Pod Your Reef

Jeremycee 3g Hero

jeremycee

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I found my old canon powershot and decided to try and snap a few pictures. I need some more practice, but hopefully when the lights kick on tomorrow i can get a nice FTS.

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/jcrump88/media/IMG_0539.jpg.html'>IMG_0539.jpg

Really cool yuma, it has lime ,gold, and orange coloration but i couldn't quite capture it in the photo

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/jcrump88/media/IMG_0538.jpg.html'>IMG_0538.jpg

Mr Sexy man hanging out

I got myself a new DSLR Camera finally :naughtydance: but haven't had time to mess with it too much today. Snapped a quick shot of my newest acro frag i got in a trade. More pictures to come soon!

Nice bro! i cant wait to see what you snap on your new camera. DSLR will truly make a difference over phone pictures.

Hey man- thx for the nomination - really appreciate that

no prob! i was wondering if you would have seen that or not :lol: . Really inspirational tank you have there sir.

Nice bro! i cant wait to see what you snap on your new camera. DSLR will truly make a difference over phone pictures.

Thanks dude really siked ! I have some pictures coming in the next hour ;)

Well, February is almost here. I haven't had much excitement besides my Neon Goby committing suicide omgomgomg . So I'm going to roll corals only, besides my sexy shrimp of course :lol:

I'll start with a fresh FTS shot from today!

16211743118_682060aa1e_c.jpgftsFEB2015.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

Little Sexy Man

16399362205_f41107defc_c.jpgsexyshrimpfeb2015.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

Above the tank shot showing tons of room for my montipora to grow out!

15779329763_33f99f7398_c.jpgtopshotFEB2015.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

16398440042_2f1b798aea_c.jpgsunsetmontiporaFEB2015.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

Got a better shot of that Acro Tenuis Tortuosa

16213126889_472591a0a5_c.jpgTeniusTortuosaFEB2015.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

16398437942_297a4ee2f5_c.jpgacanFEB2015.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

Yes! Congrats on the new camera :)

Thanks Teeny! Ive been taking hundreds of pictures trying to get that natural look :) so fun !

Wow- pictures are looking great! Tanks starting to fill in really nice

+1 for sure, love the zoas

Sorry about the goby though :/ are you replacing it with anything?

reefernanoman

Great progress!

IMG_2346.jpg

Added a mystery acan today. Can anyone ID this thing?

thanks! and you're welcome. A nice camera would be better but iPhone will do for now haha.

I got the same exact one in my 28G NC and I don't know what kind of acan it is either. I'm in the same boat.

+1 for sure, love the zoas

Sorry about the goby though :/ are you replacing it with anything?

Thanks alot, My LFS has a really cool 40g zero edge zoa tank, theres usually a cool variety to choose from. Sometimes i wish i could have em all omgomgomg

As for mr goby (R.I.P) I will probably just ride it out for awhile with only coral. Ive been monitoring my tank to see if maybe the ph was the culprit for his suicide but so far it looks benign. Maybe in the future. Any recommendations on pico fish?

Wow- pictures are looking great! Tanks starting to fill in really nice

Thanks for stopping by! Yup, those montis grow quick haha :)

Great progress!

I got the same exact one in my 28G NC and I don't know what kind of acan it is either. I'm in the same boat.

I guess i'd say they're just blue striped red acans for now ;)

Thanks alot, My LFS has a really cool 40g zero edge zoa tank, theres usually a cool variety to choose from. Sometimes i wish i could have em all omgomgomg

As for mr goby (R.I.P) I will probably just ride it out for awhile with only coral. Ive been monitoring my tank to see if maybe the ph was the culprit for his suicide but so far it looks benign. Maybe in the future. Any recommendations on pico fish?

That's awesome! Zoas are decently priced where I'm at. Usually too pricey for me though :)

And fish kinda just jump for no reason really.. My tank's by my bedside and once I sat up too quickly for my fish's comfort so he jumped ship lol. I'm doing the same with my tank at the moment; going fishless ever since my goby died from unknown reasons. It was a greenbanded goby, by the way, which I highly suggest despite my experience ending not too well.. was an adorable fish though :happy:

Any of the clown gobies are good choices but it looks like you've got SPS? I haven't seen it firsthand but I've heard they perch on and damage acros and the like. I'd also suggest trimma/eviota gobies if you can find a decent price. I think their lifespan is a bit short in our tanks for the $20+ price to be honest.

