Top Shelf Aquatics

6g JBJ macro nano tank

leonel619

I would do a separate tank but that's just me.... I have a hard time tearing tanks down so I keep adding more. But it's nice doing different themes in each tank.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would do a separate tank but that's just me.... I have a hard time tearing tanks down so I keep adding more. But it's nice doing different themes in each tank.

I really really don't want to take down my 6g tank but I also don't wanna have the 'multiple tank syndrome' lol

I guess having a 30g and a small 6g running at the same time won't be so bad lol

Compared to me yeah 2 tanks aren't bad. When you get 11 FW & SW tanks, then you may have a problem. A macro tank and coral tank seem like good choices to me. Two very different tanks.

Compared to me yeah 2 tanks aren't bad. When you get 11 FW & SW tanks, then you may have a problem. A macro tank and coral tank seem like good choices to me. Two very different tanks.

Wow! 11 FW/SW tanks... Yeah that's a bit much for me. I've never had more than one at a time. Although I do have another one going right now but it's more of a holding tank then a display.

So for a while now I've been seeing micro bubbles almost on everything in my tank. Mostly on the macros. I found out that they only appear during the mid point of the light cycle. So at around 5~6pm for a few hours I have a ton of micro bubbles. My lights run from 12p to 10p. Any other time of the day I see none.

Any idea why? If it was something harmful, wouldn't my corals close up or crash the tank? Are the macros just producing oxygen? I can't find info on this so if anyone has any idea please let me know.

Thanks!

Wow nice steal!

Are you going to drill it or use an overflow box?

Thanks! Not sure yet. It's prob gonna be a slow build so haven't thought of that yet.
  • 3 weeks later...

I can see why you are reluctant to take your 6 jbj down. It's so pretty and lush in your August FTS.

Thanks. It's coming along pretty well. I don't think I'll be taking it down anytime soon lol

This tank is awesome, so lush!

Btw, what light are you currently using and what's that light in the pic of your old macro tank?

Thank you!

I'm using a Philips 13w par30 5000K.

The light on my old macro tank was an IM Skkye LED 4watt 10k I think.

Nothing has really changed. This is just a small video I took the other day. Been working a lot lately so haven't had a chance to trim back the macros. I was thinking of cleaning up the tank and only leaving the mangrove with some rock and my grandi polyps but will see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video.

Thanks.

Ok so I gave the nano a bit of an overhaul. I removed a lot of the macros that where growing all over the place. Wanted a much more minimalist cleaner look. Also, I'm looking at maybe adding some blue lights just to add a bit more color.

Here's some September tank shots:

96A4952D-A6A6-4E8C-8A45-8BE5130B3ACE_zps

77CA1A7D-65EE-48A6-9B11-28A4D6E088A8_zps

DSC_1352_zpsuukfxqrn.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Archived