ReefCleaners.org

Jaime's IM Nuvo 10--Gobies and Gorgs

owenj

Ugh, Sharkbait the sandsifting wannabe may end up in this tank if he doesn't stop spitting sand all over my new clam. The red plate is pretty good about either leaving the sand until I come blow it off with a baster or sloughing it off on its own. The yellow plate would try to eat it :rolleyes:, but thankfully it doesn't get hit in its new spot.

Good to know about the GBGs growing quickly. They're going to get lost in here. Can't wait for the eviotas! omgomgomg should be here tomorrow omgomgomg

Well, my leopard wrasse kicks up sand every evening and it gets on the squamosa clam. I hope it won't hurt it! Watch the

goby and see if it doesn't start nipping the clam. I had one neon do that. The other is completely fine with the clam.

I will be sure to check in tomorrow omgomgomg.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my leopard wrasse kicks up sand every evening and it gets on the squamosa clam. I hope it won't hurt it! Watch the

goby and see if it doesn't start nipping the clam. I had one neon do that. The other is completely fine with the clam.

I will be sure to check in tomorrow omgomgomg.

Aww, I thought Rebecca had settled somewhere else and was causing less of a sandstorm :lol: So far Sharkbait isn't actually touching the clam, and he seems to aim the sand at the red plate and the clam equally :rolleyes:. He's equal opportunity.

Horrible pics of one of the GBGs and one of the red neon eviotas. They're tiny! Lengthwise they're probably around 3/4", but as far as substance, the eviotas are like half the size/girth of the GBGs! I need to put the macro lens on before attempting pics again.

GBG%20in%20qt%204-7.jpg

RNE%204-7.jpg

Like I said, awful pics. But, there are 2 GBGs and 3 red neon eviotas. Not sure what I'm going to be able to feed them since they're so small! Time to break out the roe and cyclops.

I was worried about the red brittle star maybe eating someone, but it climbed into the vortech while it was off during feeding time and I just had brittle chunks get spewed over the 10. Off to do a water change :mellow:

Oops, I like "like" for the new gobies before I read about the brittle star :blink:

Mine is getting really big but the fish seem to be smart enough to stay clear.

I've been able to train all my little GBGs to eat little pellets, but they also like brine shrimp. They liked cyclops too but there's always lots of leftover cyclops. I haven't kept eviotas but they might be too small for pellets at first.

Cuties :wub:. I'm definitely gonna need a better picture of the eviota :).

Rebecca was really good for awhile. Now she's making a mess again. Yesterday wasn't so bad though. Actually the past couple of days I haven't had to blow sand off of the brain coral. Thank goodness. It worries me now after the plate and blasto experience. '

Ouch on the brittle.

Oops, I like "like" for the new gobies before I read about the brittle star :blink:

Mine is getting really big but the fish seem to be smart enough to stay clear.

I've been able to train all my little GBGs to eat little pellets, but they also like brine shrimp. They liked cyclops too but there's always lots of leftover cyclops. I haven't kept eviotas but they might be too small for pellets at first.

Cuties :wub:. I'm definitely gonna need a better picture of the eviota :).

Rebecca was really good for awhile. Now she's making a mess again. Yesterday wasn't so bad though. Actually the past couple of days I haven't had to blow sand off of the brain coral. Thank goodness. It worries me now after the plate and blasto experience. '

Ouch on the brittle.

Thanks for the sympathies. RIP brittle star.

I'm debating being rebellious and foregoing a full QT on the gobies because they're so small and feeding them with the clowns is proving a bit difficult. The GBGs are bold feeders and are big enough to take the NLS .5mm pellets. The eviotas not so much on either count.

• 4 months later...

Archived