Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jclipse 12 Custom Conversion (1yr old)

jaguilar

hello all.... i am proud to present to you my "Jclipse system12 custom conversion". this tank has been up and running since August 5,2003. let me give you a little background on the tank. it is just a shell of a former eclipse12, as i ripped out the lighting and the filtration about a month after this tank was started. the lighting was replaced with the csl 2x32w retro(10k and dual actinic from current usa). the filtration was replaced with the aquaclear200 w/surface skimmer attachment which contains only a bag of chemi-pure. water movement is also aided by a rio180 and a powersweep 214.

enough of the boring details.... my livestock list consists of two percula clowns, a firefish, a blood shrimp, several nassarius snails, about 4 astrea snails, and about 3 various hermits. but the sandbed is filled with many creatures including hundreds of mini brittle stars, pods galore, and many worms. as for my corals, i have many different types of zoos, some various shrooms & rics, a nice finger leather, a small patch of gsp, 2 torch corals(brown&green), a small green montipora frag, and a small bali slimer frag. oh yeah, i forgot about the small maxima, a green rock anemone, and various macro algaes growing throughout the tank. now for the good stuff..... i have a lot of pics, so bear with me.

full tank.

48171fulltank.jpg

full tank(actinic).

48172fulltank_act.jpg

center tank.

481717cntrtank.jpg

zoomedley. those green/blues are my personal favorite.

48173zoomedley.jpg

zoophoria......

48174zoophoria.jpg

a small patch of gsp that i fragged from my mom's 75g, and a nice finger leather.

48175gsp_fingerlthr.jpg

BRIGHT green zoos, another one of my favorites.

48176prized_grnzoos.jpg

torch coral (brown w/green tips).

48177brwn_torch.jpg

green torch(favorite lps).

481710grntorch.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some more....

orange w/green star center...

48179grnstrzoos.jpg

zoomedley #2.

481711zoomedley2.jpg

large green ricordea.

481712grn_ric_lg.jpg

orange & purple ric.

481713orng_ric.jpg

bali slimer.

481714balislimer.jpg

bali slimer #2.

481728balislimer2.jpg

green monti.

481715grn_monti.jpg

clam & green rock anemone.

481716clam_rockanem.jpg

zoolicious. orange & green zoos...

481719orng_grnzoos.jpg

top of reef w/firefish.

481720topofreef.jpg

a few more, so bare with me...

purple w/green ricordea.

481721prpl_grn_ric.jpg

mini feather duster.

481724featherduster.jpg

the 2 torches together.

481725-2torches.jpg

minty green zoos...

481726mintgrnzoos.jpg

another green ric.

481727greenric.jpg

oh yeah, i forgot all about my fishes.... these will be the last, i promise....(for now)

firefish. been in there since september 3,2003.

481718firefish.jpg

my two percula clowns...

481723-2clowns.jpg

this is a confused clown that likes to host with my zoos. :(

481722clwn_hostingzoos.jpg

this is the smarter clown hiding under his host torch....

481729clwn_in_torch.jpg

to all, thank you for viewing my tank. and please keep in mind that i am very new to this whole photography thing. i just borrowed my mom's camera & tripod and started fooling around. i ended up with some decent pics for not having much experience. and for anyone who asks, these photos have not been altered in any way. i don't even have photoshop, nor would i know how to use it. the only changes made to these pics were resizing and cropping.

once again, thanks to all who view this tank that i am so proud of. please enjoy.

HMM ONLY 64 W OF LIGHT AND YOU HAVE A CLAM!!!!

i dont think it will live any longer men....

i have 126 of watts over my ten.. and dont even wanna put a clam in it because i dont want it to die...

nice tank tho

but i would upgrade to at least 70w mh 20k.

also is your green torch doing fine because i find that in the middle part its all falling...

like if it was dieing

but im no expert....

but i sure that its not normal.

