Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Box Reef Going Wireless

DaveFason

Is it possible to do a mini with a white gooseneck and how much extra on the bill?

Sorry, probably not the right place to ask but didn't want to fire up another thread.

Thanks!

You will get a faster response through his email. You can find the email address in his signature. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Do this and I guarantee you can add me as another customer. Windows phone FTW.

That's Bluefish, not Nanobox. Spencer has said that it more than likely will not happen, but Android tablets start at $40, and you can probably get knockoffs on ebay that will at least work to get it configured for even less.

That's Bluefish, not Nanobox. Spencer has said that it more than likely will not happen, but Android tablets start at $40, and you can probably get knockoffs on ebay that will at least work to get it configured for even less.

Yes, but it would be nice to not have to use two devices.

reefernanoman

Do this and I guarantee you can add me as another customer. Windows phone FTW.

Who uses Windows OS on a phone? Is it like 2% market share? J/K.

SpencerShepard

Who uses Windows OS on a phone? Is it like 2% market share? J/K.

This is not far from accurate. I actually really like Microsoft products... I do almost all development on a Microsoft Surface Pro. Unfortunately it is just not worth the investment to develop for Windows Phone with the current base as a small developer.

evilC found a pretty great solution for using Bluefish on Mac or PC though: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/358460-control-from-pc/#entry4978766

Is it possible to do a mini with a white gooseneck and how much extra on the bill?

Sorry, probably not the right place to ask but didn't want to fire up another thread.

Thanks!

$15 for a white gooseneck. It will be sprayed with Plastidip. Just drop me a line.

I just got back in town guys, will catch up on PMs this evening.

-Dave

$15 for a white gooseneck. It will be sprayed with Plastidip. Just drop me a line.

Thanks for the info! I'm currently talking to you about a retro kit for a biocube which will be our first buy. I've been thinking about the mini for my IM 4g, but I'm undecided on whether im going to close it down or not. I'll certainly be talking to you if I decide to keep it going though.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. As you were! :)

reefernanoman

Thanks for the info! I'm currently talking to you about a retro kit for a biocube which will be our first buy. I've been thinking about the mini for my IM 4g, but I'm undecided on whether im going to close it down or not. I'll certainly be talking to you if I decide to keep it going though.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. As you were! :)

Or just have two tanks with awesome lights! That's what I'm doing! I'm having a minitide done for my fusion 10G and in the future I will get the duo for my NC 28G! Win win. ;)

Or just have two tanks with awesome lights! That's what I'm doing! I'm having a minitide done for my fusion 10G and in the future I will get the duo for my NC 28G! Win win. ;)

Oh I would love to! Sadly I'm running on a budget so have to work to that. I may keep my 4g running until I can put a mini over it.I really do want to!

reefernanoman

Oh I would love to! Sadly I'm running on a budget so have to work to that. I may keep my 4g running until I can put a mini over it.I really do want to!

If you get rid of it, you will miss it! Just keep it around until you can upgrade the light.

If you get rid of it, you will miss it! Just keep it around until you can upgrade the light.

Very true! I've had it running for two years now and things are just about making it with the stock light, nothing really flourishes, they just live... So I'm at the point where I really have to upgrade or close/move it. I can wait a little longer though. :)

Dave, I have a nuvo fusion 20 pretty much same dimensions of the nuvo 16 which I believe you advertise works with your mini. just an inch wider and am inch deeper same 24in length . Currently have a kessil A150 but looking to upgrade ,have mainly LPS and softies, will your mini spread to cover the length of this tank without issue?

reefernanoman

Dave, I have a nuvo fusion 20 pretty much same dimensions of the nuvo 16 which I believe you advertise works with your mini. just an inch wider and am inch deeper same 24in length . Currently have a kessil A150 but looking to upgrade ,have mainly LPS and softies, will your mini spread to cover the length of this tank without issue?

I'm not Dave, but if you check his website you will find out that a nanobox duo is recommended for that tank. A minitide doesn't have enough spread for a tank that long, unless you get two of them.

I'm not Dave, but if you check his website you will find out that a nanobox duo is recommended for that tank. A minitide doesn't have enough spread for a tank that long, unless you get two of them.

As a Duo / Fusion 20 owner, he is right. You will want a Duo and you will love it. B)

0kQMjt7.jpg

reefernanoman

As a Duo / Fusion 20 owner, he is right. You will want a Duo and you will love it. B)

0kQMjt7.jpg

Sexy! One day I will have a duo and a Fusion 40g.

You can get away with the Mini, however the Duo allows for upgrades down the road.

thanks yes the only reason I asked is the website says a mini works for nuvo 16 and the fusion 20 is essentially the same. Will you update this thread with the new models are available with wifi, I will be waiting to place an order.

• 3 weeks later...

I have posted this in other threads but will add it here as well. If anyone is in need of a controller head unit or cheap camera go to your local Walmart and pickup an LG L34C Optimus Fuel by net 10 wireless. They are $19 and can be used without activating them and run android. And they work awesome, stable and have great resolution. With some creative mounting you can have a controller touch screen and a cam to keep an eye on your tank for less than twenty dollars!!! Even cheaper than a tablet.

reefernanoman

Can someone or Dave please post some detailed pictures as to how the plug goes from the minitide to the BF mini for a dummy like me? I have the extra moonlight channel too. Thanks

This is what he sent me this morning.

To Start :
  1. Plug USB power supply into Bluefish Mini controller.
Download Bluefish APP from Google Play ( Android ) or Apple App Store.
Connect device to Bluefish Mini.
Plug larger power supply into driver box on the side with wires coming out.
Plug small plug from driver box into Bluefish controller. There is a small arrow on the top of the plug, this need to face up and goes to the top set of pins. Use the pins on the left and plug into 2/3/4. Channel 1 & 2 & 3 if using moonlight.
Let there be light!
Adjust accordingly.

Yep! 99.95. For the case I will have a firm price very soon.

Even though I have an older unit, will I bee able to have the "full spectrum" control as shown in the pictures. Even though I really only have control over the blues & whites right now.

Archived