Top Shelf Aquatics

Jeremycee 3g Hero

jeremycee

Sk8n Reefer

Reef roids is good stuff for sure. Maybe try spot feeding the zoos. The gorgonian definately grabs its share of foods

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

snapped a quick fts today after a water change with my iPhone. The coloration of corals stays surprisingly more true than with my dlsr. Ill have to find a better way to get a good white balance. Not much new added just hanging out in autopilot mode for the past month. Just water changes and feeding!

17013155457_69efc02d91_c.jpgIMG_2942 by jcrump_88, on Flickr

17033048900_5af93e9286_c.jpgIMG_2944 by jcrump_88, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

Been Awhile since I've updated here. Its been a busy month.

Heres a couple pictures to start!

18470865358_53becbbb29_c.jpgftsjune2015 by Jcrump88, on Flickr

18035923594_cf1e02b377_c.jpgtopshotjun2015 by Jcrump88, on Flickr

I haven't added too much. My friends aquaman montipora is starting to come back. You can see the orange polyps getting alot more full and puffy, just waiting for the skeleton to hopefully blue back up over the course of these next few months.

I managed to keep a few zoa colonies alive after the power outage disaster over the winter.

just keeping up with water changes, trimming up my chaeto when needed, and changing out the chemipure every two months. i have been showing a decrease in alk in between water changes which has me contemplating some type of dosing in the future or maybe even an upgrade to a drilled and sumped pico after i move. :lol:

Wow, it's looking fantastic! Everything is growing and coloring up very well. You'll find as your sps pieces get bigger that your alk and calcium will start to drop a lot faster.

It's the two little fishs nanomag. I think in tank sells them. Works really well for its size !

Wow, it's looking fantastic! Everything is growing and coloring up very well. You'll find as your sps pieces get bigger that your alk and calcium will start to drop a lot faster.

Thanks teeny! I gotta start taking more pictures of the tank. It's cool looking back and seeing how much the corals change/grow!

• 2 weeks later...

Love this tank,stop being busy so we can get some more updates lol.

thanks! I know! I suck at nano-reefing sometimes. I will def get some more photos soon. I have some big news on the way.

oldskoolwayz

Been Awhile since I've updated here. Its been a busy month.

Heres a couple pictures to start!

18470865358_53becbbb29_c.jpgftsjune2015 by Jcrump88, on Flickr

18035923594_cf1e02b377_c.jpgtopshotjun2015 by Jcrump88, on Flickr

I haven't added too much. My friends aquaman montipora is starting to come back. You can see the orange polyps getting alot more full and puffy, just waiting for the skeleton to hopefully blue back up over the course of these next few months.

I managed to keep a few zoa colonies alive after the power outage disaster over the winter.

just keeping up with water changes, trimming up my chaeto when needed, and changing out the chemipure every two months. i have been showing a decrease in alk in between water changes which has me contemplating some type of dosing in the future or maybe even an upgrade to a drilled and sumped pico after i move. :lol:

wow that's really nice!

wow that's really nice!

thanks!

Looks like my rainbow monti is growing its polyps back after my sexy shrimp had his feast!

Well guys no updates on the pico this time around but this has been a little side project for me that i am very excited about.

meet my new 24 x 24 x 12 shallow reef project

19282760025_a6215c4d44_o.jpgIMG_5516-2 by jeremy crump, on Flickr

i still need to finish working on the stand frame and some equipment purchases are needed. I would like to add panels and a door on the side of the stand for sump access.

this is still months away from being anything at the moment and i will continue to keep my pico thread updated. But i wanted to give everyone a sneak peek of whats to come in the future! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a new FTS! How's everything doing?

Keep the updates coming on the new project :)

Absolutely! I have the next couple days off so i will def be taking a new fts soon. I will def have some news once the ball gets rolling on the new project. As of right now, I have some liverock curing in some buckets with sw :D

This tank looks great!! I bet it will look even better in the next FTS :)

thanks for stopping by yoshii , I need to do a nice cleaning/water change first! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to snapping a few pictures

20192572498_d905781924_c.jpgFTSaugust2015 by jeremy crump, on Flickr

The birds nest in the bottom left corner of the tank has recently been fragged so excuse its discoloration.

I have been frustrated lately with finding room for corals to live and have had to constantly re-glue corals to different rocks resulting in a distressed tank. It seems that once i get my hands in the tank things start to go wrong, (i.e. corals getting bumped off of their glued surface, sand storms, etc.)

This makes me even more eager to get the ball rolling on the 30g

Here are some more photos:

19757881544_3c1a672d7e_c.jpgsunkisspalysaugust2015 by jeremy crump, on Flickr

Showing base growth on the digitata and my newest coral purchase $10 acro frag

20192567008_443e3181c0_c.jpgreddigitataaugust2015 by jeremy crump, on Flickr

Heres my little fruity loops colony that has grown about 5 polyps since added for a total of 14 now!

20192565088_b77ddcb53a_c.jpgfruityloopsaugust2015 by jeremy crump, on Flickr

montipora sunset and capricornus crusting away

20192513550_7c6a522d40_c.jpgsunsetmontiaugust2015 by jeremy crump, on Flickr

overall, the past few months i have been keeping up with water changes and replacing media when needed. I have since removed my chaeto to minimize amphipod reproduction since they were getting huge and munching of things i didn't need them to munch on.

Im mostly concerned with my sps, After I had recently swapped out my light i had noticed alot of the bright colors starting to fade to dull and neutral colors. Im now in the process of a major coral acclimation light ramping schedule to hopefully improve the situation. I believe this could also just be a combination of low water flow decreasing nutrient export and possibly swings in alk.

SPS in a pico was a radical idea but although i may not be seeing the color i want I've managed to see growth.

also, hard to see, but check out that star polyp backdrop!

Cheers guys!

Sk8n Reefer

Tanks looking good - and filling up for sure. Ya the sps will react to the light change for sure- once you get it stable for a few months they will bounce back!

Archived