Innovative Marine Aquariums

VW_TDI_02

The amount of wires don't bother me (ok, not having a separate plug for the fan would be sweet)....having a separate controller for the lights does though. I would love to be able to hook my Retro up to the Apex, but in the meantime I'm stuck with the storm. Don't get me wrong, the storm is a decent unit for the price and does the job, but I have had to reboot it once a week to fix a "jerky" cloud dimming effect, or the cloud effect not working at all.

A Bluefish upgrade is worth considering, but can think of a better place the money could go within the "fishy budget".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

I do not own a nano box. My point is as a small business owner myself you have to understand that our pioneers of this country started on small businesses. The homie dave has some fire less fixtures out. he said he was working on cutting the amount of cords out at some point hopefully. If he does not then don't buy his product for "having too many cords". If you are an ocd person who can't have "too many cords", then don't buy what dave has to offer. Simple. If you are a boss maybe spending your extra money on a controller system like a rkl would be a good way to manage your lighting as far as i know, he has 4 cords. my solution is buy an rkl or apex jr and plug all of the cords to it so then you can have the timer for the fans and all that good stuff. I just do not support blasting another american for supporting their own dream and owning their own business . Again my solution for all the plugs ; get a controller system and plug all the cords to that. Or perhaps you can diy yourself with his nano box pucks and you can figure it out. Happy reefing. I am most certainly not trying to sounds like an ass i am just being honest and i know the struggle of having your own buisness is all. Much love.

Or just increase the price to $20 more and skip spending $120 on an RKL? And I'm not trying to be an ass either, but I don't see the logic$ wise.

Archived