Top Shelf Aquatics

Sun's DB30g - 2 year bday updates

SunWyrm

Cool idea with the "drop off"! Lets fill her up! :)

Sorry to hear about ghost. The scape in the 90 is super cool. Will it be bare bottom?

Thanks! As much as I like the idea of barebottom, all my tanks are black sand. I just love the look.

It's FTS Friday! (plus other long over due pics) Pardon the mess... lots of construction plus a temporary inhabitant in the tank... :ninja:

gGF4UOy.png

xyDgmeF.png

How much the encrusting gorgonian has taken over

fQf6KCc.png

Frag section has been overtaken by xenia...

z7ITPLb.png

Fuge/New skimmer! :D Look at the growth on some of those mangroves!

UQTZ2AP.png

• Like 2

To fill the loss of Ghost, I got my hubby his favorite fish: Toby puffer!

V9eO1Fs.png

And Ham the pygmy hawk was not impressed there's another camera hog in town...

4MXyCRA.png
sJnRvAe.png

But he's still the best at posing for pics, even if my skills are lacking.

dQR7ps2.png
UghfTUW.png

The rest of the gang gives it a good try

9BSZZB7.png

6OeO22k.png

gb5nqSS.png

BzPn609.png

The "temporary resident" baby zebra eel (she almost eats more than my adult snowflake did! and much more often)

i2IREgi.png

• Like 2

Nice additions! I love my leopard toby puffer, he has so much personality. The 90g is looking really good, too. I like the scape and that eel is going to be perfect in there.

• Like 1

This eel will eat anything, it's great! He'll even readily take big pieces of LRS fertility frenzy (even though he has his own goody bag of chunky).
Photo-shoot Friday!

Fuzzy dwarf lion was feeling photogenic today. It's the "QT" so I don't algae wipe often, but top down is her best angle!

Spoiler

Sfup8YK.jpg

P0k8OWJ.jpg

Astrea snail for reference

YVVrZfM.jpg

juIoe9R.jpg

5v6BJ4v.jpg

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Long time no update! I just kinda went off all the forums and stopped buying things for awhile when my fuzzy lion died. Just never transitioned to frozen no matter what I did. Crazy. 

DB30g just passed the 2 year mark! Up until this morning I was set on dismantling this tank and moving it all into the 90g to make things easier, but it's by far one of my favorite tanks I've ever done. Plus I don't know what Ham, my pygmy hawk, would do all day if he couldn't stare and beg. Might even pay attention to his female for once. 

I need to take some updated pics, even though right now the 30g's a bubble algae nightmare, the encrusting gorgonian took over the right side of the tank, the devil's hand leather just keeps dropping clones everywhere, and the rbta just recently went on a random walkabout and got shredded. At least since I never manage to get around to selling anything, I still have 4 more in the frag tank! :blush:

I really should make a separate build thread for the 90g, as it's doing pretty good. Once it get's warm outside again hopefully I can finish plumbing it. Been going forever on just a hob and water changes. 

• 2 weeks later...