Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sancho's old ass Solana sprung a leak

Sancho

The GBTA's are spawning at the same time in both my tanks. they usually spawn within a day or 2 but this is the first time they have done it at exactly the same time.

Solana

IMG_0369_zpsnezidkhi.jpg

CAD 8

IMG_0370_zps32h7txq1.jpg

• Like 4

These guys make sexy time on the regular. I have tried quite a few times to save and raise the babies. Its kinda creepy they will eat the babies. Defiantly not what happened in finding nemo. These guys are f-ing cannibals plus everything else in the tank goes nuts when they hatch. Making some new water tonight if they hatch I might try and put them in another tank with an air stone.

IMG_0377_zps0bo4itqx.jpg

IMG_0378_zpsxzg8smmg.jpg

• Like 2

The cycle of life a real shitty one :lol:

Local store has a pair like that they lay all the time and then hatch and everything eats them.

• Like 2
mystersyster

These guys make sexy time on the regular. I have tried quite a few times to save and raise the babies. Its kinda creepy they will eat the babies. Defiantly not what happened in finding nemo. These guys are f-ing cannibals plus everything else in the tank goes nuts when they hatch. Making some new water tonight if they hatch I might try and put them in another tank with an air stone.

IMG_0377_zps0bo4itqx.jpg

IMG_0378_zpsxzg8smmg.jpg

If you manage to save some, name the price and I'll take a pair. Lol fish are kind of sick. I wonder how little clowns survive in the wild...

• Like 2

If you manage to save some, name the price and I'll take a pair. Lol fish are kind of sick. I wonder how little clowns survive in the wild...

Of all of those eggs in the wild, maybe 1 or 2 will survive.

I know absolutely nothing about fish fry, but just wondering about taking the eggs out of the tank and putting them in quarantine before they hatch?

Parameters in quarantine have to match tank exactly. Most do a wc on there tank and use the water they took out for the quarantine tank. Fry survival rates are reduced when moving eggs.

You can have better sucess by letting them hatch in the tank and then siphoning them out asap using a Lil light to help draw them to the syphon. Then you better have some rotiFer ready to go.

Hey Sancho, if you ever want to get rid of that pair, lmk, I'll take them.

• 2 weeks later...

Parameters in quarantine have to match tank exactly. Most do a wc on there tank and use the water they took out for the quarantine tank. Fry survival rates are reduced when moving eggs.

You can have better sucess by letting them hatch in the tank and then siphoning them out asap using a Lil light to help draw them to the syphon. Then you better have some rotiFer ready to go.

Hey Sancho, if you ever want to get rid of that pair, lmk, I'll take them.

I had a small tank set up with the tanks water and an air stone. I had some rotifiers and live phyto on hand. Stayed up till about 3am with a mini mag light. I knew they were about to hatch. Passed out on the sofa and when I woke up at 6am the eggs were gone and no sign of any fry in the tank. :( This is a regular occurrence with this pair and I really want to try and succesfully breed at least one of their clutches. As for getting rid of them that thought crosses my mind on a daily basis they are really very shitty fish :lol: But this pair has been with me for so long I dont think I could do it. The female was the first fish I put in the tank over 10 years ago.

• Like 1

My Jebao DC 2000 failed :angry: I have a plethora of pumps in my garage so it was not that big of a deal. I sent Fish Street an email explaining that the pump failed. All they asked was that I cover shipping and they sent a new pump in less than a week. :) Not too bad for cheap ass Chinese crap at least they stand behind their warranty. I love the low cost of the Jebao equipment however if your going to buy it get it from Fishstreet or a vendor that offers a warranty. Some of the Ebay vendors offer no warranty, a 90 day or they just ignore your warranty claim. looking at the pump the only thing I could find was water may have gotten in at the back of the pump at the power cord. It worked for a bit after the pump dried out but I saw some stray voltage in the tank before it failed again.

IMG_0389_zpsji7zwb5x.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

This tank has been very problematic lately. It survived the second round of Dino's as I recognized it early enough to start the H2o2 dosing heavy skimming and UV sterilization. This last couple months I have been fighting GHA. The water is 0TDS RODI. Phosphates are testing 0. I have manually removed it and over night the efforts I made seemed pointless. Sometime a few weeks ago I noticed microbubbles coming off the rocks. Enough so that my tank looked like a glass of soda. It was a steady stream of bubbles coming from various rocks not the sand bed. Over night I lost all my algae eating creatures. Snails, hermit crabs, and my urchin all dead when I woke up in the morning :huh::( The GHA has taken over and seems toxic. It quickly overtook all the acans. I have dealt with GHA in the past and it is usually a fairly simple fix. Clean up crew, manual removal and water changes. I am at a loss. Given the age of the tank I think the rock is leaching phosphates is there anything that can be done? The sand is fairly new but the rock has been in there for 10 years.

This tank has been very problematic lately. It survived the second round of Dino's as I recognized it early enough to start the H2o2 dosing heavy skimming and UV sterilization. This last couple months I have been fighting GHA. The water is 0TDS RODI. Phosphates are testing 0. I have manually removed it and over night the efforts I made seemed pointless. Sometime a few weeks ago I noticed microbubbles coming off the rocks. Enough so that my tank looked like a glass of soda. It was a steady stream of bubbles coming from various rocks not the sand bed. Over night I lost all my algae eating creatures. Snails, hermit crabs, and my urchin all dead when I woke up in the morning :huh::( The GHA has taken over and seems toxic. It quickly overtook all the acans. I have dealt with GHA in the past and it is usually a fairly simple fix. Clean up crew, manual removal and water changes. I am at a loss. Given the age of the tank I think the rock is leaching phosphates is there anything that can be done? The sand is fairly new but the rock has been in there for 10 years.

Probably all that nem spooge.

Your GHA reminds me of my bryopsis issue. just can't get it under control no matter what I try. Grrrr. Sorry about all of your snails etc.

I think it's time to take this tank out of comission and turn on the empty 90 that's been sitting in my house for a few years now
  • Like 3

Spent the day manually removing the GHA. Made 30 gallons of water for a 100% water change. Recharged the phosgard. Gonna kill the lights and feeding for a few days. Here is the latest batch o dead coral pulled from the tank :(

4CD14AE8-62D2-4477-8AE3-08FB24E70746_zps

my return pump died this morning :huh: I think the tank gods are telling me to stop with this tank. Gonna send fishstreet an email and request another replacement pump. Now I have to go through my box o pumps and find one that works when I get home

Wow, thanks for the shitty, ass-sucking update.

well got home pump is now running again :huh: although my streak of bad luck continues now the AI director has stopped working :furious:
  • Like 1

well got home pump is now running again :huh: although my streak of bad luck continues now the AI director has stopped working :furious:

It's a sign.......time to move out of your haunted-ass place and head north.

• Like 2

Or just get better equipment :lol:

I don't make union welder scratch, I live in one of the most expensive cities and have 2 money sucking parasites living here. I reef on a budget :lol:
  • Like 1