inTank Media Baskets

my 10 gal 1 1/2 years old.

corriewf

3gEclipseGuy
Originally posted by birdman204

speaking from experience , sea bunnies from www.IPSF.com and a few other online vendors will mow through a 10G worth of algae in less than a month.  Make sure you know someone else with these problems though, cuz they will starve after that.  Be sure to keep up with WC's if not do extras to combat the increased waste nutrient levels from them.

Would these "sea bunnies" be a bad idea for a 3gallon? It sounds like they could take over a tank. Don't have any hair algae quite yet. It came on a rock I bought with some 'purple hair algae'? I thought it looked kind of cool but just thinking ahead if I would need something like this.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kris_willard

i noow see what yoou mean about the green coraline.... you need to get some purple in there to help contrast and it will look sweet.

3Geclipse Guy, with the amount of LR in that tank, they would plow through it in less than a week, and that is if you have a BAD outbreak. I would stick with WC's, nutrient control , i.e. not overfeeding, and keep your stocking slow.

Hey Corriewf, have you had any problems with your puffer nipping at your corrals and rock? I did'nt relize they were reef safe. How big does the green spoted get?

thanks a bunch

by the way, nice tank chief, i gotta get one of those flower anenemies.

Originally posted by the deacon

Hey Corriewf, have you had any problems with your puffer nipping at your corrals and rock?  I did'nt relize they were reef safe. How big does the green spoted get?

thanks a bunch

by the way, nice tank chief, i gotta get one of those flower anenemies.

He tried to take a bite out of an anemone I had once.It was pretty funny to see him shaking from the sting.:DSince that ,he hasnt dared touch any coral or anemone.He didnt even go after the lettuce nudibranchs I had.

I am unsure as to how big they get.I have seen some websites that say 3 inchs and some that say 6.I know since I have had him (2 years) he has only grown maybe a 1/4 inch.Its cool to think that out of all the nano reefers out there ,I am the only one with a puffer!

I wasnt going to get an anemone.I have killed a couple in this tank over a year ago and decided no more anemones.I did a bunch of research on this guy and they are very hardy.What I love about them is they anchor their foot to the bottom of the glass and they stay there.They dont move around the tank and sting everything.That was a BIG factor in getting him.The only bad thing is Atlantic Flower Anemones wont host clowns.Oh well, thats what the torch is for.I just picked up a tulip anemone yesterday from ABS and will post pics soon.

Miller_time ,if that is your real name sir ,lol, I prefer Bud_time myself.Anyhow I have the 250 skilter adn an aquaclear 101 ,80gph.So all together I have 330 gph.I would have to guess that my substrate ,rock and livestock displace about 4 gallons of water.So I have calculated that I have a tunrover rate of 55 per hour.However if I over calculated the displacement and divide 7 by 330 ,then that would give me a turnover rate of around 47.Either way I have a good turnover ammount for the sps in the tank.Also what is important is the skilter is pushing water from front to back and the powerhead is pushing water from right to left.The way I have the powerhead placed creates a conflict with the current making it a variable that is always changing.Corals , ime dont like the current going in the same direction all the time.May I ask what you have and/or thinking of having in your tank?

man what ya talkin about i have fraged alveopora like 10 times and have never lost the frag or the mother colony i think its one of the most easy to frag in my expierience mh is the key to keepin alveopora healthy

If you say so buddy.Why dont you post a thread about fragging flowerpot and see how many flames you get, hell I might even join in and flame you.It isnt something that should be done alot and not by a beginner.

DRZL-sauras

damn i wish i had some hair algae...my cleanup crew is hungryyyyyy...no BS i had hair algae for 2 week after i initally setup ....long flowing green hairs then i added some cleanup and boom gone in a day...i doubt it was all them since it was a small crew in a 20L..but that must of been the fastest startup phase in history...never happened again..

dont mean to gloat just sharing an experience

well maybe a little bit

do you have a skimmer on this bad boy corrie?

• 2 weeks later...

ABS came by and took some pics of teh tank with his camera and they really turned out good.So here you go.

Here are some close ups of the alveopora.

Al%20Full%20Frontal.jpg

Al%20Top%20Shot%20Full.jpg

Al%20Top%20Shot.jpg

All%20Full%20Frontal%20Close.jpg

Archived