Pod Your Reef

the amphipods tanks thread.

amphipod

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scottsdale454ss

. Its not quite a god complex in my scenario, I like to see and marvel at the creatures, also keep them as one would other pets. Though I won't lie sometimes I like to see them fight, solve problems, and occasionally I do experiments. I also many times have dissected my dead pets, one time I had a millipede die and I had an electric sparker from some lighter and I was dissecting him and I put the wires at the base of the legs from the inside and they moved, it was weird.

What other animals have you dissected? what other kind of experiments have you done?

individual i suppose

What other animals have you dissected? what other kind of experiments have you done?individual i suppose

there's been hundreds of pets, litteraly, no joke. I've dissected trout, crickets, grasshoppers, wasps, millipedes, anoles, corydoras, crayfish, rat in school, tadpoles, others I don't remember most every time they are dead before hand I don't usually kill them, they don't go to waste usually.
What times have you killed them so you can dissect them?What pets do you have right now
crickets, wasps, grasshoppers, and earthworms.right now I keep 3 long tailed grass lizards, 4 gekos, 3 green anoles, 7 brown anoles, 3 dwarf African clawed frogs, 3 corydoras, 10 guppies, 6 green treefrogs, one american toad, one box turtle, many Madagascar hissing cockroaches, unidentified cockroaches, terrestrial flatworm, one rosy wolf snail, spiders I refuse to feed to the lizards in my plants pots, a bubble shell slug, many aiptasia, 3-4 gorilla crabs, several unidentified sea snails, fireworm, clam, vermetid snails, blackworm colony, Malaysian trumpet snails, red ramshorn shall, pond snails, wierd freshwater snail, Japanese snails, ostracods, harpactoids, cyclops, amphipods, and a goby. There might be a couple I forgot to mention.

Do you eat your pets when they die?
no, but I've eaten the lizards feeder crickets, not bad, somewhat like walnuts and yellow perch.

Depends, I don't usually kill them unless its to euthanize them, I get a steady supply of dead crickets, and a turtle who willingly cleans up. I will crush head usually, most humane way other than asphyxiation.

Depends, I don't usually kill them unless its to euthanize them, I get a steady supply of dead crickets, and a turtle who willingly cleans up. I will crush head usually, most humane way other than asphyxiation.

dude what....when i worked at LFS they had us just put the no hopers in a net and crackem across the wall real quick, i cant imagine crushing heads...

I just want to be assured they aren't suffering long. So I go very direct. Once though I pit a crochet in a syringe with no needle to see if there could be a more humane way, pressed out most the air then pulled the plunger out, space cricket. He expanded, twitched and was dead in seconds, or so I thought I'd found a better way, minutes later he's running away. I felt few bad for his suffering in the syringe, so I stick with my present method.

End of the cricket was being fed to the turtle.

post-84861-0-28678100-1420810709_thumb.jpg

I just want to be assured they aren't suffering long. So I go very direct. Once though I pit a crochet in a syringe with no needle to see if there could be a more humane way, pressed out most the air then pulled the plunger out, space cricket. He expanded, twitched and was dead in seconds, or so I thought I'd found a better way, minutes later he's running away. I felt few bad for his suffering in the syringe, so I stick with my present method.

End of the cricket was being fed to the turtle.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140722_221529.jpg

bro your too hardcore for me and my avatar is chief keef firing a machine gun

Edit: i totally mean that in a good a way. you may not do things the way i do but i respect them. im just super squeamish when it comes to head related injuries.

That's understandable, its a bad place to be injured, bit it ended up being the most humane, kinda like cutting necks for animals like chickens.

me too!!! Errmagerd.

Damn you Metro! I went from "I wonder if she is hot" to "you creepy old bastard, tame your mind". I know kinda piggish but I'm a guy. And that's how guys tend to think. Even if we won't admit it.

He was alive yesterday, then I looked and there were white fungi strings everywhere, and he is lifeless at the bottom, I am kinda sad, I wanted to see him destroy earthworms.

Archived