Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DocReef's Fusion 20

DocReef

Tank looks sweet!

Anyway you can post a full tank shot with the light? Looking at the same set up and wondering how it all meshes together.

Thanks!

Thanks so much. Here is a FTS with light. Sorry it's a cell phone pic.

IMG_20150605_151533.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pic!

I see a skimmer...that is what I am trying to avoid. I am one anal person and do not want to see any equipment sticking out of my tank. I really want a IM AIO but that is what scares me.....

I have had tanks in the past with a sump and all is hidden but trying to avoid the sump now.

Good choice! Hopefully it'll come out for you!

Thanks. It's been roaming around the tank so far. I've been able to see it. Awesome little fish.

• 4 weeks later...

what kind of fishie? so pretty!

Yes, than you.

Flaming Prawn Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri) also known as a Spikefin Goby

Justa quick update guys. I've started dosing NoPox for the last two weeks, and so far the results are excellent. I admit I was very skeptical. But so far, colors are improving significantly, algae is starting to slowly die off, including a bubble algae infestation, coral seems happy and full. I'll let you know if the effects are sustained long term, but so far so good. Only drawback is that I've been manually dosing daily which can be a PITA.

Very cool...kinda expensive, heard they are shy, and haven't seen them survive for very long.

Please let us know how it goes!

E

I have been considering getting this fish, how do you like it?

I liked it for the first few days. Now I haven't seen it for almost a week. It just hides all the time. If I were to get another one, I would put it in a pico with very minimal rock. Not sure if worth the high price tag. When it was out and about, it was an amazing looking fish and loved it's personality.

Need to get a shrimp for it and maybe it will come out a little more often. Looks like a nice fish though!

Happy to report I had a Flaming Prawn Goby sighting today. I swore it was dead. This thing is harder to spot than Bigfoot. I guess it's elusive nature is what makes it more interesting in my opinion. Just happy it's still alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to the name, this little guy does not associate with commensal shrimp. Wish that was the case though.

Great article in Coral Magazine

http://coralmagazine-us.com/content/myth-shrouded-spikefin-goby

wow that is a good article. Kind of stinks though as that s what I am after once I get my 20 going. Had a few shrimps and fish over the years and want to get another pair for my tank.

Very cool...kinda expensive, heard they are shy, and haven't seen them survive for very long.

Please let us know how it goes!

E

Most smaller gobies only survive for a few years, most that are bought probably last that long but are never seen. They are usually housed in little pico tanks for this reason.

Need to get a shrimp for it and maybe it will come out a little more often. Looks like a nice fish though!

They don't pair up.

Most smaller gobies only survive for a few years, most that are bought probably last that long but are never seen. They are usually housed in little pico tanks for this reason.

They don't pair up.

Yes after posting I read that one. Kind of odd for such a nice little fish.

reefernanoman

Yes after posting I read that one. Kind of odd for such a nice little fish.

Any picture updates? I read in another post that you are not too happy with LED'S and are planning to go back to T5's in the future?

Archived