Pod Your Reef

Another person ripped of by cdnano24

Sully375

Marc.The.Shark

If I see an ad that says "buyer pays PayPal fees and shipping", I just keep movin', pretty petty by the seller, especially on these kinds of boards where you ship 99.9% of the stuff sold, just advertise "shipped price" & be done with it. PayPal is what 3%? Gimme a break, if that's gonna kill you on a $50 pump, I don't want it!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cencalfishguy56

If I see an ad that says "buyer pays PayPal fees and shipping", I just keep movin', pretty petty by the seller, especially on these kinds of boards where you ship 99.9% of the stuff sold, just advertise "shipped price" & be done with it. PayPal is what 3%? Gimme a break, if that's gonna kill you on a $50 pump, I don't want it!

Same here man

Steensj2004

Whats the difference? If they add the 3.00 to the 100.00 item, or if they say ,"You pay paypal fees?" Item still cost $103.00? :huh:

Cencalfishguy56

Whats the difference? If they add the 3.00 to the 100.00 item, or if they say ,"You pay paypal fees?" Item still cost $103.00? :huh:

I would prefer them to say $103 shipped then $100 plus paypal fees Shipped it just looks better IMO.

Steensj2004

$103.00 is not suspicious at all lol

Not the point though, by the logic above, what difference does it make. Literally six in one hand, half dozen the other. Nitpicking semantics...

Not the point though, by the logic above, what difference does it make. Literally six in one hand, half dozen the other. Nitpicking semantics...

If that's the way you want to do business transactions, fine. I choose not to do so....

HarryPotter

It's all in the psychology :)

Yeah, $100 is a nice pretty number (so is $99- seems even less!).

I personally as a seller would round down to $100 from $103 to attract business. Who cares about the $3 in this scale?!??

I don't pay the fees. It is the principal of it. It is part of doing business. I also don't go to gas stations who charge 10 cents more per gallon for credit/debit transactions or places that charge a "Card fee" of like $0.50 per transaction. I've left the shit on the counter I wanted to buy in a store because of stuff like that. Why should I bear the burden of you running your business?

Steensj2004

It's all in the psychology :)

Yeah, $100 is a nice pretty number (so is $99- seems even less!).

I personally as a seller would round down to $100 from $103 to attract business. Who cares about the $3 in this scale?!??

Somebody might.... I've made a pretty good nest egg for myself by being cheap and worrying about 3.00 here and there.... Seems silly u till you see what 20 years of worrying about a few bucks can add up too.

If that's the way you want to do business transactions, fine. I choose not to do so....

The question is, who is being more silly, the guy who doesn't want to lose 3.00 or the guy that doesn't want to pay 3.00?

so dickbutts, does this scambro use a single paypal account or does he have multiples? Post da paypal account so people can nope the #### out of the transaction irrespective of screen names used

Somebody might.... I've made a pretty good best egg for myself by being cheap and worrying about 3.00 here and there.... Seems silly u till you see what 20 years of worrying about a few bucks can add up too.
The question is, who is being more silly, the guy who doesn't want to lose 3.00 or the guy that doesn't want to pay 3.00?

The guy that doesn't want to lose 3 bucks

Steensj2004

I don't pay the fees. It is the principal of it. It is part of doing business. I also don't go to gas stations who charge 10 cents more per gallon for credit/debit transactions or places that charge a "Card fee" of like $0.50 per transaction. I've left the shit on the counter I wanted to buy in a store because of stuff like that. Why should I bear the burden of you running your business?

Because you are the consumer, and nobody goes into business to lose money?!

so dickbutts, does this scambro use a single paypal account or does he have multiples? Post da paypal account so people can nope the #### out of the transaction irrespective of screen names used

The guy that doesn't want to lose 3 bucks

Why? Or is that your opinion?

So why do their transaction fees get passed on to me in a separate fee? That is a cost of doing business. Eat the cost or raise the prices but don't tack on an additional fee.

I've also refused to pay "Fuel surcharges" on deliveries. That is some BS. If you can't afford the fuel then increase your rates but don't try and hide behind a "Fuel surcharge."

Steensj2004

So why do their transaction fees get passed on to me in a separate fee? That is a cost of doing business. Eat the cost or raise the prices but don't tack on an additional fee.

I've also refused to pay "Fuel surcharges" on deliveries. That is some BS. If you can't afford the fuel then increase your rates but don't try and hide behind a "Fuel surcharge."

so you WANT them to hide fees, instead of being up front about why the product costs more?! Hard pass.....

Everyone is different though, I can see your side and where you are coming from.

