Top Shelf Aquatics

Jclipse 12 Custom Conversion (1yr old)

jaguilar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had to wait for the halide to shut off so i could get a pic of the tank under the moonlights i put in the hood. this pic doesn't do my moonlights justice, they look much better in person.

• 3 weeks later...

update on previously "pissed" bali slimer:

here is a pic of a successfull recovery. compare this pic with the first two pics on this page, and you'll notice a lot of tissue growing where it was previosly bleached. all this in less then 3 weeks.

and here's a close-up of those orange zoos at the bottom of the last pic. they're finally starting to multiply from the single polyp that i got a few weeks back. there is now like 5 or 6 polyps with more starting to form.

• 1 month later...
BigTankLittleTank

Where did you get all of your zoanthids? I am part of a saltwater store, we are always looking for new suppliers of livestock and dry goods. Right now I am on a quest to find a really good zoanthid supplier. If you could get everything in your tank in quanity, I would buy it right now.

Anyone have any *exceptional* wholesalers they are willing to share?

We are getting into coral propagation very heavily. Here are some pictures of our setup: http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/facility.htm. We built a greenhouse to propagate corals in. We have found that corals are really happy when it comes to natural sunlight.

Rob

mailto:rbaker@bigfoot.com

BigTank, all of my livestock came from my lfs. and as far as all of zoanthids, they were all purchased as small frags from that store. i'm pretty lucky in that i have become pretty cool with the owner, and he doesn't mind cutting off a few polyps for a friend. all zoos in my tank started out as small frags of no more than 5 polyps, and some started from just a single polyp. but they have all spread like crazy. i've even traded a few frags back to him for his display tank. from what i know, most of his livestock is ordered from SeaDwellings. actually, i think most of the local shops go through SeaDwellings. here's a link to their site, check them out, they might be able to help you out.

http://www.seadwelling.com/

btw, when i tried to check out your link, i got the "page cannot be found" message. maybe it's just temporarily down.

BigTankLittleTank

I am not sure why that link does not work. If you go to the main site, then click the "Our Facility" link, you can see what we have going on.

Anyways...back to you, those are some great looking zoanthids. Keep it up.

Rob

Archived