SaltCritters.com

Tristan's Reefer Nano

TristanC

This tank is looking good. I'm very happy to hear that the Kessil160 providing enough coverage for this (considering I want to upgrade).

Thank you! The kessil is absolutely perfect for this tank, of course I don't have any coral to really test it out but at 8" off the water coverage and color is perfect.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skimmer came in today! Its now in the sump breaking in but I can say its a pretty nice little skimmer. Its well built and you can completely disassemble it for cleaning which is very nice, its also dead silent which is exactly what I was looking for.

TyfOgjc.jpg

o4k1pFl.jpg

Little update with the tank.

The cuc is doing a great job cleaning up the rock work, a few days ago I had tons of long hair algae today its almost all gone. The problem I'm having is that dust like film algae that grows on the glass, if I clean the glass it will be covered again in an hour. When I get home from work its so thick you almost can't see through it, I've had a few tanks and this is the first time I've seen it this out of control. Ive tested phosphate with my red sea low range kit and it reads zero but obviously the algae is consuming it all, nitrates are there but not high. I know its a new tank going through its phases but I'm surprised at how fast the glass gets covered.

Im starting to see alot of life coming from the LR. Tons of worms in the sandbed and on the rock work, bristle worms coming out at night (one is massive, may need to keep an eye on him), tons of pods, a few very small polyps that appear to be zoanthids, more feather dusters than I could count, and of course more algae than I know what to do with (not all the good kind either).

I purchased the updated Kessil mounting arm, its seems alot nicer than the gooseneck and will also allow me to adjust the height much more. I also purchased an IM minimax reactor along with carbon & gfo from brs, should be here this week at one point.

That is all!

I was hoping someone would try the mounting arm on the nano. Looking forward to see some pics!

Glad you like the k2-50 and good to know it's silent!

Must be pretty cool to see all those little creatures in the lr.

I was hoping someone would try the mounting arm on the nano. Looking forward to see some pics!

Glad you like the k2-50 and good to know it's silent!

Must be pretty cool to see all those little creatures in the lr.

I don't think I could use the mounting arm, the sides of the sump are too high.

It is very cool, I'm always excited to come home to the tank in case something new came out.

Have Picasso as well, they are awesome, until you put your hand in the tank then they are little ba%^&*ds and they attack me every time haha.

Good luck!

I think that rock deserves colony's and not frags :)

Maybe some test frags lol

Have Picasso as well, they are awesome, until you put your hand in the tank then they are little ba%^&*ds and they attack me every time haha.

Good luck!

I think that rock deserves colony's and not frags :)

Maybe some test frags lol

The first pair of clowns I had were little assholes as well haha, fun to watch though. I plan to start adding coral as soon as I get the algae a little more under control, most likely after the skimmer is dialed in and the reactor is up and running. Id hate to add some nice pieces and have them taken over by algae.

Here is a quick fts.

gYTXYMM.jpg

I don't think I could use the mounting arm, the sides of the sump are too high.

It is very cool, I'm always excited to come home to the tank in case something new came out.

I was talking about the kessil mounting arm :-)

I was talking about the kessil mounting arm :-)

Oh!! I'll definitely snap some pics of it, should look way better.

The new Kessil mounting arm came in today and it is a massive improvement over the gooseneck, extremely well built and looks really nice over my tank. Full adjustability front to back as well as height, now my Kessil sits exactly 8" off the water.

cQGy2uz.jpg

That looks sweet! I really like the internal cable routing.

Now all we need is a fts from a little distance :-).

That looks sweet! I really like the internal cable routing.

Now all we need is a fts from a little distance :-).

iP2BQfq.jpg

XNVYsfU.jpg

Why did you decide on 8"? I wonder if 7" would get ride of the light spillage?

I guess I could try 7 and see if it gets rid of the spillage, I went with 8 mainly because a lot of people were running them at that height with good results.

Very nice, that kessil mount is great. Wish I had seen this style before buying the goosneck, looks so much better.

Its not cost efficient but I had to have it, its much nicer than the gooseneck. Now I have a gooseneck and a 90 adapter collecting dust...

Random question, does that door swing towards or away from the tank?

Unfortunately it swings towards the tank, its just a closet though so I don't use the door a whole lot.

My liveaquaria order came today!! I drip acclimated them for an hour and they are now exploring their new home. One of the clowns was pretty stressed out but has since started to swim around the tank. Ill post pictures after I turn the lights back on.

Here they are! They acclimated to the new tank very well, I'm so glad I was able to snag them up.

Hho05cn.jpg

NNRgsdh.jpg

nufaPuL.jpg

ORvrZdz.jpg

Archived