Boomerblaster

AWESOME! Really great tank. Superb collection of zoos! I'm jealous, and I love the sloping aquascaping. Jackass, whats with all the negative comments? Jealous cause your tank doesn't look this good? Anyway, nice job.

Originally posted by jackass

HMM ONLY 64 W OF LIGHT AND YOU HAVE A CLAM!!!!

i dont think it will live any longer men....

thanks JACKASS for the observation. that clam has been in my tank for over 3 months, and has grown significantly. i realize that the lighting isn't sufficient for a clam, but i didn't buy it for myself, it was given to me as a birthday present by someone who didn't know any better. it is target fed every week by being placed in a bowl with tank water and a high concentration of phytoplankton. so i think it WILL live much longer. besides everything in this tank will soon be moved to a 20high, where i will be using a 175w mh fixture that i have acquired. and the torch isn't dying either, jackass. the reason that it looks like its "falling in the middle" and not flowing is because i shut off all water movement so that i could get better pictures. it is normally much larger and gently flowing about. but thanks for your expert opinion anyways.

as for everyone else, thanks for the praise. i am very proud of my work.

and kris willard, it is two seperate torches(1 brown & 1 green).

You have a nice Zoa collection. Much props to you.

But is your green torch doing fine because i find that in the middle part its all falling...

like if it was dieing

No, I'm just kidding with you kids.

Originally posted by Von digity

You have a nice Zoa collection. Much props to you.  

But is your green torch doing fine because i find that in the middle part its all falling...

like if it was dieing.

thanks VD, but you're a JACKASS.....

and thank you whitten.

• 2 weeks later...

hello again.... since i thought that the full tank pics that i posted didn't do my tank justice, i decided to take some more last night. not only that, this tank will be taken down within the next week or so. everything will be transferred to my new 20h with a 175w mh fixture. so this might be the last that anyone will see of the "jclipse12 custom conversion"... :( let's get on with it then.

here's a better full-tank shot.

481735fulltank.jpg

same shot under actinics

481736fulltank_act.jpg

view from the right side of tank.

481733right_side.jpg

view from the left side.

481734left_side.jpg

bottom right corner

481737bottom_rt_corner.jpg

full tank looking from left to right

481738fulltnk_lft-rt.jpg

full tank, right to left

481739fulltnk_rt-lft.jpg

the GhostFish Killah...

481740ghostfish_killah.jpg

center tank under actinic

481741center_tank.jpg

Maximus the clam

481742maximus_the_clam.jpg

green rock anemone

481743rockanemone.jpg

green shrooms

481744green_shrooms.jpg

kid's eye view

481746kids_eye_view.jpg

right to left, actinic

481745rt-lft_act.jpg

last full tank shot

481750_last_full_tank.jpg

oh yeah, i forgot that i took some pics of my 175w mh hood sitting oddly on top of my eclipse12.

mh fixture w/ 5500k bulb

481751_175w_5500k.jpg

mh hood w/ 10k

481752_175w_10k.jpg

better shot w/ 10k bulb

481753_175w_10k_better.jpg

that is the fixture that will go on the 20high that i bought yesterday. it doesn't look so odd sitting on top of that tank. and i recently ordered the hamilton 14k mh bulb, so i should be good to go once i make the move. i'll be sure to post pics of my new tank once i have everything settled in. thanks again.

3gEclipseGuy

Wow.. this tank is great! Are you going to move everything to the 20? You should keep this one going too. It looks awesome and just move some of the stuff, not all.

thanks 3g.... yeah, everything's going to the new 20high. i'd love to have two seperate reefs going, but for the time being, i can only keep one, due to the fact that i'm pretty pressed for space. once i get into a house, it will be much easier for me to have two seperate nanos, along with a 90g+ that i plan on setting up down the road. i was actually thinking about using the 12 for a nice mantis shrimp display tank.. i really love those guys, but it will have to wait. so everything must go, to the 20 that is....

Archived