Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box Reef Going Wireless

DaveFason

reefernanoman

Even though I have an older unit, will I bee able to have the "full spectrum" control as shown in the pictures. Even though I really only have control over the blues & whites right now.

I don't think so. You probably didn't pay for the extra channels right? So your board probably only has two channels. You would have to upgrade your board through Dave.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so. You probably didn't pay for the extra channels right? So your board probably only has two channels. You would have to upgrade your board through Dave.

If the $99 included the board upgrade, then I am in....

jedimasterben

If the $99 included the board upgrade, then I am in....

If you're using anything other than the newest board, you can still only have two channel control. Not sure if Dave is still doing the V3 board upgrade for just the cost of the array ($55) like he did when they were first released, but the Bluefish upgrade is just a drop-in replacement for the Storm that the end user does. Four channel also requires another pair of drivers, so that would be in addition to the cost of the board.

I see that the Android app doesn't have sliders, just percentages?

What are you trying to adjust? All necessary areas have sliders.
reefernanoman

What are you trying to adjust? All necessary areas have sliders.

The color percentages. I see that IOS has sliders. I don't see that in the Android app.

So if you purchase a Duo at this time, it comes with the Bluefish mini correct? Are you still limited to 2 channel control (blues and whites) unless you upgrade to more channels?

jedimasterben

So if you purchase a Duo at this time, it comes with the Bluefish mini correct? Are you still limited to 2 channel control (blues and whites) unless you upgrade to more channels?

Yes and yes.

Yes and yes.

Thanks for your answer. With the great color blending that Dave does with his lights, I guess it doesn't matter how many channels they have.. I think that's what seems so "gimmicky" about some of his competitors lights.

Thanks for your answer. With the great color blending that Dave does with his lights, I guess it doesn't matter how many channels they have.. I think that's what seems so "gimmicky" about some of his competitors lights.

Like Ben said. Even on my personal tanks I use two channels. While more control is nice for some, your average person does not want to think about what my cyan or what my violets should be set at.

-Dave

reefernanoman

Like Ben said. Even on my personal tanks I use two channels. While more control is nice for some, your average person does not want to think about what my cyan or what my violets should be set at.

-Dave

I'm a control freak and that's why I wanted the two extra channels. Just another thing to play with on my reef. Not absolutely necessary, but fun to have ;)

I have four channels modded into my tide upgrades. (I'm working on a write up for this) It's good fun to play with on the bluefish mini. :)

reefernanoman

You can use the cyan/cool blue channel as a moonlight with the four channel control. Is fun. :)

Or add the moonlight channel and have fun with that too. ;)

• 2 months later...
jedimasterben

i don't know if i miss it or not but do it come with a camera or do i have to provide a webcam?

:huh:

It's just the controller. You need an IP camera on its own that can do MJPEG streams.

Archived