Top Shelf Aquatics

WickedReefs Nuvo 10 Build

WickedReef

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may want to verify this but I don't believe the kessil can be dimmed enough to be used as a moon light either. So that would be a extra expense as well. I have the 15pro it's not setup yet but it looks great in the box. :)

Good luck with the tank.

This is totality possible with the Kessil controller :)

So how dim will the Kessil go? Would love to see a photo or short video of the Kessil at its lowest intensity. The photos you have taken are outstanding. I am considering a Kessil for my IM 20 Fusion. I don't care about clouds, lightning, etc. But I hope the Kessil would dim enough to really make colors pop.

The kessil a160 has two adjustments just like the 350w and the a360.
Intensity 0%---->100%
Color 100% white<-------->100% blue

Believe me you can get your corals colors "pop" with these lights and if you like shimmer and shadows from your fish
this light is the one to get. imo

Lighting and clouds are all gimiks, but cool.

I'm have been reading that the Kessil lights turn on/off around 15% intensity. Has that been your observation? Just concerned about them being too bright when they turn on/off. Closest store to me that sells them is about 2 hours away so I have not been able to see how they behave in person. Guess I'll just have to make a road trip to check them out in person. I'm pretty much sold on them anyway.

I'm liking these Misbar markings, I was going to get the extremes but they were not available in small. Got these because they were the smallest available clowns at the time of order from ORA.
12$ each lol
shout out to "Chance of Coral"

clown_c.jpgclown_d.jpg

So how dim will the Kessil go? Would love to see a photo or short video of the Kessil at its lowest intensity. The photos you have taken are outstanding. I am considering a Kessil for my IM 20 Fusion. I don't care about clouds, lightning, etc. But I hope the Kessil would dim enough to really make colors pop.

Is this enough POP?

kessil1.jpg

kessil2.jpg

12hr Kessil Schedule Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAjTRr6xC80

• 2 weeks later...

what is the max intensity you have your light set to..i think im starting to bleach a couple sps frags at 75%

what is the max intensity you have your light set to..i think im starting to bleach a couple sps frags at 75%

I have my kessil on a the kessil spectral controller the highest intensity is 70% that's not during the whole 12 hr light cycle though. It ranges in intensity during the cycle. You may need to acclimate your corals to the light before bringing up the intensity if you haven't already. The light sits about 7 in above the water. Thats the setting for my 10 gal no sps. In my 25 with a couple easy sps (pic above) the highest intensity is 90 (ranges during light cycle) and they do great but they have been acclimated to the light when I had my 350w before getting the 160.

It's funny that you mentioned the Nexus 5, then someone said that the pictures looked great. Most people say that the N5 camera sucks.

Ya, its not the greatest phone cam compared to allot, (but I love the phone, pure android) all these pics and videos on this thread are from the Nexus 5 with manual cam app. They look good imo. People saying the camera sucks hmm....could be operator issues. :)

reefernanoman

Ya, its not the greatest phone cam compared to allot, (but I love the phone, pure android) all these pics and videos on this thread are from the Nexus 5 with manual cam app. They look good imo. People saying the camera sucks hmm....could be operator issues. :)

Yup, you have to know how to USE the camera first. :D

Your pictures look very nice!

Archived