Cultivated Reef

WickedReefs Nuvo 10 Build

WickedReef

Kessils website says the 160w and 350w have a spread of 24" Which I believe is the same as the xr15 pro.

Ive been debating maybe replacing the 350w getting a 160w for my 25 because of the price and controllability. I run my 350w at 60 blue and 45-50 white and that seems to be more than enough for my 25 which is mainly softy's and a couple easy sps. The size of the tank is 21.5 wide x 16"tall x 14.5 Front to back not including rear sump which is 4.5". So I would think the 160w should be fine.

Sweet, Thank you so much for the response.

Both websites for the kessil and radion xr15 state 24 inch spread, I just wanted to see your experience.

I love the shimmer of the kessil and the programability of the radion which comes included.

I know I can buy the kessil controller but at 100 bucks I don't know if it's worth it, also it doesn't include storm mode, or separate colors like the radion does. And 100 dollars just to make it hands free, sunrise/sunset seems steep.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet, Thank you so much for the response.

Both websites for the kessil and radion xr15 state 24 inch spread, I just wanted to see your experience.

I love the shimmer of the kessil and the programability of the radion which comes included.

I know I can buy the kessil controller but at 100 bucks I don't know if it's worth it, also it doesn't include storm mode, or separate colors like the radion does. And 100 dollars just to make it hands free, sunrise/sunset seems steep.

Ya, the xr15 pro looks like an awesome led also, Its a tough decision for sure. I have no experiences with the EcoTech Marine leds so thats prob what steered me towards Kessil, having success with the 350w. The kessil controller lets you also adjust intensity levels during the light cycle. Its not just sunrise/sunset, It also has a acclimation setting for new corals. Lighting strorm would be cool though.....

Ya, the xr15 pro looks like an awesome led also, Its a tough decision for sure. I have no experiences with the EcoTech Marine leds so thats prob what steered me towards Kessil, having success with the 350w. The kessil controller lets you also adjust intensity levels during the light cycle. Its not just sunrise/sunset, It also has a acclimation setting for new corals. Lighting strorm would be cool though.....

Oh yeah it makes sense that the controller can adjust intensity since I can do that with a turn of the knob on top of the unit, I forgot to include that.

Anyways, Thanks for your input I really do appreciate it. I hope the tank build keeps on going well and that you enjoy your IM with the Intank.

Oh yeah it makes sense that the controller can adjust intensity since I can do that with a turn of the knob on top of the unit, I forgot to include that.

Anyways, Thanks for your input I really do appreciate it. I hope the tank build keeps on going well and that you enjoy your IM with the Intank.

Yes, you can adjust intensity on top of the unit which is nice, but the controller lets you custom adjust intensity at different times of the light cycle six different times. I may do an apex on this tank in the future which gives even more controllability.

That's beautiful! Have you glued the rocks in place? It would be too bad if they fell down and you couldn't figure out how to get it back together. Believe me, I speak from experience :)

Looking good! B)

Thanks!!!

I like the rock work!

Thanks!!

Just saw the video - it looks really nice. The color under the Kessil is just great! How's it going now? Starting to cycle?

Thanks!!! Im thinking couple more weeks I will be stocking, I'm liking the Kessil also.

You may want to verify this but I don't believe the kessil can be dimmed enough to be used as a moon light either. So that would be a extra expense as well. I have the 15pro it's not setup yet but it looks great in the box. :)

Good luck with the tank.

You may want to verify this but I don't believe the kessil can be dimmed enough to be used as a moon light either. So that would be a extra expense as well. I have the 15pro it's not setup yet but it looks great in the box. :)

Good luck with the tank.

This is totality possible with the Kessil controller :)

• 2 weeks later...
JerryJavelin91

Is the 10 gal IM nuvo sufficient enough for 2 clowns? They get up too 3'', so just wondering if a pair of clown could live comfortable in only 10 gal. I plan on getting just a pair of clown and cant decide between the nuvo 10 or 20 gal...

Nice tank I have the IM 20gal NUVO and I love it! I like the design of your stand.

Thanks!!!

Is the 10 gal IM nuvo sufficient enough for 2 clowns? They get up too 3'', so just wondering if a pair of clown could live comfortable in only 10 gal. I plan on getting just a pair of clown and cant decide between the nuvo 10 or 20 gal...

I have 2 ORA Small Misbar Ocellaris Clowns coming in tomorrow I will post some pics. Not planning to pack my tank with too many corals,Prob get a bubble tip later when the tank matures.

I now also have 2 kessil a160s, one for each tank on a single Kessil spectral controller running both of my set ups....Love it.

Some of my acans in my 25g, Picture taken with Manual Cam

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.vipek.camera2&hl=en

acans.jpg

Archived