Top Shelf Aquatics

Another person ripped of by cdnano24

Sully375

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Gulf on this one. If you don't have a problem adding up all the "other" fees & costs that are passed along, fine, personal preference. No right or wrong here, other than sending money by gift. But I'll leave you with one more example...

Went to make an online order for coral @ a vendor I won't name. They advertised free shipping at a certain dollar amount spent. OK, that's cool, I wanted a few things anyway. Added all the items to my cart to qualify for the free shipping & when I get to the checkout I have a $10 box charge!?!? WTF. Thought it was free shipping! Now I'm paying for the supplies to ship it? That's part of the free shipping, right? I guess not! How about gas to drive it to the local UPS? Want that too? Needless to say they lost my patronage.

Cough Reefgardener Cough.

I won't shop there either because of that.

I think the jist of this is some people pay fees and others don't. Don't send money as a gift unless you trust the person. If you send as a gift and get ripped off don't expect to be allowed to bitch and moan.

ok, so people will just put the price on here including the fee..... The ethics are screwed either way, wouldn't you want the person to be up front about it instead of try g to screw you out of it, regardless of if its 3.00 of 300?

Paypal also forbids money for product to be sent as a gift, bet most the people have done that as a buyer or received as a gift when selling too......

Stupidly. I send money to pay for something or as a loan to my friends only, as PayPal dictates. If you want to save the 3% by sending gift, you kind of deserve getting ripped a new one by a stranger.

Feel free to move on then, I personally hope this keeps getting attention. In general people need to be wary. I talked with this dude via forum and email, it doesn't matter how long the conversation is or how nice they seem, please learn from my mistake.

what was the paypal account he used? Post the associated email and try to reference all his paypal accounts. If there are multiple, perhaps a few of the victims could contact paypal and pursue them to start an investigation for wire fraud. or if it's just one, then people can take note not to deal with it irrespective of what forum screen name pops up.

perhaps post the town and state if you were the seller

hey everyone. how about we move on? hasn't his been beat enough..

Nope. This is what forums are for.

what was the paypal account he used? Post the associated email and try to reference all his paypal accounts. If there are multiple, perhaps a few of the victims could contact paypal and pursue them to start an investigation for wire fraud. or if it's just one, then people can take note not to deal with it irrespective of what forum screen name pops up.

perhaps post the town and state if you were the seller

I sent payment to chad24duke@yahoo.com and when he asked for $20 more for shipping and insurance I told him to refund my money or I'd open a claim. He refunded right away. His email name is Chad Dukes.

gulfsurfer101

Chad dukes sounds like a cock star name! Almost like Howie Feltersn*tch! That is a made up name, what is your real name!

Chad dukes sounds like a cock star name! Almost like Howie Feltersn*tch! That is a made up name, what is your real name!

Sounds more like the "Dukes" of Hazard??

Archived