Cultivated Reef

My Reef Tank Story

lostsol95

My fish like flake food, I use omega one marine plus garlic. I think the reason they go for it is because I don't turn the pumps off so it moves around really quick like it alive or something. They always chase it down. If the pellets don't work I'd try that. that dragons breath is beautiful!

That's a good point - I leave my pumps on when feeding the pellets too. They love to chase them down :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice dragon's breath! How's it doing?

I mailordered some a few weeks ago, but it didn't make it; I believe it froze en route. I reeeeeally want to try it again.

Thanks lallen_74! Sorry to hear that, I got lucky, my LFS randomly had two frags of it, and I just happen to be there at the right time. I haven't seen it in a LFS since. It's doing well so far. I do find pieces of it floating around the tank, and maybe that's from the dwarf blue legged crabs. But I also am not giving it too much flow, which it may need to rid itself of any buildup. It's partially shaded from my overhang just because of space. A lot of people comment on it when they come into my office, so I'd recommend giving it a go again.

Amazing artwork btw!! I love the welded steel pieces!

Thanks lallen_74! Sorry to hear that, I got lucky, my LFS randomly had two frags of it, and I just happen to be there at the right time.

I will definitely grab some the first time I see it. It's really pretty, and I like the idea of having macro(s) in my tank.

Amazing artwork btw!! I love the welded steel pieces!

Thanks! Hopefully I can keep my new reef obsession in check enough to keep making artwork. :D

BRS has a great series going on right now with a 160g tank. It is a really solid in depth explanation of many important factors that you should consider and research.

(Edit: spelling)

I think the BRS videos are very good. Even if not a nano tank, and sometimes self-serving with product placement. I found a ton of information I did not know. Definitely a binge-watch.

Simulated Fish

I think the BRS videos are very good. Even if not a nano tank, and sometimes self-serving with product placement. I found a ton of information I did not know. Definitely a binge-watch.

IIRC they have suggest may other brands then their own, even stating they are going g to use the competition over BRS brand. Hard to do reefing setup vides and not recommend products by name.

Though the do carry every brand ;)

Archived