ReefCleaners.org

Gooburz Navy Deployment More pics 03 Nov, Almost Home!

Gooburz

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as deployment is coming to an end (don't worry tons of pics to upload when i get home) awards are coming out and I was awarded recently and just wanted to share the pic and the write up because I'm proud of the work I do in the Navy for myself and our country.

Myself (left) and our CO (right), thank god it was night time because it's been HOT out during the day (100+)

DSC_0019.jpg

For superior performance as a ship’s signal exploitation equipment Increment-F operator while serving on board USS FORREST SHERMAN DDG98 while deployed with Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group from March to November 2015. As a top performing technician, he lead his team in analysis of more than 1,200,000 signals of interest, producing and disseminating more than 1,000 time-sensitive reports that produced vital indications and warning to strike group and theater level commanders. Additionally, he flawlessly executed countless military information support operations, disseminating more than 600 broadcasts, increasing regional awareness of coalition warship presence and intentions. His expertise led to future trend analysis through the collection of a new signal of interest and further established FORREST SHERMAN as the “GO TO” maritime asset for national intelligence collection tasking in the Fifth Fleet area of responsibility. For his exceptional Professionalism, initiative, and loyal dedication to duty, Petty Officer Bunt is hereby commended. Well done. "Name Retracted" Rear Admiral, United States Navy.

Congratulations on the award - you should be proud. Have enjoyed the pics and the the glimpse into the lives of those who serve!

Oh and one more I can squeeze in of the Strike Group doing our thing.

140923-N-KA273-027.jpg

It's funny that the fastest one of those is the one that doesn't even look like it should float...

It's funny that the fastest one of those is the one that doesn't even look like it should float...

So true, that carrier just looks funny when along side it and yes those things hauls @$$ but it takes forever to get to top speed.

Air_Cooled_Nut

It's easier for them and makes them less of a target.

Glad my tax dollars are being put to good use, congrats on the award. Now, did you get your ESWS medal yet?

We used to drag race with some of the other ships. We kicked ass off the line but our top-end wasn't as good as the Ticonderoga-class cruisers.

Do you have a ship's song? Ours was George Thorogood's, "Bad to the Bone"

landlover questions here: why are all the gun ships zigin and zaggin?

It was a formation we were doing on the way out for deployment and that was right as all the ships were breaking off for a different formation.

It's easier for them and makes them less of a target.

Glad my tax dollars are being put to good use, congrats on the award. Now, did you get your ESWS medal yet?

We used to drag race with some of the other ships. We kicked ass off the line but our top-end wasn't as good as the Ticonderoga-class cruisers.

Do you have a ship's song? Ours was George Thorogood's, "Bad to the Bone"

No ESWS yet, have my IDW pin which is a Intel pin. Been slacking a bit for the ESWS pin, about 95% done with it so it will be done soon enough. We had a ship song from our old CO and it was "Taking care of business", we hated that song. Our new CO is figuring out a new ships song though, hopefully something decent.

ever worried about OPSEC? :owned:

LOL not with what I am posting. I'm Intel so our main job is OPSEC and trust me I know way better than to violate that. Anything and everything I've posted here has been covered by the media already and or approved by our PAO. Yes there are dumb people out there who like to post things they shouldn't and that is always fun having to give training to people who violate OPSEC.

Hawks suck! Bunch of rapists. Go Kings Go!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Don't be mad that we whoop your ass and have the title and are about to get it again this year. It's understandable to have hate when your team is just 4th best......NOW back to our regularly scheduled program! BOOM!

LOL not with what I am posting. I'm Intel so our main job is OPSEC and trust me I know way better than to violate that. Anything and everything I've posted here has been covered by the media already and or approved by our PAO. Yes there are dumb people out there who like to post things they shouldn't and that is always fun having to give training to people who violate OPSEC.

Don't be mad that we whoop your ass and have the title and are about to get it again this year. It's understandable to have hate when your team is just 4th best......NOW back to our regularly scheduled program! BOOM!

Haha! Touche'.

So true, that carrier just looks funny when along side it and yes those things hauls @$$ but it takes forever to get to top speed.[/quotes used to chuckle at how fast those damn things were. But they have to keep wind across the flight deck.

Sorry I haven't updated recently, just got switched to night shift from days and adjusting to the ever busy schedule. Not much longer now, just have to hold on a few more weeks!

Just made port call in Santander Spain!!!! Finally time for some R&R for a few days, so used to it being well over 100 degrees and it was 65 here and I've been freezing my ass off haha. Hopefully some more pics to come later on today, god the word it's just a chill place with a lot of Cafe's and pubs so I plan on some good Wifi time and chill and have a few drinks.

Not much more than a couple weeks until I'm home and starting my Deep Blue 80 Breeder build, wife is ordering the tank today and it will be there for when I get home!!! CAN'T WAIT, SO EXCITED!

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY! I'LL BE HOME NEXT WEEKEND!!!! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg Get to see the wife after 8+ L O N G months of being away, Deep Blue 80 Breeder is ready for pick up. Couldn't ask for more than that! Hope everyone has a great Halloween and I look forward to making my build thread so keep an eye out for it. Sorry for no more pics, my phone is dead so I'll have to upload them another time.

AND LETS GET ONE THING CLEAR WITH HOCKEY, CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS! ENOUGH SAID, THEY ARE HOCKEY!

Awwww the little crow likes Original 6 mediocrity. My time at Souda Bay made me glad of my life choices and branch of service. Poking fun at those stuck on working liberty and getting drunks home before they ####ed shit up getting caught by shore patrol....

Being a friend of the Mess was great too and learned a bunch from them. Couldn't get my IDW while there because NCTAMS didn't have an approval authority for it once they got the blessing for me start working towards it.

Welcome home and build stuff already.

Ok last couple of pics until I'm finally home this weekend!!!!!! BTW these photos took me about a half hour to load up, god I miss my FIOS internet!

Our best Pizza and Wing night hosted by the E-5's aka me. Calzones were on point!

IMG_4000.jpg

My home for the last 8+ months, miss my actual home WAY more!

fsh.jpg

Leaving Rota Spain and onto our next and last port call for deployment, Norfolk VA where I can start my Deep Blue 80 Breeder Build this coming weekend!!!!! So many packages showing up for the tank, keep an eye out for my build thread.

151029-N-ZZ999-001.jpg

Archived