I'm bummed the neon goby didn't work out for you; those and the greenbanded goby would do best in your setup. They also come in yellow if you don't want it to be exactly like the blue one too :)

That's awesome! Zoas are decently priced where I'm at. Usually too pricey for me though :)

And fish kinda just jump for no reason really.. My tank's by my bedside and once I sat up too quickly for my fish's comfort so he jumped ship lol. I'm doing the same with my tank at the moment; going fishless ever since my goby died from unknown reasons. It was a greenbanded goby, by the way, which I highly suggest despite my experience ending not too well.. was an adorable fish though :happy:

Any of the clown gobies are good choices but it looks like you've got SPS? I haven't seen it firsthand but I've heard they perch on and damage acros and the like. I'd also suggest trimma/eviota gobies if you can find a decent price. I think their lifespan is a bit short in our tanks for the $20+ price to be honest.

I'm bummed the neon goby didn't work out for you; those and the greenbanded goby would do best in your setup. They also come in yellow if you don't want it to be exactly like the blue one too :)

Yeah maybe he just got startled, clown goby would be cool but I def don't need him stressing out my acro haha. The sexy shrimp is already bugging all my corals :-D

I'll prob stick with a no fish tank until ny corals take over :-)

Love those pictures, they are absolutely beautiful :wub:

So what kind of camera did you get? It's working really well.

As far as fish go, one or two green banded gobies would be good. They aren't too shy, don't eat corals, and they're cute. But I'm biased :)

Love those pictures, they are absolutely beautiful :wub:

So what kind of camera did you get? It's working really well.

As far as fish go, one or two green banded gobies would be good. They aren't too shy, don't eat corals, and they're cute. But I'm biased :)

Thanks! It's a canon rebel xs with the stock kit lens 18-55 mm for now but it shoots well! Hardest part is just getting the white balance in post with the raw file to look natural, a lot of blues to get rid of with our mini tides haha!

That could be neat, ur fish are really cool! I haven't seen them around my area at all but maybe I'll see if my buddy can order one. I had a yellow watchman goby in my biocube that paired up with a pistol for awhile but he was even more active before they paired up, not shy at all :-D

Yeah, most of the stores in my area don't carry them either. They're so small they don't really stand out in the LFS environment, since they don't put them in pico tanks :)

Wow- I am more of a dog guy but that shot is great! What a cutie - Your definately jamming with that camera?

Dogs are great too I wish I could have one! I'm gone most of the day so I wouldn't have any time to give them the attention they need. The cats on the other hand appriciate their independence haha. What kind of dog do you have?

I'm having fun with the camera by the way, hah can't put it down now that I dug up the tripod out of the basement

Dogs are great too I wish I could have one! I'm gone most of the day so I wouldn't have any time to give them the attention they need. The cats on the other hand appriciate their independence haha. What kind of dog do you have?

I'm having fun with the camera by the way, hah can't put it down now that I dug up the tripod out of the basement

We have 2 crazy bull terriers- I'll post up some pics . The tripod will be nice ?

couldn't figure out why my lakers weren't opening up all the way for the past week as seen in this picture.

16421602182_772ef319ea_c.jpgpox.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

so i took a closer look at them and noticed they're infected with zoa pox :-(

Last night I did alot of reading and did a dip of 1:4 Peroxide to saltwater for 5 mins. Alot of bubbling happened and some of the pox fell off but all of the polyps are closed and its looking really sad. I'm kinda bummed out thinking that i should have just waited it out and got some furan 2. I panicked. Hopefully they will recover from this. :unsure:

you can still see a few little dots.

16234105478_59fac6df7c_c.jpgsadlakers.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

Also,

now that i haven't had a fish in my tank for awhile the pod population is getting out of control. The pods don't seem to bug any of my corals too bad but I've been seeing a few amphipods zipping around in between some of my zoos and other corals causing them to close up. Anyone know of any solutions to this? I know I'm limited due to my tank size in getting a fish that eats these buggers.

Looks about right. I get zoa pox every once in a while and I do a peroxide dip too. It sometimes takes up to 48 hours for them to open back up. I've done Furan 2 but honestly the peroxide dip seems to be as effective. Either way it seems to come back every few months and I have to dip again.

I've also done peroxide by just removing most of the water so that the zoas are exposed to the air. Then I put a drop or two of peroxide directly in the zoas, wait a minute, and put the water back in. You have to be really careful not to get too much peroxide in the tank since it can be bad for crustaceans but it really helps when you can't easily remove a rock to do a dip.

Archived