Pod Your Reef

My ongoing customer service issues.

tony3a

Doesn't look/sound like it. They seem to be saying that the OP had all these issues due to HIS mistakes in the warranty process.

Yep and when I dealt with them everything that went wrong was also my fault, must be too high salt content, must be too low salt content, bio balls weren't aerodynamic enough, etc.... Such a joke.

Yep and when I dealt with them everything that went wrong was also my fault, must be too high salt content, must be too low salt content, bio balls weren't aerodynamic enough, etc.... Such a joke.

Yea, I am going to agree with this. I was not mad before and now I am a little upset. I have proof that I spoke with you guys 6 different times for a reasonable duration and this was never mentioned to me. If this was mentioned at any time I would of provided it, I would not of called back 5 separate times just to chat with the lovely customer service reps.

Thank you for sending this part, I hope everyone can see what they may be dealing with if they order from Cad Lighting.

Have a nice day.

I do have to say I find it problematic that OP spent 2 months trying to get this all worked out, with little to no reply from CADLights, and it took a rather prominent member here (which is awesome that she did this) for CAD to actually do something. The rapidity with which CAD responded and remedied the situation suggests that they could have done this all along. How long would it have taken if Kat had not gone out of her way to try to help? I do not think it should take a prominent aquarist pushing CAD to get a situation like this fixed.

Props to OP for handling this situation like an adult - patient and calm, but firm.

Yeah I agree, we definitely had a long talk with all of our service reps today especially our service manager Jason. our service rep definitely should have mentioned on your first call or email that a proof of purchase was necessary for processing your replacement part as we normally do in our standard procedures.

what we are doing now is to make sure this doesn't happen again and that anybody that requires assistance for any replacement or warranty parts can get the help they need right away.

Im in the sales dept. but sent all the messages here over to our service dept as well as the owner. we are looking into this matter seriously and will try our best to make sure anyone with service related issues are dealt with immediately.

I apologize to everyone who have had a service related issue above. if anyone here needs assistance for any service issues, feel free to let me know and we can assist you right away.

Thanks so much

Scott

:blush: Guys CAD is on it now, I think they are responding. I didn;t do anything except send a link to this thread. I think the matter between Tony and CAD is resolved or almost resolved. I'm going to bid y'all adieu.

Hi, Tony

we have the replacement part sent to you and its on the way. it seems the hold up initially was that we didn't receive a proof of purchase from you, and couldn't fully process the replacement. we don't have an option yet for customers to order the parts separately, but we will start to do that now and I think that should help customers better.

for anybody needing replacement parts as well, please feel free to send me an email directly (Attention Scott) to sales@cadlights.com or PM me here. if it is a replacement or defective part you need for warranty, please also send us your proof of purchase.

Thank you to everyone and please let us know what we can do to assist you better.

Scott D.

Sales Manager

Scott,

Coming from someone who owns your products and has been happy with my past experiences with your company, this is not the right way to deal with this situation. Honestly, after reading this particular response, this is the first time that I actually felt like I would not want to ever order anything from CAD again. I am only writing this because I really think you guys need to understand that you have a potentially good thing going with your products, but really need to work on how you handle customer service. And I am not just talking about the rapidness that you deal with situations, but the manner in which you speak about a situation such as this one. I really do not care whether what your INTERNAL policy states as it really doesn't matter to us. It is pretty obvious that the OP was never told that he needed to supply CAD with anything other that what he already did. Therefore, coming out and saying that is why he has been waiting 2 months to receive a <$1 replacement part makes you look absolutely rediculous. Policy or not, you never should have replayed like this as it makes you and CADLights look as if you really do not care about your customers, and are only doing this because of the bad PR this thread is creating. Bottom line - your response should NEVER make it out like it was his fault, and should have only been apologetic about the fact that he has been waiting a ridiculous amount of time.

Yeah I agree, we definitely had a long talk with all of our service reps today especially our service manager Jason. our service rep definitely should have mentioned on your first call or email that a proof of purchase was necessary for processing your replacement part as we normally do in our standard procedures.

what we are doing now is to make sure this doesn't happen again and that anybody that requires assistance for any replacement or warranty parts can get the help they need right away.

Im in the sales dept. but sent all the messages here over to our service dept as well as the owner. we are looking into this matter seriously and will try our best to make sure anyone with service related issues are dealt with immediately.

I apologize to everyone who have had a service related issue above. if anyone here needs assistance for any service issues, feel free to let me know and we can assist you right away.

Thanks so much

Scott

This is a little better and I am glad to hear that you and your company are trying to improve. I hope to see this continue.

Update with good and bad news. Good news is the part is actually shipped and I have a tracking number. But I am disappointed the Scott just flat out ignored my multiple requests for him to call me back. I asked in a post on this thread, in messages between us and when I spoke with his rep I was assumed I would get a call back from Scott after his meeting. I believe I mentioned that in a earlier post as well. I was also not very pleased that they implied I was somehow at fault for this after clearly making every effort I could to get this resolved before coming to the forums.

