Cultivated Reef

DocReef's Fusion 20

DocReef

Any picture updates? I read in another post that you are not too happy with LED'S and are planning to go back to T5's in the future?

Not me???? I am just getting back into it and well MH is where I left the hobby.....LEDs are all new to me.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefernanoman

Not me???? I am just getting back into it and well MH is where I left the hobby.....LEDs are all new to me.

Woops. Sorry my bad. It was meant for DocReef.

reefernanoman

This was meant for DocReef, OP:

Any picture updates? I read in another post that you are not too happy with LED'S and are planning to go back to T5's in the future?

I'll try to post some new pics soon. Work has been busy.

I don't absolutely hate my LEDs, they are fine and work well. Just my growth is kind of pathetic under LEDs compared to my previous experience with T5s. I am highly considering going back to T5 or doing a hybrid fixture.

I don't absolutely hate my LEDs, they are fine and work well. Just my growth is kind of pathetic under LEDs compared to my previous experience with T5s. I am highly considering going back to T5 or doing a hybrid fixture.

I have been looking at the ATI but at 1300......that is one spendy light.....

reefernanoman

Interesting, because there are some people that say the complete opposite when they went from T5's to LED. I'm one of them TBH, but I was using a crappy 6 bulb LED fixture though.

Interesting, because there are some people that say the complete opposite when they went from T5's to LED. I'm one of them TBH, but I was using a crappy 6 bulb LED fixture though.

It might be the types of corals. I got better growth with my Zoas and Chalices under T5s, but my Acans, and Rics seem much happier under LEDs, but still slow growth.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like this tank. Very nice corals. FPG's are definitely more suited for picos though. You should set up a pico for your goby :)

Thanks. Indeed, I think my next tank be a pico for my fpgs.

How loud does the setup get with the skimmer in the back? Would like to know if a similar setup would work for my bedroom.

The skimmer doesn't get too loud imo, and it's aa subtle constant bubbling noise, so it doesn't really bother me. The MP10 however is very loud, and can be heard across the room.

Whats your lighting schedule with the XR15 and do you have the standard lens or the wide angle installed?

I use the wide-angle lens that come installed on the XR15.

My lighting schedule is 12 hours, from 10 am-10 pm with 2 hours of moonlight.

Kelvin starts at 20k and slowly ramps up to 18k then 16k at midday for 3 hours then ramp down back to 18 and 20k. Intensity is at 60% for all points.

I can share my schedule with anyone interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any pics of the Refugium? I just purchased the Magnafuge led and plan on setting it up this weekend so im looking for ideas by the way the tank looks great!!!

Do you have any pics of the Refugium? I just purchased the Magnafuge led and plan on setting it up this weekend so im looking for ideas by the way the tank looks great!!!

Thank you. Here you go.

IMG_20151024_095118.jpg

IMG_20151024_095048.jpgIMG_20151024_095006.jpg

Thx for the Fuge shots!!! I set my fude up this weekend but I only cut out a lil section of the rear

Probably a good idea as I do get some light bleeding out at night. Which compartment did you go with?

Probably a good idea as I do get some light bleeding out at night. Which compartment did you go with?

Rear left corner. I get very lil light bleeding out but not much now im just waiting for the cheato and pods to take off.

Archived