Top Shelf Aquatics

Synergy Reef + Full EcoTech Line!

12_egg_Omelette

I ended up picking up a sea aquatics es5, a calcium reactor (korallin), 2 MP40s. Still need to get a bio pellet reactor to and dual Carbon gfo.

haha i went with the curve5 on my setup (rea sea max 250 + 27 gallon sump) ... its pretty much identical to yours =)

I only use one mp40qd in my tank, as I find it is plenty enough. I only have 90% SPS as I can't keep any LPS and softies (except for zoas) at the moment with the massive flow for my SPS. Therefore, I just got rid of all the LPS and softies.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12_egg_Omelette

Pretty much want to do mostly SPS as well. My wife loves her blasto and rics. So I promised her a ric covered rock. Where did you mount your MP40? Are you not worried about the flow going in one way causing any weird growth for the SPS? It's hard to sit on tons of equipment in the closest that you can't use yet.

To top it off I ended up buying sprite's Synergy Reef Pico tank yesterday as well, no idea what I'm going to do that that yet either.

haha i went with the curve5 on my setup (rea sea max 250 + 27 gallon sump) ... its pretty much identical to yours =)

I only use one mp40qd in my tank, as I find it is plenty enough. I only have 90% SPS as I can't keep any LPS and softies (except for zoas) at the moment with the massive flow for my SPS. Therefore, I just got rid of all the LPS and softies.

Can you link me to your build thread?

Pretty much want to do mostly SPS as well. My wife loves her blasto and rics. So I promised her a ric covered rock. Where did you mount your MP40? Are you not worried about the flow going in one way causing any weird growth for the SPS? It's hard to sit on tons of equipment in the closest that you can't use yet.

To top it off I ended up buying sprite's Synergy Reef Pico tank yesterday as well, no idea what I'm going to do that that yet either.

Can you link me to your build thread?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349682-mccs-paradise-reboot-red-sea-rsm-250/

12_egg_Omelette

well I came across a tank that's 36x26x24 starfire glass, about 7 years old never used stand and tank for $600, but it's eurobraced and the teeth are egg crate. I love the depth of this thing but not sure I care for the height and eurobracing. I'm going to decide by the end of the day if this is the way I want to go or not.

12_egg_Omelette

Picked up two master flex peristaltic pumps, going to be a sweet sweet calcium reactor set up, and a Burkert 6011 solenoid. They have a mean time before failure of one billion on/off cycles so even if I wanted to increase the bubble count and have the solenoid click on and off frequently, I'll never wear it out honestly. They do run fairly hot though. I'd expect heat failure before mechanical wear and tear honestly. That's just why it's good to always be checking your reactor ph and bubble counter to ensure things are operating as they should. The solenoids are actually designed to operate better if they're cycling on and off frequently.

AWESOME!

Any chance the next time you are in Austin you could bring me a small chip to toss into my tank to boost the biodiversity?

Grade A homebrew in it for ya...

Dammit E - I didn't know you did homebrew still, too?! Bah. You get cooler and cooler.

12_egg_Omelette

MOAR pictures

Dammit E - I didn't know you did homebrew still, too?! Bah. You get cooler and cooler.

I'll snap some pictures after work, since I've been buying lab quality gear I don't want it to look like I'm stealing lab equipment from work.

Two in the keg, double bock in secondary fermenter...contemplating a new recipe to make a chocolate porter for the Mrs.

12_egg_Omelette

Two in the keg, double bock in secondary fermenter...contemplating a new recipe to make a chocolate porter for the Mrs.

IPA and imperial ales, drool. Beer is for college football tailgating, whiskey and cigars is where it's at all other times.

12_egg_Omelette

Update: I decided to go with the 48'' 85 gallon system and will be using a synergy reef sump or one of Mr. Reefers if we can make baffles for a 40 breeder.

12_egg_Omelette

I really hope that all the quality components make this tank pretty much run flawlessly, Return pump is looking like it's going to be the new ecotech return pump

vectra_header.jpg

12_egg_Omelette

Picked up a BRS dual reactor for carbon and gfo, everything is coming together nicely, also decided to go with the reef synergy sump. frags will be grown in the sump as well with a AI sol

PATANK_zps1x4e6uim.jpg

• 1 month later...
12_egg_Omelette

IMG_0364_zpsmnlcpc5z.jpg

IMG_0392_zpshndhwlic.jpg

IMG_0394_zpso2kzkoxp.jpg

IMG_0395_zpsz8dqlizm.jpg

Vectra M1 pump is scheduled to be delivered today finally after a long wait. No idea what happened. A lot of items aren't picutres in the sump as they are packed in another box ready for the move.

I'm toying with using rock 2.1 by walt smith to do my rock scape and then use the tampa bay rock in the sump and ensure all pests like gorilla crabs and mantis and removed before making their way into the display. The sump I plan on lining with marine pure as well.

12_egg_Omelette

Thank you, I'm pretty stoked to get it set up. I was going to hard plumb it with blue and grey fittings, but I think I'll end up changing the sump out to a nicer reef synergy sump in the next couple of months. I'll probably wait until then to hard plumb. I think it just looks a lot more clean that way.

Archived