I couldn't imagine spending a large sum of money on one of their tanks and then if there was a problem not being able to get a call back. Luckily it was just a skimmer this time. Hopefully when the volute gets here it fixes the multiple issues with the skimmer.

Lastly, thanks for the support from the forum and letting me post here to get this matter resolved, I hope this is the last we have to talk about this.

Tony A

Update with good and bad news. Good news is the part is actually shipped and I have a tracking number. But I am disappointed the Scott just flat out ignored my multiple requests for him to call me back. I asked in a post on this thread, in messages between us and when I spoke with his rep I was assumed I would get a call back from Scott after his meeting. I believe I mentioned that in a earlier post as well. I was also not very pleased that they implied I was somehow at fault for this after clearly making every effort I could to get this resolved before coming to the forums.

I couldn't imagine spending a large sum of money on one of their tanks and then if there was a problem not being able to get a call back. Luckily it was just a skimmer this time. Hopefully when the volute gets here it fixes the multiple issues with the skimmer.

Lastly, thanks for the support from the forum and letting me post here to get this matter resolved, I hope this is the last we have to talk about this.

Tony A

Keep coming back to the forum would ya? This is a good community that you will surely enjoy.

I have been looking around a bit, lots of amazing tanks. I have always been interested in starting a Nano, currently my brother and I have 5 tanks. A 150, 135, 77, 70 and a 60, most are frag tanks. My brother got really into it and converted both of his tanks to frag tanks. I still have a show tank, but have two frag tanks to support the hobby lol.

Hi, Tony

we take all assistance with all of our products as high priority and ship out many parts to lots of people everyday. once again I apologize for your experience in the delay. there really isnt any excuse for it other than that it was left as an incomplete ticket. our service rep that assisted you definitely should have mentioned that he/she needed a proof of purchase to fully process your replacement part as it wasn't purchased from us directly. after a long meeting we have resolved that issue and anyone that calls or emails us for any warranty parts must present a proof of purchase as originally stated on our policy online. we will also have replacement parts available separately as well as a few more steps to expedite that process.

I have tried to call you a few times on Wednesday. actually me and a few of us did. but the number you gave us had 13 digits and it wasnt able to connect each time we tried.

Thanks

Scott

Sent 2 days ago

Nano Reefer

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 2 days ago

Hello,

I have the Gen 3 PLS 100 and it will not generate any bubbles, I have fully cleaned it and there is airflow. When I blow air down the tube it will generate bubbles but stops when I do.

On my phone calls I was told that some of the Gen 3 PLS-100 skimmers were shipped with the incorrect volute. I just need a new one, my tank has not had a skimmer for a long time now and I am starting to lose corals.

I pretty sure you guys have my address because I have given it numerous times, but here it is again.

#XX XXXXX king road

Abbotsford BC, Canada

V2S XXX

I have two numbers I can be reached at, first one is work and other is personal. If you could call me so we could sort this out that would be great.

604-363-****

604-308-****

Thank you for the support.

Once again I am getting blamed for their lack of customer service, this is the exact message(with personal info blocked out) that has TWO separate phone numbers that both work. I sent to him as he asked. Scott replied back to this private message, so he saw it and read it. I am not sure your rep would of got 13 digits from when I was giving him my number, either way I had given my number numerous times before that and in the private messages.

​Just accept your faults and lack of customer service and stop blaming things on the consumer.

I was hoping I wouldn't of needed to reply or post any more messages about this issue, but I will not let them lie.

Thank you.

Hi, Tony

It wasn't my intention to put any blame on you, I apologize if you feel that way. we try our best to make sure everyone is satisfied with the products as well as take any of the assistance needed to be our top priority. but just in case if you do need to reach me directly, here is my # (909)972-8158, im always available to our customers.

Thanks

Scott

Thank you for that Scott, I will call you if there is any issues.

Have a nice day,

Tony

Hi, Tony

It wasn't my intention to put any blame on you, I apologize if you feel that way. we try our best to make sure everyone is satisfied with the products as well as take any of the assistance needed to be our top priority. but just in case if you do need to reach me directly, here is my # (909)972-8158, im always available to our customers.

Thanks
Scott

Thank you for that Scott, I will call you if there is any issues.

Have a nice day,

Tony

Tony - I really have to commend you on how you have kept a level head throughout this painful experience. Its ridiculous that something as small as a volute can turn into such a frustrating problem. None-the-less I see far too many people get bent out of shape in situations like this and you were able to keep your calm no matter how out of hand it got.

I really do hope you stick around and hang out here on the forums. It is a very helpfull and enjoyable place to hang out. Post some pictures of your tank. I am interested in seeing it.

Archived