Innovative Marine Aquariums

NanoClown's Mr.Aqua [25]³ | Quick Update!

NanoClown

• 3 months later...

Went on vacation for the weekend, came back to disaster. Came home to see my tank over filled and leaking. Seems like we must've had a power outage and something didnt turn back on correctly. Checked my parameters; nitrates were around 25-30ppm range, pH was lower than usual at 7.6 and Salinity was sitting low at 1.021. I mixed up some fresh saltwater and did a 30% w/c to bring the salt back up over the course of an hour.

My 2 hammers are pissed, looks like one of them is on the verge of losing a head. My acans frags look very mad but haven't shown any loss in flesh. My remaining 2 sps frags completely bleached out. All of my zoas and mushrooms are fine, along with my frogspawn and torch colonies.

Gonna take things super slow until I can figure out what I want to do with my tank. I also have a small bubble algae outbreak that I have been dealing with, and some bryopsis that I thought I killed off months ago magically came back.

Im thinking of going in a new direction with my tank and dedicating it to Softies and LPS only.

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to inform you all that I have been very busy with my personal life this semester. I have been working, coaching, and going to school full-time. I am excited to say that I will be graduating this semester with a B.S. in Kinesiology (minored in Business). I am currently job hunting and preparing applications for graduate school.

Things have finally slowed down over the past couple of weeks and I have been making slight upgrades in equipment here and there. I decided it was time to finally buy an Ecotech Vortech to replace the Jebao RW4 that I was running. I am very pleased to have picked up a new Mp10wes for a great price. For Black Friday sales I also bought a new return pump (Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0) to replace the old ViaAqua pump that I am currently running.

In the time that I have been away mushrooms have taken over the lower quarter of the tank. I always find new blue and red shrooms popping up all over my tank now. My neon green rhodactis mushrooms have been splitting like crazy. My zoa colonies have been steadily multiplying. GSP are starting to take over in a couple of spots, I am thinking about trying to get it to grow on my back wall. My plans for the future of the tank are to stock it with more variety of soft corals. I would love to find some pulsing xenia and blue anthelia to let take over in some areas. I'll definitely try to post some update pics of my aquarium over the weekend!

• Like 3

Photo dump!

IMG_1814.jpg

So I still have this bryopsis problem on this rock. Unfortunately the rock is at the base of my structure and probably weighs a solid 5-7 lbs. Does anyone have any suggestions to spot treat it?

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

The color balance is off because my iphone absolutely HATES my Kessil lol

• Like 4

I got the Syncra Silent 2.0 installed. What a great upgrade from the old ViaAqua pump that I was using. This pump is DEAD silent!

I had some bad luck with my tank the last couple of days. I dropped the power source to my Tunze ATO into my sump on accident during a water change. I am currently shopping around online for a cheap replacement.

It also seems as though something cracked the impeller on my skimmer. I currently took it offline and I am thinking about what I want to do next. I don't really have the money to put into a new skimmer so I might have to shop around for something used online. Funny thing about this is that I was really considering picking up a new skimmer during Black Friday this year -_-

So I was able to order a replacement power supply for my Tunze ATO through Amazon, it should be here tomorrow. I paid extra for 2-day shipping because I leave for Orlando on a business trip Wednesday. In the mean time, I took the old hinges off of my stand because they started to rust and needed to be replaced. I am going to pick up a new pair at Home Depot after I get off of work tonight. I thought it would be cool to share what the inside of my stand currently looks like. The light over my huge ball of cheato is a 23w CFL 2700k. The skimmer is currently back up and running. I found out that the impeller on my old return pump was the same size as the one from my skimmer so I swapped them out, so far it has been working fine. I plan on buying a new skimmer sometime early next year so I hope that this should be fine for the time being.

IMG_1893.jpg

Beauty tank!....what color and intensity are you running that kessil?

Thank you! I appreciate it

I have the blue channel running at around 75% and the white around 60%. I supplemented my tank with my old Current USA Orbit Marine 18-24" LED. I did this in order to have a moonlight, replicate sunrise/sunset, and help eliminate some shadowing from the Kessil being a single point source. I have it placed directly in front of my overflow so that it lights up the backside of my rock work very well.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Very quick update. I still dont have a real camera, Mind you the color balance is terrible since these are iPhone 6 pics lol

I have been busy applying to jobs and interviewing! I graduated back in December and now I am trying to get my life together. I kinda left my tank on the back burner. I haven't added anything new since the last update. I lost my frogspawn to brown jelly about a month ago. I really wish I had more time to keep you guys updated but things have been hectic lately lol anyways hers a couple quick shots.

hehe can you see my newest member of the clan? I only have my clowns, firefish, and the new guy now. :D

IMG_2126.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1

On Thursday I added about 12 pounds of cleaned, fine grade sand that I had leftover from one of my previous tanks. I have been slowly siphoning out all of the coarse grain sand that I had before because I just did not like the look of it and it was becoming a detritus trap. Now I have about a 1.5" deep sand bed of some very nice quality stuff. I did two water changes since then on Friday and Sunday. I haven't noticed a spike in any of my parameters, so I must've done a good job curing the sand :P

I'll try to post an updated picture soon. I'm also looking to add a final pair of fish to my aquarium. I currently have my pair of Ocellaris Clownfish, a Firefish, and a Royal Gramma. I am looking for a fish with some personality that can stand it's own. My Firefish and Royal Gramma have grown to have a mutual respect for one another after initially bumping heads. The new fish will have to be of equal size or bigger. I haven't owned a damsel in a community tank ever, but I really love the color of the Azure and Talbots. Anyone have any thoughts?

• 1 year later...