Innovative Marine Aquariums

Claire's 12g - Boring but happy

ClaireRenee

Nice!

Im not after anything specific, but I really want to get some critters in my tank. I will never be accused of going to quickly on stocking. I get so worried that I am making a mistake that I do nothing.

I will probably just go and drool into the tanks at the LFS, but hopefully I will pull the trigger on something and have some pics tomorrow.

In other news, my hubby and I are thinking of trading in his old truck for a new chevy tomorrow :haha:

For now, I am going to have a beer and a couple of shots of Jack and hang out with my husband.

What did you get? I ended up with a few treats

There was free beer. Free beer and cheap corals shouldn't be mixed! Did you get the car in the end? I need to get a license soon

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you get? I ended up with a few treats

There was free beer. Free beer and cheap corals shouldn't be mixed! Did you get the car in the end? I need to get a license soon

I just got home from the LFS. I went a little crazy... I got a pair of juvenile clowns and two more R. Floridas. They are acclimating now, I will post pics once everything is out in the tank. I hope everyone acclimates well fingerscrossed

I just got home from the LFS. I went a little crazy... I got a pair of juvenile clowns and two more R. Floridas. They are acclimating now, I will post pics once everything is out in the tank. I hope everyone acclimates well fingerscrossed

Nice- easy to do ? let the games begin? what type of clowns did you get?

Nice- easy to do let the games begin what type of clowns did you get?

So, I wanted really fancy clowns, but I don't want to get hundred plus dollar fish before I even know if I can keep a fish alive. Soooo... I got a darwin and a plain ol' ocellaris clown. They are supper cute and seem totally happy. They are swimming all over the tank and are exploring confidently. Here are pics

15799105255_9fcb26a4be_c.jpgEdit

15797222051_5ab3e8b220_c.jpg

15614264120_fb73cb67fc_c.jpg

15800673092_ca8334ef8e_c.jpg

Oh, and I got two new R. floridas... YAY :wub:

Rics look good! Darwin clown gots some really nice color- both look happy- what are you gonna feed them?

Thanks, LFS suggested Ocean Nutrition Formula One Pellets. I also got a pack of Rod's for some variety. LFS suggested I start with that and introduce other foods in the future. Does that sound like good advice? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, LFS suggested Ocean Nutrition Formula One Pellets. I also got a pack of Rod's for some variety. LFS suggested I start with that and introduce other foods in the future. Does that sound like good advice? Any suggestions are welcome.

Ya that sounds good- it's good to have them also liking flake and pellets so when you go on vacation you can use a auto feeder. The Rod's will be a treat for sure- careful not to over feed or your phosphates will increase and so will algae. I feed twice a day but I also run a phosphate reducer when I need to and keep up on my waterchanges. - a little of the Rod's will go a long way.How fun you got some new pets

The two clowns seem so comfortable! With my FW fish I don't usually feed on day one, but I decided to throw a pellet in and see if the clowns would eat. They did!!! I gave them 3 pellets each and they are happy and looking for more. Hopefully that is a good sign. I have never been so worried about keeping fish alive. These guys have so much personality already. I know that they are very plain, but I am smitten. My poor husband has been ignored all evening... I just can't believe how curious and active these two are.

The two clowns seem so comfortable! With my FW fish I don't usually feed on day one, but I decided to throw a pellet in and see if the clowns would eat. They did!!! I gave them 3 pellets each and they are happy and looking for more. Hopefully that is a good sign. I have never been so worried about keeping fish alive. These guys have so much personality already. I know that they are very plain, but I am smitten. My poor husband has been ignored all evening... I just can't believe how curious and active these two are.

? your poor husband- that's funny- my wife was feeling that but now she is loving the fish, shrimp, and emerald crab- totally sucked her in. ?. Ya the clowns have a great personality- do you have a cover on your tank- a screen?

So, all of the critters are doing well. I am monitoring for ammonia, but so far tank seems to be keeping up.

In other news, we got a new truck today :haha::happydance::haha:

15782735816_2cf6a241ff_c.jpg

15806403805_d285952842_c.jpg

So, I am worried about my little blue ric....

This morning before the lights came on my little blue ric was all closed up, an hour or so later, he had inflated again, so I thought all was good. But now the lights are still on and he has shrunk up about 30%. The other two look normal. Should I be worried? Should I move him? Yikes, I am totally responsible for his well-being and this is making my heart ache.

Here is a photo of him now.

15187944833_3e10581f12_c.jpg

This is a photo of him all puffed up...

15799105255_9fcb26a4be_c.jpg

beautiful rics! i want a blue one!

considered with last hammer purchase

(just a ric--no blues here) but have no space!

i've found shrooms open and close when they

feel like it. i honestly wouldn't worry. if it is closed

ALL the time while lights are on, consider shifting

to a new area.

good luck!

Congrats on the clowns and rics. Everything is looking great! Like Ninja and Cindy said, don't worry about your rics. They do that randomly. Congrats on the new truck too, its a beast!

Congrats on the clowns and rics. Everything is looking great! Like Ninja and Cindy said, don't worry about your rics. They do that randomly. Congrats on the new truck too, its a beast!

Thanks, the ric has decided to puff up again and everyone looks quite happy.

Yes, the truck is a beast! It is huge, but I am happy my hubby has a new toy. His old truck had been in bad shape for a few years and then his truck fund ended up on my finger when he asked me to marry him. So it is about time he get something really cool. Also it is the first new car he has ever owned. I am so happy for him.

Good news after authorizing the purchase of a new truck you're free to hog wild buying frags and all you have to say is "We can go pick them up in your new truck!" BAM! no more boring ;)

Good news after authorizing the purchase of a new truck you're free to hog wild buying frags and all you have to say is "We can go pick them up in your new truck!" BAM! no more boring ;)

LOL I love it! I am seriously going to do that, Thanks!!!

I love that combination of clowns :).

Thanks Gena, I am totally in love with them. I have always wanted a drawin and a picasso, but that was way out of my price or skill range right now.

I managed to get a photo of the three rics and the two clowns... enjoy.

15638884350_7e46154182_c.jpg

Awesome photo! Everything looks happy and healthy... Good job!!

Thank you! I wake up every morning and run to the tank expecting something will be dead. Knock on wood, so far everything is happy and healthy.

I see you also like the 'light and dark' clown combo. Adds visual interest IMO if they are not both the same morph/coloration.

I do... I drool over the really nice Picasso clowns especially the ones that look like puzzle pieces. I absolutely love your clown. But I am such a noob that it would be supper irresponsible of me to get one. That being said, I absolutely love the two I have! They are supper active and seem to be doing well. I am feeding very lightly, but they now come to the top of the tank to feed. I didn't expect them to be such brave little buggers.

I love this tank more each day.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me get this far!

Glad to hear everything is going so well. Time to calm down and just enjoy. Stop worrying so much about something being dead in the AM. You are doing a great job!

Clowns are great "companion" fish. They will get very used to you feeding them. Mine come to the surface in the spot I usually feed them every time they even see me come close to the tank. Have you tried hand feeding them yet? If not, take a mysis and hold it by the tail right under the surface of the water. Your clowns should eat right from your fingers!

Archived