inTank Media Baskets

Done

HIppieRose

GFO only in there like three weeks.  No I don't I have rock back there and need to take out the rock next time I clean the back part.  I don't mind the short algae so much but hate the long stuff. lol 

I may also take out the worst rock next water change and soak it in some peroxide.  I just don't like to make to many changes at once. Afraid Ill kill what I do have.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok I have had it with fighting the algae.  Everyone says not too but I am adding some coulerpa prolifera.  Id rather fight that then this ugly stuff.  It well be here next week.  

• 4 weeks later...

Algae is gone.  Pretty plant doing well.  Lost my Duncan, hammer and more mushrooms.  Have taken water up to be tested and tested myself several times we can't find anything wrong with it except maybe I am cleaning to much..

Guess that is all right. Tank looks amazing. First time I have ever been able to say that in a very long time.

IMG_2347[1].JPG

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Been up a year now. Have not added anything since the last corals died.  Now my galaxy star is thinning out. Almost all algae was gone so tried to feed the corals once a week. With in a month algae bloom was back. So they well have to do what they are going to do with just water changes.  My light is only on 6 hours a day now and set very low.  Blue lights at 6 and white at 8.  (Maybe too low?  But trees are happy.)

What few mushrooms I have left are sad.  Except the pink lanterns they were always small and even have new ones.  Kenya tree is doing good.  Some of the Zoes are ok.  Slow growth but look nice   Neon pineapple tree made several  babies so now have three of them.  Maybe I should go with a tree theme and just grow those all over the place.  Wonder if I can find any more colors of those......

The plant/algae  has been easy to manage.  Hope all it needs is time.

Got a pulsing zenia.  I know it can get all over but so far none of the corals I have are what I call all over the tank.  I'll worry about that if it ever does.

• Like 2

I think my old heater or water pump were shocking stuff.  So replaced heater and order new flow pump. The Galaxy Star has not been this happy in months. And one of the pulsing zenia.

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

• Like 2
Christopher Marks
On 11/20/2017 at 10:46 AM, HIppieRose said:

I think my old heater or water pump were shocking stuff.  So replaced heater and order new flow pump.

Wow that would be a big problem! Have you noticed a change since the replacement? More flow as well?

Mushrooms are still not happy.  But my galaxy star is nice and happy again.  The water movement is much better since I put the new pump in today.  May be to late for the mushrooms that are left.  Or maybe they need more time to recover.

Ok could not stand the hair algae all over anymore. So took out three of the rocks without corals on them.  Dipped in peroxide.  Put back in the tank with green side down.  Scraped the back of the tank some. Will do more next water change.  5a1c51e8016fa_IMG_24511.thumb.JPG.bc61d6650aeb92ce3378be1bfe84e602.JPG

Oh and my emerald crab is still alive. Have not seen it since the day I put it in the tank months ago.

Iphone picture.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Algae is starting to go away.  Picking up a couple rocks each day and shaking them. Changing filter floss daily.  Ordered a clean up crew some Purigen and 

Red Sea NO3:PO4-X Algae Management Supplement.  Just hope the clean up crew make it ok.  5a41b3ab7a608_IMG_28171.thumb.JPG.967d3fa21f16bb5ac4b8bd0fa57910cd.JPG
  • Like 1

I think I need a new air-stone for my skimmer.  The bobbles are not small enough.  So it is not working.  Also next purchase in two or three weeks is a media basket.

Media Basket is ordered. Will be here next week.  Now all I can do is my weekly water changes, blowing off rocks daily, filter floss removed daily and wait for the tank to improve in time.

• Like 1

My tank is very cloudy now.  testing is 0/0/5/8.2 so it is ok.  That is the only test I have.  I did a five gallon water change yesterday that helped but now it is cloudy again. Going to take all the filter media out and rinse it really well in RO then put it back and add new filter floss see if that helps.

OK nvm I think it was the skimmer.  The hose fell off when I removed it from tank.  So got to get hubby to take the top or bottom off so I can put the hose back on.