Pod Your Reef

Nidding's drop - gone soft

nidding

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got rid of the last softies that had to go.

For now the weeping willow will be allowed to grow backsome polyps before the last of it goes as well. After that it will be time for some more serious SPS hoarding :)

19288812429_d408ed97a1_o.jpgDSC_4111 by jonas_sandager, on Flickr

Cyano is still on the retreat and I feel like both colours and growth are getting better.

Also the temperature got above 86F the last few days. The tank managed to stay below 81F by some miracle, so I think it's going to pull it through the summer without issues :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's a tiny canister filter - an Eden 501 - with a looong hose with a toothbrush strapped to the end. Very simple, but I can scrape up all the cyano and detritus while it's being sucked out in the same motion. The canister filter is filled with filter floss so the water just goes back into the sump.

Aaaand macros

Blastos

19563657048_9333c0aeba_o.jpgDSC_4225 by jonas_sandager, on Flickr

And my true undata, which was moved into a lower light area and has started to get some better colours

19130793933_6b33d254a0_o.jpgDSC_4226 by jonas_sandager, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

This tank is pretty sweet.

Thanks a lot :-)

Unfortunately I'll have to move the tank later this month, as I will move to a new apartment.

Though I will use the opportunity for some rescaping, I also fear that it will cost me a new cycle. Hopefully most of the livestock will make it :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I like the new scape, I really like how you placed the rocks on the overhang.

Great to hear. I like it too, and think I'll be sticking with it :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

?everything looks so good, have any shots of the sump?

Here you go :)

21738216676_60327c0380_o.jpgDSC_4698 by jonas_sandager, on Flickr

I'm not too proud of this mess. But it works and that's what counts for a sump, I guess

And thanks a lot. I think there's a lot of room for improvement (and for acros). But it's not acting up and spawning cyano like crazy at the moment, so I'm happy with that ;D

Mother of God, this is an amazing build!

Thakns a lot. I'm very happy that you like it :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Let me ask you is this just a standard tank that has a glass shelf inserted to make the drop off? (Believe that's what I read but just wondering)

Exactly. I believe that for a small drop off like this, that is by far the easiest way to build this. For big drops, the wasted space might become an issue. For me it's not really an issue.

Archived