It's a monetary transaction and paypal actually prohibits passing the fee on. If I wanted to send you some free money, I'd send you some free money. But purchasing is a contract and i want all the rights and protections associated with it. We're not friends, you're selling me shit.

Also, it's on principle. I'm not going to pay your fees you cheap scumbag. I wouldn't argue or change my decision if you just added the nominal fee into the purchasing price. Asking for a handout at the expense of my buyer's protection is legitimate cause for bypassing a transaction.

Work it into your overhead. Your same perspective can be used by the buyer.... Who wants to pay 103 dollars for an item advertised as 100 shipped? Guaranteed the same type of people that don't want to only get paid 97.00 for an item they are asking 100 for. Telling someone to pay the fees (if you do PayPal 100% will NOT help you in anyway if you get ####ed over) is just petty to me and lacks tact.

Steensj2004

It's a monetary transaction and paypal actually prohibits passing the fee on. If I wanted to send you some free money, I'd send you some free money. But purchasing is a contract and i want all the rights and protections associated with it. We're not friends, you're selling me shit.

Also, it's on principle. I'm not going to pay your fees you cheap scumbag. I wouldn't argue or change my decision if you just added the nominal fee into the purchasing price. Asking for a handout at the expense of my buyer's protection is legitimate cause for bypassing a transaction.

ok, so people will just put the price on here including the fee..... The ethics are screwed either way, wouldn't you want the person to be up front about it instead of try g to screw you out of it, regardless of if its 3.00 of 300?

Work it into your overhead. Your same perspective can be used by the buyer.... Who wants to pay 103 dollars for an item advertised as 100 shipped? Guaranteed the same type of people that don't want to only get paid 97.00 for an item they are asking 100 for. Telling someone to pay the fees (if you do PayPal 100% will NOT help you in anyway if you get ####ed over) is just petty to me and lacks tact.

Paypal also forbids money for product to be sent as a gift, bet most the people have done that as a buyer or received as a gift when selling too......

HarryPotter

It's all opinion guys, there's no right or wrong.

Personally, if I am selling something for $45 shipped, I expect to be paid $45 and not a penny more. Shipped is shipped, all fees included.

ok, so people will just put the price on here including the fee..... The ethics are screwed either way, wouldn't you want the person to be up front about it instead of try g to screw you out of it, regardless of if its 3.00 of 300?

fine by me. The seller calculates their price based on how much they're willing to take and the current market value. But principle dictates all terms are stated beforehand. How are they screwing me if they say this is my price, take it or leave it? The problem comes when they try to enforce an illegal surcharge or bypass it at my expense. It's a dickmove when big companies do it and it's a dickmove when individual sellers do it. I'll pass. If you're happy to pay it then by all means.

Also, 3% of 300 is $9 not 3.00.

so you WANT them to hide fees, instead of being up front about why the product costs more?! Hard pass.....

Everyone is different though, I can see your side and where you are coming from.

Yup that is exactly what I want. I know why prices go up. I run a business. When I raise prices it isn't because I want to make more money but it is to keep my profit at the same it was with rising expenses. If you are running a good business you should be making a good profit right off the bat on items or services you sell. You shouldn't have to charge fees such as credit card fees or fuel surcharges to make a profit. Those "Fees" should already be factored into the item prices. It is part of your overhead. That is part of doing business.

gulfsurfer101

Anybody asking me to eat fee's gets told to eat a d!ck, plain and simple. Everyone complaining of getting ripped off infact paid for a lesson here. Your money has bought you the knowledge you now need to protect yourself at all times, in any way possible when making online transactions with other individuals, and to research a vendor before sending any money. Sucks that he'll most likely get away with it, but hopefully karma will slap the p!ss out this fool.

Marc.The.Shark

Anybody asking me to eat fee's gets told to eat a d!ck, plain and simple. Everyone complaining of getting ripped off infact paid for a lesson here. Your money has bought you the knowledge you now need to protect yourself at all times, in any way possible when making online transactions with other individuals, and to research a vendor before sending any money. Sucks that he'll most likely get away with it, but hopefully karma will slap the p!ss out this fool.

I'm with Gulf on this one. If you don't have a problem adding up all the "other" fees & costs that are passed along, fine, personal preference. No right or wrong here, other than sending money by gift. But I'll leave you with one more example...

Went to make an online order for coral @ a vendor I won't name. They advertised free shipping at a certain dollar amount spent. OK, that's cool, I wanted a few things anyway. Added all the items to my cart to qualify for the free shipping & when I get to the checkout I have a $10 box charge!?!? WTF. Thought it was free shipping! Now I'm paying for the supplies to ship it? That's part of the free shipping, right? I guess not! How about gas to drive it to the local UPS? Want that too? Needless to say they lost my patronage.

Archived