Pod Your Reef

Two Cats and a Reef

thecoralbeauty

HarryPotter

harry, i think we might be over-thinking this. you say the guy doesnt have great lighting for them where youre getting them, and youre intensiity is super high. they proabably just need some time to adjust to the higher intensity- you can essentially shock anything if you suddenly put too much light on them.

Yeah you're probably right.

In other news, I'm thinking if I want to pick up a few to sell/trade. Like buy a clam for $12, and trade it for a nice acro or brain coral

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
charnelhouse

Shit I want it, but too much $$.

Wait, what? You drop cash like it grows on a tree in your yard but you won't spend $35 to learn how to take care of your critters? :bling::haha:

thecoralbeauty

read it! my local library had it, and i poured over it in college before i got my first clam. :) i think thats one of my favorite parts of this hobby- the research.

HarryPotter

Wait, what? You drop cash like it grows on a tree in your yard but you won't spend $35 to learn how to take care of your critters? :bling::haha:

What? No I don't........... And my critters aren't exactly suffering lol! Internet research is free :)

charnelhouse

read it! my local library had it, and i poured over it in college before i got my first clam. :) i think thats one of my favorite parts of this hobby- the research.

Ms. Whitelock said read it. You best do it or demerits!

Internet research is only so good. You end up thinking you are sunburning your un-sunburnable clams. :D

HarryPotter

Ms. Whitelock said read it. You best do it or demerits!

Internet research is only so good. You end up thinking you are sunburning your un-sunburnable clams. :D

Ouch! :) I'll see if I can get it online or kindle

thecoralbeauty

speaking of- when are they shipping out today?? so exciting!!! also, will the shipping number tell me what time they'll arrive tuesday? i've never done overnight before- is it early morning???

charnelhouse

speaking of- when are they shipping out today?? so exciting!!! also, will the shipping number tell me what time they'll arrive tuesday? i've never done overnight before- is it early morning???

Overnight usually ends up on your normal delivery truck. It just gets on that truck a lot quicker ;). Meaning it will probably show up at the same time your deliveries normally do.

HarryPotter

Shipping today for tomorrow early delivery. I'll get the tracking and forward it to you as soon as it shipps

jedimasterben

Overnight usually ends up on your normal delivery truck. It just gets on that truck a lot quicker ;). Meaning it will probably show up at the same time your deliveries normally do.

Unless the service purchased has a time guarantee, depending on the destination city they range from the default option to a paid option.

thecoralbeauty

the rest of my existence this year has been at work from 6am to about 5pm, so i really have no idea what time "normally" packages show up.

so. happy. clams!

HarryPotter

JUST GOT THE TRACKING NUMBER! it's coming at 10:30 am. :D

Wow awesome! I just texted you the tracking information as well!

10:30 am? Awesome! That means the clams will be in transit less than 20 hours- not bad!

thecoralbeauty

not bad at all. but do keep in mind the time difference.

last couple days have been rough for me, so i'm happy to have something to look forward to! very exciting.

Happy Dendro! (From the NPS tank)

IMG_3084_zpsmplzbcag.jpg

I have finally had a little time to sit and go thru some of my computer stuff and caught up on your thread. They look great! Mine are finally eating in my tank now so I glued them in Sunday. I pray both ours continue to do well now!

thecoralbeauty

I'm sorry you've had a rough few days and I'm glad some clams are coming to give you a boost!!!

Thanks, i'm excited too!!

I have finally had a little time to sit and go thru some of my computer stuff and caught up on your thread. They look great! Mine are finally eating in my tank now so I glued them in Sunday. I pray both ours continue to do well now!

awesome- im so glad yours pulled out of it too. did you find that the current had much effect on the polyp extension/opening?

thecoralbeauty

so im having an aptasia invasion. ill get the ones i can see tomorrow when my hands are in the tank, but im also cnsidering getting a peppermint shrimp. just worried that my pistol wont like that.... or the pep wont eat the aptasia...

hm. what to do.

righttirefire

I use my test syringes. Microwave a coffee cup about 1/2 full of tank water for about 1:30. Fill syringe and blast. When it releases. Turkey baster!

I have "special" cups, containers, utensils for tank use only...

That would explain why the thanksgiving turkey seemed overly salty....

Archived