inTank Media Baskets

JimmehLee's IM 10 Build; Final FTS

Jimmeh Lee

Ahh right on.

Well, no huge updates, still doin the diatom thing, though it's not much. Very light dusting here and there. Of the snails I bought, I like the nerite the best. The astreas barely move around, and the two ceriths haven't moved in a couple days..I've been smell checking them to make sure they're not dead. But that nerite is all over the place, day and night! Got some life popping up, mostly some sea squirts and that sort of stuff. Noticed two of these guys inside of one of my rocks. This is one of them. Brachiopods?

1eAPjT4.jpg

I also pulled the majority of the wiring into the tank's stand, except for the plug to the ato..was too big to pull through the hole in the back. But, now there's only two wires viewable on the side of the set-up. Though, now it's a jungle on the shelf.

Hxgc39F.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

And totally. I was lucky enough to have a radio-shack across the street that's closing down and snagged two of them for $8 each instead of $25.

Just caught up with your thread. Looks great! And pods are always a good sign. You should check in over at the IM 10 fusion club so we can all compare notes.

I.....Have a mantis shrimp. Been hearing clicks hear and there, and I just saw it poking its face out of my bottom/right rock. Wish me luck.

Aaaaw. how cute. But I guess that depends if you want one or not. I love my Gertie, and loved her sis Geneva but Gertie won the sibling rivalry. Long story. Both came in on live rock but luckily when the wet newspaper was unraveled they were sitting right on top of the rock, stoned like, comatose so it was a quick lunge for two 1/2 c. containers and another for the 3rd which was the largest at 1 inch. My Gertie was only .5" when I found my sweetheart.

Another small update..Diatoms are vanishing, and, I've got pods!

Good stuff. Glad you're taking it slow and letting the cycle happen. Any cloudiness in the water?

Aaaaw. how cute. But I guess that depends if you want one or not. I love my Gertie, and loved her sis Geneva but Gertie won the sibling rivalry. Long story. Both came in on live rock but luckily when the wet newspaper was unraveled they were sitting right on top of the rock, stoned like, comatose so it was a quick lunge for two 1/2 c. containers and another for the 3rd which was the largest at 1 inch. My Gertie was only .5" when I found my sweetheart.

Hehe, I'm amazed it survived the whole electric chair incident. I don't want him in this tank lol. I've got a water bottle trap with some brine shrimp in there already. Hopefully he's not as bright as I'm reading and it works.

I'm gonna be bummed if I have to take over half the rocks out to get to the one he's in.

Good stuff. Glad you're taking it slow and letting the cycle happen. Any cloudiness in the water?

Nawh, it never got cloudy or anything. Just a little green algae and lots of detritus in the rock when I bast. I was bad though, when my parameter's read good I went didn't slap my hand and brought home a tailspot blenny and some purigen. Trate's and such are still in the green though, so I guess all's well. Well, except for my new hiker.

Shrimp didn't go for the trap, and switched rocks on me. Found that out after pulling the one he was in last night of course lol. He's peaking out often now, and is itty bitty. Probably an inch.

Yeah, it's at most an inch long. Hard to say, I only saw its body for a second when I got to bail from its tunnel a bit ago. Had my net at the wrong exit though. It was pretty dark. Its eyes are purple like coralline.

Haven't seen the shrimp since, but I hear it in the mornings. No clue which rock it calls home now, and I think it moves between them fairly frequently based on the positions of the clicks. I think this shrimp'll be my white whale.

Aside from that not much going on, but here's a pic of my 6 gallon eheim planted tank. It's doing alright, the dwarf hairgrass is taking its sweet time filling in. Ignore that chunk of cuttlebone there.. For the snails.

geuhYDz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, bad news, and hopefully victory. Also a few images to aid in my storytelling.

So, I bought a commercial trap for the shrimp, it never went near the thing. Every morning I hear it snapping, but I have no idea what rock it's in and when.

Last night I came home and found my Blenny on the carpet, a dried up fish chip. This morning, the incessant snapping begins. Then as I'm up close to the tank before I'm about to leave for work, I see those two purple eyes staring back at me.

I suddenly balded in some fit.

LMjspDm.jpg

Then I noticed the hole he was sticking out of connects to the hole my Blenny normally hung out in. The gears began to turn on what could have happened last night, and I turned into Goku.

goku-s-rage-building-o.gif

The shrimp must have sensed my growing internal rage, and began receding into the rock, but as it was on top of the entire structure, I lunged with no reservations and thrust the rock out of the tank, and into a shallow bucket of pure, saltless water. The rock sits out in the air while I'm at work tonight.

If I got him before he bailed and got into a different rock, he'll get to know what Benny felt.

Apologies to all you shrimp lovers. I am wrathful.

Well that rock sure is smelly now. No shrimp outside of it. I guess I'll find out in the morning if it starts snappin'.

I still don't have concrete physical proof, but the lack of noise from the tank all day is suggesting that just maybe...

untitled-1.gif

Just in time for the rest of my cuc to get here tomorrow.

Archived