inTank Media Baskets

Jaime's IM Nuvo 10--Gobies and Gorgs

owenj

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful! Love the Nanobox lighting :wub: I'm so glad the acans are recovering now. Btw, just the other night, my emerald crab very carefully picked all the meat out of my merlettis about an hour after they ate. He was reaching right down their throats to get it out :angry:

I've decided he's going to the LFS to find his Forever Home this weekend :)

I love the light too! The fan noise takes some getting used to since it's all of two feet away from me and I'm used to no noise from the Razor. But it's so sleek! The gooseneck mounts takes up a quarter of the space the Razor Nano did. fingerscrossed on the acans. I'm not sure if I just waylaid the melt or got it for good.

Ugh, mithrax crabs are such stinkers. I would've freaked out if I saw it digging around inside corals :o. Are you going to get a replacement something for your CUC or stick with snails/stars?

Great start! Keep me updated. :)

-Dave

:wub: the light. Now finish my Duo! :lol:

I watched a brittle star reach into my acan and take a shrimp right out of its mouth! Grr! Why can't everyone eat in peace!!

Yea, the "nano" harlequin start I got from KPA (HA, it was ginormous! they sent me a small one and a huge one) that went into this tank got evicted after the first feed and it swarmed the purple blastos. I'd like a single hermit for the tank and the hair algae, but I'm worried about it picking fights with snails and stealing food.

Yea, the "nano" harlequin start I got from KPA (HA, it was ginormous! they sent me a small one and a huge one) that went into this tank got evicted after the first feed and it swarmed the purple blastos. I'd like a single hermit for the tank and the hair algae, but I'm worried about it picking fights with snails and stealing food.

That's my plan for tank #2: Mostly snails and ONE hermit. What I have now is 10 hermits and 4 snails. The hermits are great about swarming new frags and picking off any algae, but I get so mad when they steal food from just about everyone!!

That's my plan for tank #2: Mostly snails and ONE hermit. What I have now is 10 hermits and 4 snails. The hermits are great about swarming new frags and picking off any algae, but I get so mad when they steal food from just about everyone!!

Yea, next time I go by the LFS I might pick up ONE hermit. Worried about it fighting with the snails though <_<

FTS showing the Tide. It's not a great pic between the light from the Tide and the windows above the tank. Love this light though! Up to 135B/65W right now.

FTS202-14-15.jpg

A top down shot. Not great focus and there's glare, but an interesting take I don't normally see.

Top%20down%202-14.jpg

Plate. The pictures lack a bit of punch without Ginger riding on it :lol:

Plate%202-14.jpg

Micromussa. I'm hoping that as the Tide lights get bumped up it'll bring out the reddish coloring on this guy.

Micromussa%202-14.jpg

Mini scoly. Pics are blue because the "cloud" phase kicked in and I didn't feel like waiting :lol:

Mini%20scoly%202-14.jpg

Acans. Still doing well with no sign of the weird melting problem coming back. fingerscrossed They're looking bulbous because they got fed before the photo shoot.

Acans%202-14.jpg

The blasto wellsis. I'm in mad mad :wub: with the blue ones.

Blastomussa%202-14.jpg

Ugh, mithrax crabs are such stinkers. I would've freaked out if I saw it digging around inside corals :o. Are you going to get a replacement something for your CUC or stick with snails/stars?

Love those pictures! The acans are looking great :wub:

I still have my small red mithrax. He nevers bothers anybody - just hangs out in his little hole. Now that the big emerald is gone I'll be keeping an eye on him to see if he gets more aggressive. I've also got two or three microhermits but they're not too bad.

reefernanoman

Yea, next time I go by the LFS I might pick up ONE hermit. Worried about it fighting with the snails though <_<

FTS showing the Tide. It's not a great pic between the light from the Tide and the windows above the tank. Love this light though! Up to 135B/65W right now.

