Coral Vue Hydros

my 10 gal 1 1/2 years old.

corriewf

Originally posted by kris_willard

Hey corrie looking  good!Is  your clown hosting  that torch?

Yes, he loves the torch and alveopora!Really fun to watch him playing with them.I caught him sucking on the tentacles of the torch a couple weeks ago.:blush:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 3gEclipseGuy

Did those puffers take a bite out of the clowns tail?  I like all your bubbles.

Yeah noob , we will see what your tank looks like after a year and half if you can keep one stable that long.What concerns me is the fact that you put a rbta in a new tank with a lack of proper lighting and you didnt even know a hermit crab molting is normal.I am not saying that as a beginner you should know this ,I am saying that a beginner shouldnt be attempting a rbta.Sure your tank looks good now ,but the true test is time in this hobby, my young padawan.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=36146

nice tank corrie... don't sweat the noobs... there seems to be a rash of "jackasses" joining this sight lately. but the tank is really looking good. especially the macro shots that you added. very nice..... keep up the good work.

Originally posted by jaguilar

nice tank corrie...  don't sweat the noobs...  there seems to be a rash of "jackasses" joining this sight lately.  but the tank is really looking good.  especially the macro shots that you added.  very nice.....  keep up the good work.

Thanks jag.I cant wait for all my frags to fill in some of the empty spots.Your tank is awesome and I striving to have a similar effect in mine.

Corrie has anger management issues. I did mean the bubble corals. As for lighting on a RBTA, another member has dispelled the lighting myth with this site: http://home.att.net/~karenssaltwate...eID-697114.html

Ok ,lets just say for the sake of conversation that the rbta has no lighting requirements , they do require a very stable enviroment.Do you think you can provide that?Anemones can be very dirty ,as you said your feeding him alot.That food and poop is gonna cause spikes in ammonia and nitrite and nitrate.RBTA like your other inhabitants dont like those being present in the water so unless you keep that in check your gonna have one dead anemone.Since our tanks are so small one dead rbta means one crashed nano.Oh and thats not to mention that it will soon out grow your tank..........So have fun and again show me some pics of your tank in a year and a half buddy.;)

3gEclipseGuy
Originally posted by AbSoluTc

Page URL Not Found!!

The requested page does not exist on this server. The URL you typed or followed is either outdated or inaccurate.

Doh! That site was up a month ago...

3gEclipseGuy
Originally posted by corriewf

Thanks jag.I cant wait for all my frags to fill in some of the empty spots.Your tank is awesome and I striving to have a similar effect in mine.

Ok ,lets just say for the sake of conversation that the rbta has no lighting requirements , they do require a very stable enviroment.Do you think you can provide that?Anemones can be very dirty ,as you said your feeding him alot.That food and poop is gonna cause spikes in ammonia and nitrite and nitrate.RBTA like your other inhabitants dont like those being present in the water so unless you keep that in check your gonna have one  dead anemone.Since our tanks are so small one dead rbta means one crashed nano.Oh and thats not to mention that it will soon out grow your tank..........So have fun and again show me some pics of your tank in a year and a half buddy.;)

yeah feeding in any nano needs to be watched carefully on the water quality. I'm not worried about that b/c of regular water changes. The second thing you mention is more of a problem. I can see it getting bigger already. I'll need to trade it in for something else eventually. Any suggestions on a good small anemone for nano's? Bubbles? like you got or Torches? They seem pretty good.

PS- I will definitely post pics in a year and half.

I would suggest an atlantic flower anemone like the one I have on page two.They stay in one spot and dont grow that much.They come in lots of different colors.Do a search under.. atlantic flower anemone ..and you will pull up another thread of mine with some pics of different colored ones.

probably dumbarse question...but i thought that that puffer was brackish... i guess it took to acclimating well...you planning on keeping it for a while? I read it grows to around 4 inches

Originally posted by tawamiami

probably dumbarse question...but i thought that that puffer was brackish... i guess it took to acclimating well...you planning on keeping it for a while?  I read it grows to around 4 inches

LOL! Very logical question.Here is a couple of links addressing those issues a little.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=37151

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...+spotted+puffer

Originally posted by tawamiami

damn...frigging 2 years...you sure your mom ain't buying a new one every time it dies?

LOL! I am probably old enough to be your dad.:D

Originally posted by ricky1414

I like the theme you got going there, Valonia in almost every picture!!!!:P

Hey , gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.

I am just gonna repeat this over and over to myself.

Hear no evil!

See no evil!

Speak no evil!

Hear no evil!

See no evil!

Speak no evil!

Hear no evil!

See no evil!

Speak no evil!

:D :D :D

Ok , abs came over with his camera and led setup and we got some awesome pics.I also was doing some spot feeding adn took some pics of that as well.Let me know what you think.

Blue%20Shroom%20Eating%20-%201.jpgBlue%20Shroom%20Eating%20-%202.jpgBlue%20Shroom%20Eating%20-%203.jpgWhite%20Shroom%20-%20Eating.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, see your in timeout.Dont forget to let someone know if you have to pee so you can leave the corner your nose is in.

Archived