Pod Your Reef

Controller and driver for led array

Sherman

With all the help from evilc66, Ben and Milad I finally connected up my Bluefish Mini Controller, Coralux Driver card and my self design MCPCB and do the first test run

All components connect up for first test

a447f4d762d19fa4835fb33d014bce29.jpg

The Bluefish mini controller power up

cb2628f87ee231e98a9d5bcf20daed9c.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ben,

Today I face one big problem.

As I am running 3 channels . I will not be using Bluefish mini Channel 4 and 5

I using 2 Coralux 5 LDD driver board

So I connect channel 1 of bluefish mini to input 1 of coralux board 1, channel 2 of bluefish mini

to input 2 of coralux board 1 and so on...

So for coralux input 4 I jump from coralux input 1 and input 5 I jump from input 2.

It was working ok for a week.

Today I connect the 2nd coralux driver board. So I jump from input 1 of board 1 to input 1 of board 2.

Now all the led from output 1and output 4 of board 1 light go off. I remove that jumper from board1 , input 1 to board 2 input 1

The led from board 1 output 1 and output 4 still cannot light up again.

I further remove the jumper from input 1 to input 4 of board 1. Now the output 1 led light up. I jumper back input 1 to input 4 again.

Both output 1 and output 4 led light off again.

I try a few more time still the same.

Now I cannot light up output 4 and 5 any more. Because if I jumper the input 1 to input 4 both led on output 1 and 4 cannot light up

If I jumper input 2 to input 5 the both output 2 and 5 cannot light up.

please help. What actually is the problem now?

Coralux ground is all taken from the ribbon cable and the external power supply ground.All are connected.

Both Coralux board and connected to each other also

All the ground from the bluefish mini are connect to 1st Coralux Board .

The ground from the DC power supply are connected to both 1st and 2nd coralux board

Do those ground from the bluefish mini also need to be jumper over to the second coralux board?

You should be good with the way you have it connected. Have you tried each Coralux board separately to verify that they both work as expected?

Archived