FTS202-14-15.jpg

A top down shot. Not great focus and there's glare, but an interesting take I don't normally see.

Top%20down%202-14.jpg

Plate. The pictures lack a bit of punch without Ginger riding on it :lol:

Plate%202-14.jpg

Micromussa. I'm hoping that as the Tide lights get bumped up it'll bring out the reddish coloring on this guy.

Micromussa%202-14.jpg

Mini scoly. Pics are blue because the "cloud" phase kicked in and I didn't feel like waiting :lol:

Mini%20scoly%202-14.jpg

Acans. Still doing well with no sign of the weird melting problem coming back. fingerscrossed They're looking bulbous because they got fed before the photo shoot.

Acans%202-14.jpg

The blasto wellsis. I'm in mad mad :wub: with the blue ones.

Blastomussa%202-14.jpg

Nice! Oh yes, that mini tide. One day, one day....

Love those pictures! The acans are looking great :wub:

I still have my small red mithrax. He nevers bothers anybody - just hangs out in his little hole. Now that the big emerald is gone I'll be keeping an eye on him to see if he gets more aggressive. I've also got two or three microhermits but they're not too bad.

I think 1sttimereefer has a red mithrax and says it's been a model citizen in her tank. I thought about keeping mine, but since I took the rock out to grab the emerald one I decided not to take chances. Had to drive to the LFS anyway :lol:

Nice! Oh yes, that mini tide. One day, one day....

You won't regret it :D

Well, my red mithrax is still behaving himself, but my biggest "micro" hermit just took over one of my big nerite snails. Circle of life, I guess :(

He went from a cerith shell about 3/4" long to a nerite shell that's about 1 1/2" long!

Well, my red mithrax is still behaving himself, but my biggest "micro" hermit just took over one of my big nerite snails. Circle of life, I guess :(

He went from a cerith shell about 3/4" long to a nerite shell that's about 1 1/2" long!

Ahhh, see, this is why I can't chance it with hermits. I'd be all :furious: :furious: :furious: at the hermit.

No pics, but only slight changes so far in here. The Mogonian is in here now since I couldn't quite find a spot for it in the 20 where the flow wasn't making it bend over. The OMG plate is in here in an attempt to help it recover from something causing tissue recession. It got a dip in Coralrx and seems...so-so. It's not gaping so I'll take that as a good sign. And I had to chuck the red merlettis because there was some weird white fuzz/sponginess growing over them that I didn't want to try and tackle. I love red merlettis though so I'll be replacing them at a later date. Oh, and the duncan branch is back in here.

Two more weeks and Ginger can come back :)

FTS FTS203-1-15.jpg

A few changes and corals inherited from the 20 Fusion came here. I got rid of one small rock on the right side. Lost the red merlettis to a weird slime sponge coating thing that I didn't want to try and treat because it was everywhere on the skeleton. Unfortunately, it looks like the same coating was on the red/green wellsis so I did treat them. Went at it was near-boiling water from a syringe, then scraped as much off as I could. One head has been really pale and shrunken the last few days, similar to what happened to my old red/green mini-colony so I'm really worried whatever it is, it's happening again. At least they came through the hot water treatment alright.

Red-green%20blasto%203-1.jpg

I moved the OMG plate in here in hopes that somehow it would fare better in here. It's color is browning out and it's not as inflated as usual, but the spot it was losing tissue at hasn't gotten bigger. It hasn't gotten better either...but at least it's not spreading. It doesn't take food when offered, but it's not gaping. Not sure what caused this :unsure:

OMG%20plate%203-1.jpg

The red acans had the melting issue come back really badly overnight so I removed them instead of trying to treat it again. One head had gone filmy white and was peeling off :(. Hope my green ones don't "catch" whatever it was.

Back%20rock%203-1.jpg

The Morgonian isn't staying in this spot, but I haven't decided where to put it yet. It's kind of head-ache inducing because it's tall but not very rigid. It bends over in flow pretty easily, and I don't think I have a "high flow" tank (either of them, it kept bending over in the 20 too). I might stick it at the back of the blasto/acan rock.

