Cultivated Reef

Jeremycee 3g Hero

jeremycee

Looks about right. I get zoa pox every once in a while and I do a peroxide dip too. It sometimes takes up to 48 hours for them to open back up. I've done Furan 2 but honestly the peroxide dip seems to be as effective. Either way it seems to come back every few months and I have to dip again.

I've also done peroxide by just removing most of the water so that the zoas are exposed to the air. Then I put a drop or two of peroxide directly in the zoas, wait a minute, and put the water back in. You have to be really careful not to get too much peroxide in the tank since it can be bad for crustaceans but it really helps when you can't easily remove a rock to do a dip.

thats awesome advice ill def keep that in mind down the road. I actually had to razor a little bit of the zoamat off just to get the frag unstuck from the rock it was growing onto. Hopefully i didn't botch these, they were my favorite colony :-/

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah! Trippy how transparent it looks!

yeah! I'm guessing since its pretty much black/white it will stand out alot more in a colorful tank. They're super tiny

Oooooohhhh...get it - I want to see what it looks like in a real tank :)

I'm trying to get my lfs to do an ora order soon ;)

i feel kinda weird about paying all the shipping costs just for this little guy. and i told myself i was done buying corals for a few months haha

Don't worry, it's totally worth paying $50 shipping for a tiny fish that will go in a 3g tank, right? Seriously, I totally get it :)

haha seriously!

Just pray he never jumps out. Don't worry, you'll be nice and numb if you every order a second one like I did with my Green Banded Goby :wacko:

Just pray he never jumps out. Don't worry, you'll be nice and numb if you every order a second one like I did with my Green Banded Goby :wacko:

Def have a removable lid in the works!

Haven't been here in a bit. I changed my rockscape around to free up some more room for the sps to grow. Also glued my star polyps to the back so they can hopefully take over the glass and stay out of everyones way.

Ignore the two slowly dying frags on the sandbed. My tank has become the official hero tank after my friends tank recently crashed.

16389339188_d6edec45b8_c.jpgFEBFTS2015.jpg by ipreferjeremy, on Flickr

nice setup and some vary good pics !

Thanks, Im still trying to get a decent shot with the leds over the tank but i appreciate it nonetheless

Looking good- star polyps are gonna look great back there........."hero tank" - that's awesome- good to have friends in the hobby

thanks man, yeah I'm hoping they take off in that spot.

definitely having a few reef buddies close by in the area helps out a bunch. Especially when my friend decided to remove all of his filter media out of the tank at once. Sucks. He ended up losing alot of really cool stuff thats hard to get around here. Fortunately, It looks like these two are starting to come back slowly but surely. We'll see what happens hah.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! I love the colors in your "Hero Tank". You might have to rename your thread :)

i took the advice haha

starpolyps won't stay attached to the back wall :-(

I just put them behind the gorgonian for now going to try and use some epoxy next. i think its because they are grown onto a glass frag plug and the glass to glass won't bond with the gel any advice?

Sk8n Reefer

i took the advice hahastarpolyps won't stay attached to the back wall :-(

I just put them behind the gorgonian for now going to try and use some epoxy next. i think its because they are grown onto a glass frag plug and the glass to glass won't bond with the gel any advice?

I like the new name for your thread ? hmmm...I would of thought the gel would of bonded

I like the new name for your thread hmmm...I would of thought the gel would of bonded

haha thanks!

yeah me too but i checked around on the internet and it looks like other people have been having same problems trying to glue to glass.

maybe it'll work better after i get some coraline growth back there. Give it something to stick to! ;)

I think you're absolutely correct about bonding to the glass. I can't get anything to stick to the glass bottom in my 4g tank. If you want to stick to the back glass, though, try draining enough water during a water change to expose the glass where you want to glue. Dry both surfaces and try it then. I think that would work better.

• 5 weeks later...

Sps do look happy- good amount of tube worms also- must be feeding regularly ?

I feed every other day with reef roids and once a week i spot feed the acans.

I feel like the gorgonian might be sucking all the nutrients out of the water or something because my zoos were looking alot better before i added that thing.

Archived