SaltCritters.com

Aquariums in your nest

damaba

The aquarium's moonlights in the bedroom are so relaxing to fall asleep.

20151211_194010_zps5s2lxup2.jpg

And since it's a small Manhattan apartment, this is the view from the foyer:

(the reason I put all the plumbing on the far side)

2015-12-11%2020.06.09_zpslah7nvo0.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nook

20150724_120927.jpg

Kat, that's the same nook shot we've seen on your build thread.

Now put it in perspective so we see the nook from the room.

(And please include a laundry basket like righttirefire so we know it's real.)

giphy.gif

righttirefire

Cat_9b6f35_674077.gif

Don't be hating ony laundry basket, ottoman, or tape measured on the floor with scatter papers designing my new system. When you live in a 2 bedroom 1 bath duplex, your living room/dining room double as you office, design center. There is a football game on too, maybe a few beer cans... those are my fridays, while the mrs. Is at work. Lol.

Don't be hating ony laundry basket, ottoman, or tape measured on the floor with scatter papers designing my new system. When you live in a 2 bedroom 1 bath duplex, your living room/dining room double as you office, design center. There is a football game on too, maybe a few beer cans... those are my fridays, while the mrs. Is at work. Lol.

Ha ha. Not hatin'... RESPECT for honesty!

My chairs usually have clothes on them. There's normally fish food, flashlights, tools, and test kits all around the tank. There's a pile of rags on the floor, and the garbage can there is usually overflowing with used paper towels. :lol:

Cheers.

My "nest" is my room, an absolute mess! No pictures lol

Same here, must be normal for students.

Although, I do have a custom cut 1/2" thick sheet of black plastic to fit the top of my burrow incase I spill water. It actually looks pretty nice and is a great work space. My mom says it looks like a pet store in my room since the fish tank is right beside a 4ftx2ft boa constrictor cage lol!

The aquarium's moonlights in the bedroom are so relaxing to fall asleep.

20151211_194010_zps5s2lxup2.jpg

And since it's a small Manhattan apartment, this is the view from the foyer:

(the reason I put all the plumbing on the far side)

2015-12-11%2020.06.09_zpslah7nvo0.jpg

Wow! That set up is fantastic!!! I also have that same laurel mushroom lamp.

Same here, must be normal for students.

Although, I do have a custom cut 1/2" thick sheet of black plastic to fit the top of my burrow incase I spill water. It actually looks pretty nice and is a great work space. My mom says it looks like a pet store in my room since the fish tank is right beside a 4ftx2ft boa constrictor cage lol!

My room actually isn't terrible right now- I took a garbage can worth of old stuff out a few days ago!

Honestly the only area that is clean and nice is around my reef because I take so much pride in it and junk would detract from the beauty :)

That is seriously overkill with those lights

it was overkill when I had one of them over the 1.5 gallon lol

It's the mangrove, it needs insane amounts of light

Whaaaat! Why can't I have an architectural digest nook?

Alright alright, took this picture just now in all the messy glory. The wires you see are my Light, I have to replace my bulbs and one array (with Arce's help). I'm waiting for some parts from Dave but in the meantime I'm not bothered enough to tuck the wires in.

My desk is right next to it, with your sassy post pulled up on the screen.

We should meet one of these days, you and your lady, and I'll invite NY Fishies and his lady as well.

20151213_095127.jpg

Whaaaat! Why can't I have an architectural digest nook?

Alright alright, took this picture just now in all the messy glory. The wires you see are my Light, I have to replace my bulbs and one array (with Arce's help). I'm waiting for some parts from Dave but in the meantime I'm not bothered enough to tuck the wires in.

My desk is right next to it, with your sassy post pulled up on the screen.

We should meet one of these days, you and your lady, and I'll invite NY Fishies and his lady as well.

20151213_095127.jpg

Ha! I love it. Why do I hear Billy Joel's Honesty right now... Seriously... Where is that coming from?

Tit for tat, here's my honest shot:

post-87676-0-47243100-1450023891_thumb.jpg

Would be happy to meet up.

That is seriously overkill with those lights

Not really with the size of those colonies. If it was all frags it wouldn't be but Leds don't tend well to larger colonies due to shadowing issues..only way to overcome that is to add more points of light.

Heres the most of my "nest" that ill show for now! The rest needs to be clean.

Its funny that I only take pride in the area around my tank lol

*snip*

I think that's a normal side effect. I get obsessive over my desk, entryway and kitchen, because those are my favorite places (tank is in entryway), they always have to be spotless.

Archived