Morgonian%203-1.jpg

Ginger gets to come back soon :happydance: I want this tank to be a bit of a goby den, so I'm already planning out future inhabitants. Thinking a green-banded and two masked gobies if my LFS will order them in. It's weirdly hard to find GBGs online.

The only place I can find GBGs reliably is liveaquaria.com. But that guy on Ebay sells them 5/$15 when he has them in. You just have to watch for it once the weather warms up. I know I am :)

Sorry about your red acans. The blue ones are beautiful!

The only place I can find GBGs reliably is liveaquaria.com. But that guy on Ebay sells them 5/$15 when he has them in. You just have to watch for it once the weather warms up. I know I am :)

Sorry about your red acans. The blue ones are beautiful!

Yea, Live had GBGs and Masked for a while but now they're not even listed as out of stock <_<. I'll see if my LFS can get them, otherwise I'll probably wait until I find a place where I can get both.

I'm sadface about the red acans. Not sure why I've had such horrible acan luck. The blue squishies are blastos :wub: . Here's hoping they aren't cursed too.

Ginger's triumphant return! :lol: Made it 8 weeks and 1 day in QT. Had to clear it out to make room for my new pair of clowns that'll go in the Nuvo 20.

FTS. Much happier with the Morgonian in the back. Got a freebie Eco-Gorg from Aquascapers. I think it's the hazel one.

FTS%203-7-15.jpg

Green plate is almost big enough to touch the acans. I need to scoot it further forward.

Plate%203-7.jpg

The micromussa showing its feeders

Micromussa%203-7.jpg

New red merlettis! LFS had a few mini-colonies in that all looked awesome. I can never go there and leave with just one thing. Sorry, one's still stuffing its face in the pic :lol:

Red%20merletti%203-7.jpg

And a single head of a dendro. Again with the not leaving the LFS with just one thing. I went there for the clowns :D

Dendro%203-7.jpg

LFS said they'd request a green-banded & two masked gobies for me in their next order. Hope they show up!

Lookin good!!

Thanks Kimber. Forgot to mention in the thread, I got a single hermit for the tank :lol: a tiny blue leg in here and a slightly larger scarlet hermit for the 20g. I've got a lot of stray hair algae in both tanks...fighting the urge to get another. I ordered a bunch of empty shells in hopes that it'll mitigate aggression between the crabs and the snails.

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures? :D

Of course!

Been a little while since I've updated. Sadly, the OMG plate died :( thought it might make it in here since it was sort of in limbo for a while, then the tissue loss sped up all of the sudden. Bit worried since I don't seem to have long-term success with plates. So far the green one in here seems great, but... :unsure:

Also having the weird rapid fade issue with the red & green blastos. Same thing killed my mini-colony in the 20 months ago. I made a last-ditch attempt to save the one remaining head that still has color by cutting it off from the afflicted other two. Blasto skeletons are really fragile compared to other corals I've cut and I'm not sure this one will make it since a chunk of it sort of disintegrated. I put some glue on it to try and hold it together. Guess we'll see :mellow:

FTS!

FTS204-4.jpg

Some newbies on the left rock. Radioactive (dragon eye?) zoas and a reddish/blue acan.

Left%20rock%204-4.jpg

Moved the blue wellsis, again having some trouble with skeleton breaking into bits when I pried the glue off the base of the plug. Not sure the top left head will make it since it was the one that had the skeleton break off, but the other two heads ate today.

Blue%20wellsis%204-4.jpg

Oh yea, the duncans are gone. They got the nasty grey-black sponge on them that had invaded the old red merletti colony so I tossed them instead of trying to fight it again. The duncans were also annoying the gorg as you can see in the pic.

