Coral Vue Hydros

Island's Paradise-IM Fusion Micro 30L

Island

Ah, I have been hearing word of a "pro" version for awhile. Any idea what they have improved on it? Wattage of Leds. etc.

They increased the wattage a little bit but the big improvement is that it now has secondary optics which dramatically increase the PAR. At around $500, I don't think it's really worth it though. The regular Current is great for shallow tanks. It can be tough to light a 20 long with just one fixture but this does it well.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, that is quite the leap in price. I chose the setup because it was a good value, low profile light option with lots of features. If I were to upgrade it is hard to go from $150 to $500.

Hmm, that is quite the leap in price. I chose the setup because it was a good value, low profile light option with lots of features. If I were to upgrade it is hard to go from $150 to $500.

Yea, when I upgrade my light, I'm going to go with one of the cheap chinese panels. They can cover a 20L for $89. You don't get the same control but they do have a lot more power. Only real bad part is figuring out how to mount it.

• 2 months later...

Greetings again fellow Nano-reefers! It's been a while, so I just wanted to update my thread....I kind of got bored with this hobby....Not really bored, because I love my tank...but with work and 2 little kids, wife, etc...Cleaning and maintaining even this little 30 gallon tank becomes a chore and something I started not to look forward to every week.....I also inadvertently scratched the tank using the stupid mag float which hides sand granules in its Velcro bowels that I never saw....So I have some nice scratches on my glass that stand out to me like a huge pimple when I stare at my tank, even though they are very small, there are more then a few of them :angry:

But I digress.....So, a few changes...Sadly, I lost my Maxima....I think the Orbit light wasn't enough after all, even though he lasted more then a few months. I did end up getting a very pretty bubble tip that has been doing well for the last few weeks....and staying put! My GHA/turf outbreak/problem has finally been stomped out..and I owe it all to my 4 badazz turbo's I purchased when I got my bubble-tip..Man, these snails can chow! So, here are a few updated pics....I still love my tank...Wish I could enjoy looking forward to maintenance but I hate it! :mellow: Who knows, maybe getting a 100 gallon tank would solve my problems...Less frequent water changes, New tank, so no scratches..and an excuse to go out and spend even more money! haha :rolleyes: Later Nano-reefers!

r9r52h.jpg

2ez1tf7.jpg

2eq9nid.jpg

rm1bsw.jpg

iejxpj.jpg

20uuc7k.jpg

20giasz.jpg

Glad to see you got ahead of the algae :) Love the tank, it's looking great!

Thanks man! Yours still looks great 2 as always!

Thanks :) I lost some corals but I'm bouncing back. What else do you plan to stock next?

Think I'll just wait and see what the RBTA does and how much/fast he grows. 30 gallon IM tank doesn't leave much real estate. I'd like to get the rock to fill in so I can barely see it but I know that will take time/years.....I might get a leather though to fill in the bare rock on the left side...How about you?

Ah that makes sense. And yeah I agree, I already want a larger tank lol. I like the idea of a leather, I think someone was selling a bunch of frags on the forum a few days ago you might want to check out.

I want more SPS =P I was thinking some nice acros, but I'd love to get a few millepora, I just love the way they look.

• 2 months later...

Hello Nano Reef peeps! It's been a while, so I thought I'd give a little update and post some new pics :D

Tanks pretty much is the same. Haven't added anything in a while. With work, family and life, my tank has been put on the back burner, and it's all I can do to do the maintenance and water changes

I really hate maintenance and even on this 30 gallon tank it has become quite a chore. With all that being said, I've been itching to upgrade! :wacko:

I was looking at another AIO tank, but am thinking of going BIG, so I was looking at the Cad Lights Artisan II 150. Seems like a great tank and comes with everything I need and looks like really nice quality items. Anyway, I'll see how it goes and perhaps I'll upgrade this winter or next year. Take care Nano Reefers!

2mhdbtk.jpg

2uibpkp.jpg

oh039l.jpg

szh54h.jpg

2cq097b.jpg

20kcdfl.jpg

Archived