photo hosting sites like Photobucket, Flickr, etc... They offer a lot more storage, and are easy to link to in the forums.

I have absolutely no idea. I'm sure someone else may know. If you don't get an answer from someone reasonably soon, try posting a message in the site feedback section of the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Temporarily I cannot post photo from my laptop.

So I post text first

The DIY light was finally complete and was hanging on the right end of my 5 footer

on 18th Sept 2016.

I hang the light 9 inches above water level.

Yesterday while doing maintenace find the salmon digitata become white

So I have shift that piece of Salmon digitata down to a shade area on the tank base.

Hope it recover soon

At the same time I move the light up by 1 inch.

So the light is 10 inch above water surface now

Archived