Innovative Marine Aquariums

6g JBJ macro nano tank

leonel619

What type of maintenance you doing? Considering doing a small macro tank with a 12x12 I got laying around and didn't wanna ruin the clean look with a hob and didn't feel like drilling this one

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What type of maintenance you doing? Considering doing a small macro tank with a 12x12 I got laying around and didn't wanna ruin the clean look with a hob and didn't feel like drilling this one

All I do is change out about a cup maybe two of water. Mainly to remove any debris. I try not to change too much water and let the macros absorb the excess nutrients.

Nice macros. The water is so clear!

Thanks!

So went to the lfs the other day and picked this little dude up for $6. Eating frozen mysis.

60EBB68D-64AC-4827-90ED-4EA2CEFD3CF7_zps

3D1169DA-7B4B-4CA2-861F-82937F5B6980_zps

Thanks!

Found a small piece of blue scroll on the powerhead a while ago and left it there. Has been growing pretty well ever since lol

EFBFEBA0-B4FF-4116-B652-5411D8D9D586_zps

TBT. Was browsing online and came across an old picture of my old pico macro tank. I thought I had erased all my photos but I guess someone saved a photo of the tank. Glad I found it!

3D443CAB-8125-4262-B712-C2BD4CBA3D0B_zps

**edit** found another one!

A222F11F-CE8E-48FA-A7D9-8DC3038768D5_zps

Cencalfishguy56

TBT. Was browsing online and came across an old picture of my old pico macro tank. I thought I had erased all my photos but I guess someone saved a photo of the tank. Glad I found it!

3D443CAB-8125-4262-B712-C2BD4CBA3D0B_zps

**edit** found another one!

A222F11F-CE8E-48FA-A7D9-8DC3038768D5_zps

So you only use two powerheads in your jbj?? For water agitation?

Cencalfishguy56

Wow that old one looks awesome! :)

Seeing both of your guys tanks so simple but yet clean natural beauty makes me want to do this

phobos2deimos

Very nice pico!

Seeing both of your guys tanks so simple but yet clean natural beauty makes me want to do this

Something awesome about such a nice tank, with nothing but light, heat, and flow!

Cencalfishguy56

Very nice pico!

Something awesome about such a nice tank, with nothing but light, heat, and flow!

Yours is awesome as well!! Love it!

Thanks all!

So you only use two powerheads in your jbj?? For water agitation?

No actually it's just one powerhead and yes, for agitation.

The colors on this tank are rad! I hope you get some more blue scroll growth (it's my favorite!).

Thanks. One of my favorites for sure. It's been growing well. Actually I just gave away about half of what I had. Can't keep much of anything with small tanks lol

Wow that old one looks awesome! :)

Thanks!

very well done on both tanks. really into the old one.

thank you! i miss it!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

took some pictures!!

quick story: i sold my colony of palythoa grandi (my favorite paly) a couple years ago and a few days ago i was able to get back a 1p frag of my original colony from a local member!

DSC_6074_zps7kryhq7u.jpg

nice to see my mangrove is starting to grow. been in the tank for a couple weeks now.

DSC_6084_zpsgpiscp92.jpg

new macro. Nemastoma macro

DSC_6076_zpsmgp4cpzr.jpg

random zoas

DSC_6079_zpsjeaj9m6i.jpg

couple shots of the scooter

DSC_6094_zpshizahmlw.jpg

DSC_6091_zps3cge80ck.jpg

Nice tank. Do your hermits or snails munch on the macro?

Thanks. No I haven't seen the hermits eat any of the macros and I don't have any snails but I think most snails are fine except for turbo snails.

Is that a worm on the sand bed around the bottom right?

Yep. I have a few large ones that I need to remove.

This is looking great! It's already got that "filled in" look, love it :)

Thanks! I just moved some things to my other tank to make a little bit of room but it still looks full lol

I picked up this 30g cube from a local reefer (free!!)

Trying to decide if I should turn this into a macro display and move everything from the 6g to this, or turn this tank into a coral tank.

Actually what I really wanna do is make a reef 'bommie' style tank with mostly gorgonians, some zoas, and an anemone.

Will see how it goes.

83CC3D01-D15F-4CFA-BC00-A2EE33F7405C_zps

I need to make/buy a stand for it too...

Archived