Cultivated Reef

Work tank - Now simply a FOWLR

Sunstar

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

restaurant. Not a high end one, but one that should be able to deal with its in house tank. I don't look at it much because it breaks my heart and my words go un heeded.

Its so sad to hear they didn't learn from the mistakes already made and still not listening to the one person who knows, understands, and clearly cares.

Flatworms in small amounts isn't an issue and if treated with flatworm x while the population is low, is safe. Once the amount of flatworms increases to high levels, when they die in the tank-it risks everything.

I had flatworms - of a significant level once in the past, and again about a year ago. I learned the first time how to deal with them, and the second time, it was no real big deal to remove any excess before using FWE. Now I dip all new corals. So far so good. The only thing I am currently infested with on an infestation level are Mysid Shrimp. Once I get a fish in there, that population will be knocked down big time.

• 1 month later...

It Appears if this tank is now a fowlr. There are no corals or mushrooms, anemones of any sort any more. Flatworms appear to be gone, cyano is still present - I would suggest more flow or chemiclean. Fish appear healthy.

co-workers suggest I should bring some in. I told them that the tank cannot be sustained as a reef and bringing in coral would only condemn them to death.

edit: I have the sole survivors of that tank.

Some of the guys I got are: (there are other mushrooms that are not in pics.)

[This was moved to the frag tank]

20160421_214839.jpg

20160515_141957.jpg

20160523_232810.jpg

20160523_232936.jpg

corals look good. I'm sure they are much happier in your care. Is that a bristle worm crawling up on what i think is a frogspawn?(bottom photo)

No that's a yuma with some serious bubbly bits. If you stop by my personal tank thread, there is a vid with them moving and its a bit cleaer that its a shroom.

Archived