Dendro is tubbo-ing out. I fed the tank a few hours before pics so some of the corals are still looking bulbous.

Dendro%204-4.jpg

Moved the red merlettis up onto the main rock.

Red%20merlettis%204-4.jpg

The one hermit in the tank :lol: and a freebie acan.

Hermit%204-4.jpg

Sandbed shot. Two more new acan frags up front.

Sandbed%204-4.jpg

In a few weeks Ginger will have tankmates! Got two green-banded gobies from the LFS that are in QT right now. They're tiny :o easily 3x smaller than Ginger. And I have 3 red neon eviota gobies coming from Live on Tuesday! Was hoping to have pics today but shipping was delayed due to weather. omgomgomg

In a few weeks Ginger will have tankmates! Got two green-banded gobies from the LFS that are in QT right now. They're tiny :o easily 3x smaller than Ginger. And I have 3 red neon eviota gobies coming from Live on Tuesday! Was hoping to have pics today but shipping was delayed due to weather. omgomgomg

Awesome :happydance:. I'm looking forward to seeing your eviotas too! I thought about getting a pair myself :).

Those darn blastos :(. I've given up on them personally.

That pic of Ginger... :wub:

Yea, Ginger's lucky he's cute because he's been a pest about stealing food from the corals. And it doesn't even fit in his mouth :rolleyes:. I've resorted to placing the cutoff water bottle tops over the purple blastos when they eat.

Awesome :happydance:. I'm looking forward to seeing your eviotas too! I thought about getting a pair myself :).

Those darn blastos :(. I've given up on them personally.

Yea, I won't buy any more blastos unless the ones I have make it 6mo-a year without problems. LPS in general have given me so much more trouble this time around than when I had my first tank.

I can't wait for the little gobies! Hopefully no one gets eaten :scarry: the GBGs are tiny and I imagine the eviotas will be as small or smaller. Ginger could inhale them :lol:

Yea, I won't buy any more blastos unless the ones I have make it 6mo-a year without problems. LPS in general have given me so much more trouble this time around than when I had my first tank.

I can't wait for the little gobies! Hopefully no one gets eaten :scarry: the GBGs are tiny and I imagine the eviotas will be as small or smaller. Ginger could inhale them :lol:

For some reason I have issues with LPS too. Well, most of the issue is being buried with sand by fish :angry:. The GBGs grow

pretty quickly. I've had mine a few months now and I'd say they've already doubled in size. The smaller the better because

that means you'll have them longer :wub:.

Totally can't wait to see what the eviotas look like!!!!

Sorry about the duncans and the plate. But I can't wait to see the new gobies! omgomgomg

Those new acans are pretty too. They're going to be really nice when they start spreading :)

For some reason I have issues with LPS too. Well, most of the issue is being buried with sand by fish :angry:. The GBGs grow

pretty quickly. I've had mine a few months now and I'd say they've already doubled in size. The smaller the better because

that means you'll have them longer :wub:.

Totally can't wait to see what the eviotas look like!!!!

Ugh, Sharkbait the sandsifting wannabe may end up in this tank if he doesn't stop spitting sand all over my new clam. The red plate is pretty good about either leaving the sand until I come blow it off with a baster or sloughing it off on its own. The yellow plate would try to eat it :rolleyes:, but thankfully it doesn't get hit in its new spot.

Good to know about the GBGs growing quickly. They're going to get lost in here. Can't wait for the eviotas! omgomgomg should be here tomorrow omgomgomg

Sorry about the duncans and the plate. But I can't wait to see the new gobies! omgomgomg

Those new acans are pretty too. They're going to be really nice when they start spreading :)

MOAR GOBIES! :lol: I'm really happy with the colors on the new acans (way better in person than the online photos were). Hopefully they aren't afflicted with the crazy wasting disease that I had on most of my other LPS :angry:. So far the green acans are filling out like champs. But...I spy a vermetid snout peeking up from their base :rolleyes:

Archived