Top Shelf Aquatics

our profile names

amphipod

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been my name since I was born.

How's the Falcon running these days? Still making the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs?

When I first got into forum posting, it was in a Japanese phones forum. At the time, many of them had CCD sensors in their rear cameras, which was a big reason I liked them so much. Added in my name at the end just cuz. Keeping it simple I continue using it on most forums. Either that, or Metatron_one, great song by a great rapper.

A boy owned a dog that was uncommonly shaggy. Many people remarked upon its considerable shagginess. When the boy learned that there are contests for shaggy dogs, he entered his dog. The dog won first prize for shagginess in both the local and the regional competitions. The boy entered the dog in ever-larger contests, until finally he entered it in the world championship for shaggy dogs. When the judges had inspected all of the competing dogs, they remarked about the boy's dog: "He's not that shaggy."

Thus my name. The end.

What phone do you have now?

Galaxy s5 Active because I'm tired of trying to protect all these glass and aluminum phones so prevalent now. Japan made some really nice flip phones back in the day. I'm interested in the new Sharp Aquos K announced. New android flip! Check them out. I love the designs of their phones.

lol so true, so many kids at my school have some sort of damage to their phones, kinda stupid how weak i phones are. flip phones offer much greater protection, and either way i have no phone

Been using this or something similar since the C=64 BBS days... Duroc came from the Stephen R. Donaldson White Gold Wielder books, one of the "words of power". Found out later it's also a breed of pig. ;)

I was on another reefing forum before I joined this one. I even had a tank that no one on NR knows about. I used my regular forum username. A few days in I realized I was way over my head and knew nothing about reefing. I didn't get much support on that particular forum. I ended up returning all my equipment and the 50g tank I bought. I lost a couple hundred dollars of live rock and sand. I knew I needed to find a better reefing forum and was also embarrassed by my noob mistakes, so I signed up here with a new username.

I think that day I was reading about the oil refinery process. And I'm Egyptian. So I used ArabTanker. Tanker was in my head because of the oil tankers - but it's more a connection with fish tanks. It just kinda worked out.

I was on another reefing forum before I joined this one. I even had a tank that no one on NR knows about. I used my regular forum username. A few days in I realized I was way over my head and knew nothing about reefing. I didn't get much support on that particular forum. I ended up returning all my equipment and the 50g tank I bought. I lost a couple hundred dollars of live rock and sand. I knew I needed to find a better reefing forum and was also embarrassed by my noob mistakes, so I signed up here with a new username.

I think that day I was reading about the oil refinery process. And I'm Egyptian. So I used ArabTanker. Tanker was in my head because of the oil tankers - but it's more a connection with fish tanks. It just kinda worked out.

LOL, I wondered about your username. That's funny and how many of us haven't been embarrassed by our first fish forum experience? I know I was but I wasn't smart enough to try a different username, ha ha. I was smart enough to find a new nicer forum though. :-)

Please go back to the rock you live under until you have some useful input to add to a conversation.

I think my nickname is self explanatory.

Please keep the trolls out of these threads. This forum cycles through members all the time, its no fun to always look at previous posts of users names from users who may not have been on nano reef since 2010 and probably aren't coming back.

I used to do a lot of Bonzai tree pruning and scaping, hence Pseudo-shrub, - False small tree .
aww cool, what trees do you usually work with?

Archived