ReefCleaners.org

1.6 gallon AIO pico build (Now with a blenny!)

NinjaReefer

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended up having to take out the rock and I could not get all the macro out of all the little nooks so I tossed it. I saved the mussels and clam and the xenia and then tossed the rock. The good news is I think I have it completely gone from my tank.

Anyways here are some pics. It looks a bit empty now. I am going to pick up a couple frags to build up the back wall. Maybe a nice zoa rock if I can find a good flat one.

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

Duncan is looking really good! How does the blenny handle temp swings? I recall you saying you dealt with swings in past tanks. Is it the same with this one? I go between 78-84..corals do fine with it but wondering how a blenny would do. Any thoughts on how shrimp would do with swings like that? Thanks Ninj.

Duncan is looking really good! How does the blenny handle temp swings? I recall you saying you dealt with swings in past tanks. Is it the same with this one? I go between 78-84..corals do fine with it but wondering how a blenny would do. Any thoughts on how shrimp would do with swings like that? Thanks Ninj.

I don't think either would have problems with those temps. Shrimp can be a lot more sensitive to salinity swings though. Every time I have put shrimp into a small system I have regretted it. They tend to pick at coral if they don't get fed very often. You can forget about ever feeding your duncan again.

The blenny seems happy in his home and does not cause any problems. The only downside with him is he eats a ton for a fish his size.

If I did it all over, I think a similarly sized goby would be a better choice. Although the blenny has great personality. I love the way his eyes move and follow me around the room.

Archived