Innovative Marine Aquariums

the amphipods tanks thread.

amphipod

I don't think you're ready to handle an axolotl. I don't mean to be unkind or rude, but based on the pics you've provided about your freshwater setup, you clearly aren't experienced or well-equipped enough to handle one. I've kept freshwater fish and inverts for 20 years now, and I still won't keep an axolotl. They're sensitive creatures and need impeccable care as well as pristine water.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least I have my dozens of other pets lol

I don't think you're ready to handle an axolotl. I don't mean to be unkind or rude, but based on the pics you've provided about your freshwater setup, you clearly aren't experienced or well-equipped enough to handle one. I've kept freshwater fish and inverts for 20 years now, and I still won't keep an axolotl. They're sensitive creatures and need impeccable care as well as pristine water.
pristine and water are 2 words that don't apply to my tanks lol if I did not have a jungle of plants in the tanks I would be unable to keep many fish lol

As for care, I can really baby my pets with food, my turtle petricia is only fed by tweezers lol. And I had a sculpin who I always tweezer fed blood worms, and a gourami who actually came to eat from my fingers.

scottsdale454ss

I have an Axolotl now. Ive only had it for a year now, but it seems like the easiest thing in the universe to care for. Doesnt need a heater, doesnt like water flow, Doesnt even really need lights and eats pellets.

I got it as an adult just past the juvy stage. All i do is suck out the poo/uneaten food and water changes with dechlorinated tap water

Ah, I forgot that the majority of you live in a four-season climate. My bad. I come from the tropics - you need a chiller, cool lighting, heavily planted setup etc. to properly keep an axolotl over here. Otherwise they won't even last 6 months under our 34'C temp. :(

Ah, I forgot that the majority of you live in a four-season climate. My bad. I come from the tropics - you need a chiller, cool lighting, heavily planted setup etc. to properly keep an axolotl over here. Otherwise they won't even last 6 months under our 34'C temp. :(
but they are native to mexico

Amphipod lives in a cellar anyway so its usually cool
no, its an extra room, a basement would be fun, except the radon.

Looks like you have a lot of interesting things going on I see you like plants as well

What are you studying to become a doctor, reacher, Marine Biologist your set up already looks like a Lab

Just don't kill to dissect try to find dead stuff :)

Thank you all :)

Awesome. theres so much stuff i'd never remember to take care of all of them lol
it took a while to attain all that, because the time lengt is the only reason I rember them all lol.

Looks like you have a lot of interesting things going on I see you like plants as well What are you studying to become a doctor, reacher, Marine Biologist your set up already looks like a LabJust don't kill to dissect try to find dead stuff :)
I'm going to be a restaurant owner, my bio collection is a hobby.

put that as a personal im sorry for the bs post last night
I forgive you completely :)

I know online its tough to be certain, so skepticism is natural. Also the collection of mine is a little out of the ordinary, but as weird as it is, its actually there.

If you are curious of anything you see in the room, tell me and I will explain.

You are one of the weirdest people I have ever encountered on the internet. And the internet is a cesspool of weird people. Kind of like your tanks :P

Archived