Coral Vue Hydros

Nidding's drop - gone soft

nidding

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Addinali :) Very kind of you.

I don't know either. Maybe because I live in European time, so my posting time is a little odd for you American guys...

Love your macro shots, tank is looking amazing. Have you had any issues with the Angel nipping your corals?

Yep, I have had a few instances where it has been nipping. Mostly not too serious, but I have had to let go of a fungia plate which it went to town on. Other that that it has been a casual nip, here and there.

Yep, I have had a few instances where it has been nipping. Mostly not too serious, but I have had to let go of a fungia plate which it went to town on. Other that that it has been a casual nip, here and there.

Thanks for the info. I have a few fungia's also so may think twice about an Angel. I have heard that the nipping varies wildly between each specimen but it is a risk all the same.

That's my impression as well. Seems like some are going after one type of corals while others another and then others again aren't nipping at all. It's a bit of a chance to take and really comes down to the individual fish, I think.

Even with the nipping I still think it's a very nice fish :)

So the drop has passed the half year mark.

Time for a FTS

17696047643_d4eb5a26df_o.jpgDSC_3354 by jonas_sandager, on Flickr

The tank is a bit of a mess and desperately needs some glass scraping and tidying up. A few big corals might need to go to make room for some nice colour sticks :)

Oh, and I just ordered an automatic doser. Good times!

HarryPotter

Beautiful! For the coraline I would teccomend the Tunze Care Magnet. It includes a coraline scraper that is simply wonderful- takes only one pass and allows one to go right up to (or below!!) the sand

• 2 weeks later...

Got myself a automatic doser today :) So I will probably be switching over to two part instead of kalkwasser pretty soon.

What are the best recipes for two part?

I've just about had it with all the cyano I have in my tank so I am starting to take meassures to bring it down. First I have started feeding less and so am now only feeding the fishes and only with flakes.

The phosphates have been constant at about 0.05-0.075, and I suspect this must have been what is feeding the cyano. I've been running phosban in a reactor and have been ramping it up to 12 tsp, but that haven't seemed to lower it. Also I will start to hit it with a toothbrush so no detritus can really settle. Let the battle begin!

Still have some problems with cyano, so plugged in the UAS once again :)

Also switched over to Triton Elementz for dosing. Looking forward to see how that works out.

Nanofreak79

Kat gave me an idea for cyano issue I was starting to get. Mix a little MB7 and coral snow KZ. Week later no cyano on anything.

Kat gave me an idea for cyano issue I was starting to get. Mix a little MB7 and coral snow KZ. Week later no cyano on anything.

Very good tip!

My cyano is mostly flourishing where I used to have red turf growing, which seems to have been accumulated big amounts of detritus. I've upped my vigilance in rock cleaning, and have now taken measures to avoid a nutrition peak when I disturb the muck, so hopefully that should do the trick. If not I'll keep your tip at hand. Thanks a lot :-)

Archived