Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JimmehLee's IM 10 Build; Final FTS

Jimmeh Lee

Thank you!

That anemone started moving the day I left to visit my family. Got itself down to the sand and shaded just a little bit. I'm ok with where it is, but for some reason every time I stop by the old place it's got a few pieces of sand near its mouth. I know the sand isn't blowing around at all, so I have no idea how it's getting there.

I did the majority of the move to my new apartment over the weekend. One trip with the U-haul, and then moved my little freshwater tank this afternoon. Planning on doing the move/upgrade on my fusion either this Saturday or Sunday.. Still need to cut some holes in the stand's back panel and get some new/more sand.. I think that's it.

Here's a picture of my planted Eheim Aquastyle 6 in its new home! I took some shortcuts with moving it.. Don't be like me :P

vsaFYcr.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIce freshwater tank! I was never ever able to keep live plants in freshwater tanks. They'd either turn yellow and die or translucent and die. I'll stick w/ saltwater.

Were they crypts? Crypts melt when you move them. It's so common it's called "crypt melt," but they grow back if you leave them to settle in. :lol:

Planted tanks can be such a pain. I'd always have to fight with blue-green algae with my 20h when I didn't catch the CO2 running. That stuff is terrible, and it has such a smell to it. I've found a nice equilibrium with this tank and hardly do anything to maintain it. Light bioload, lower light with some extra from the window, and plenty of fast growing stem plants. I top it off with r/o every other day, and I only really do water changes to remove tannins from the driftwood when it starts getting too yellow.

So, I didn't remember to take a picture until I got into teardown mode to take a picture, so it's a little crooked and much less than perfect, but here is my Fusion 10's final full tank shot. I'll be starting a build journal for my Fusion 20 soon.

XhODe90.jpg

Guys, I need some opinions bad. The new tank is running, but I just noticed this straight vertical line on the left side of the tank near the corner. It doesn't look deep or like it goes all the way through the glass, but it's worrying my quite a bit and I'm not sure how to proceed. This is the best picture I could get of it. It goes from about 1/2" from the bottom to halfway up, then is somewhat segmented until around 3" from the top. It does feel like a scratch, and i cannot feel it from the inside of the tank
njauUyK.jpg

Thank you. I dunno how I haven't noticed it until now if it's been around. The more I look at it the more I think it's topical. I can't see any depth into the glass with it. Everyone else I've asked has voted scratch, so I'm a little less paranoid now lol.

Because it's more visible? It was barely noticeable until I did notice it honestly. I'm trying the supposedly well known "clear nail polish" trick with it right now

Archived