SaltCritters.com

D3monic's nano fail 28- New Macros Here!

D3monic

a "small" difference in pH is actually quite large, they probably appreciate the higher pH (of course over 8.4-5 isn't good either)

Glad to hear that everything seems to be doing better :)

Just saw the FTS, wow this tank has really turned around, it looks great!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought those same last 2 macros & put them in my tank 1.5 wks ago or so. They're really nice. I did see the fern....AFTER I ordered, the following week.

Here's a pic of mine. Nice to have something true to the picture. I need that red palm now thought.

20160328_180107_zpsbwozdb0r.jpg

20160328_180948_zpszplctvqe.jpg

a "small" difference in pH is actually quite large, they probably appreciate the higher pH (of course over 8.4-5 isn't good either)

Glad to hear that everything seems to be doing better :)

Just saw the FTS, wow this tank has really turned around, it looks great!!

Correction, looks like it was only 8.25 according to my apex logs I was remembering wrong.

post-42621-0-45420500-1459576129_thumb.png

I bought those same last 2 macros & put them in my tank 1.5 wks ago or so. They're really nice. I did see the fern....AFTER I ordered, the following week.

Here's a pic of mine. Nice to have something true to the picture. I need that red palm now thought.

20160328_180107_zpsbwozdb0r.jpg

20160328_180948_zpszplctvqe.jpg

Very nice! Hopefully my turbos don't eat them. I had the green one in my old 75gal. looked really nice but I think my seahare ate it when I transferred it from my nano to the 75.

There's a seller on ebay that lists a ton of macro auctions as "frags" and literally all you get are tiny scraps. I wish I could just filter out that seller.

Correction, looks like it was only 8.25 according to my apex logs I was remembering wrong.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Very nice! Hopefully my turbos don't eat them. I had the green one in my old 75gal. looked really nice but I think my seahare ate it when I transferred it from my nano to the 75.

There's a seller on ebay that lists a ton of macro auctions as "frags" and literally all you get are tiny scraps. I wish I could just filter out that seller.

Yeah, I think I know the one, I ordered the first time and what they gave was really horrible.

I've ordered from this guy http://www.ebay.com/usr/macrowurks?_trksid=p2047675.l2559and was happy with the portions and prices.

Thanks. I'll have to paste the link to my desk top so I don't forget.

Snapped a couple updated pics before I left for work today. Going to pick up a heater Monday see if I can keep the tank a few degrees warmer than its been averaging. Like to see it closer to 78 instead the lower 70s.

5dLi0cd.jpg

Stinky down in his new little hidey hole, decided to pair up with the blood shrimp jacques out of the blue.

J2mpg9D.jpg

LwYKdjR.jpg

Monti getting some color back to it though still not as vibrant as a superman monti should be

MKalD0C.jpg

Attention whore

UBgTo1M.jpg

8YcBPL7.jpg

sjNtWfO.jpg

New macros came in today. I didn't have much time to arrange their placement before leaving for work so may still move them around some.

DVs35At.jpg

Not the best cell pics I know, tank all cloudy from kicking around sand and having the pumps off.

aoY5rCr.jpg

As long as the turbo snails leave the branching macro alone I think that's a good spot for it up there. May still move the green fuzzy one around.

v5Uuopo.jpg

Palm macro isn't as nice as I pictured, kind of just sprawls this way and that. Maybe once it's been growing for a bit. Red grape looks really nice, I glued it to a plug and stuffed it in the sand. Will trim back some the caulerpa and make a better spot for it later.

lwpudbA.jpg

Piece of blue scroll came with a small stomatella and half a brittle star, score! Rubber band wasn't working out so I tried super gluing it to the rock. Hopefully it holds.

oCpUuB0.jpg

Next paycheck i'm going to look into ordering some more gorgonians. Looks like live-plants has a few in stock. Is there any other good places to order them from on the cheap?

I love the green fern though mine shrank a little. I don't know if one of the snails is getting it. Not as many long leaves on it. It lost some density. I love how green it is. I also bought the red branching macro.

I love the green fern though mine shrank a little. I don't know if one of the snails is getting it. Not as many long leaves on it. It lost some density. I love how green it is. I also bought the red branching macro.

Hopefully it lasts a while. I seem to remember snails eating mine away last time I had some. that and codium are like filet mingon to snails.

The red branching isn't as thick branched as it looked in the pictures on ebay but it's still really nice. I like the shape and my wrasse kept swimming circles around it.... dummy kept trying to get to the super glue too. going to learn the hard way it's not tasty...

Thanks, I wish I had better Live rock local to work with, not really what i had envisioned at the time. My next tank I set up I'm going to order from the same place flower mama did. Some really nice looking rock.

Thanks, I wish I had better Live rock local to work with, not really what i had envisioned at the time. My next tank I set up I'm going to order from the same place flower mama did. Some really nice looking rock.

I got a bunch sitting around too,just fyi. Stella has a bunch of it,as does my tank. A fair bit of base that's pretty decent and some other more up top pieces

I keep talking about finishing the rest the basement and doing a nice in wall tank. Kind of fell aside when I lost my job at BP. all I got finished was the grow rooms. Other half the basement still waiting for walls. Hopefully I get this job at either the refinery or buckeye pipeline. Refinery be around $39hr and buckeye ~ $34 but won't be stuck on shift work and get a truck.

I am waiting to hear back from refinery. already interviewed and was supposed to find out if I made the candidate pool this week but haven't heard anything yet.

I go to my second interview with buckeye tomorrow at 7am after I get off this 12 hour night shift.

If I do an in wall tank I will probably do several . Thinking a nice reef, fw planted and maybe a display fuge. Might have to wait another year for all that though.

I keep talking about finishing the rest the basement and doing a nice in wall tank. Kind of fell aside when I lost my job at BP. all I got finished was the grow rooms. Other half the basement still waiting for walls. Hopefully I get this job at either the refinery or buckeye pipeline. Refinery be around $39hr and buckeye ~ $34 but won't be stuck on shift work and get a truck.

I am waiting to hear back from refinery. already interviewed and was supposed to find out if I made the candidate pool this week but haven't heard anything yet.

I go to my second interview with buckeye tomorrow at 7am after I get off this 12 hour night shift.

If I do an in wall tank I will probably do several . Thinking a nice reef, fw planted and maybe a display fuge. Might have to wait another year for all that though.

Well I'm glad things are on the up and up for you man,and congrats on the new job prospects!

The wall tanks definitely sound awesome,I like the idea alot,nice and clean.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Wow, I can't even imagine 34-39$ an hr, good luck!!!! I love the nem at the top of the tank. Nice pop of color.

Wow, I can't even imagine 34-39$ an hr, good luck!!!! I love the nem at the top of the tank. Nice pop of color.

Thanks, I wish I got to keep it all. 68% of it goes to child support though i'm working on getting that lowered to the 48% it's supposed to be. That and I owe the IRS 13k from when I took my 401k early after I left BP.

I'm glad the nem is getting it's color back. It had bleached pretty good after adding it to my tank. nothing likes the stock lights on these jbj led tanks. They really didn't put much thought into it.

Next paycheck i'm going to look into ordering some more gorgonians. Looks like live-plants has a few in stock. Is there any other good places to order them from on the cheap?

Nice new macros!

KP Aquatics has nice gorgs and other cool stuff

Nice new macros!

KP Aquatics has nice gorgs and other cool stuff

Nice, they do have a cool selection. First i've seen them.

I don't remember the type of gorg this was but would love another one for this tank

IMG_2286.jpg

My old 75gal

IMG_2305.jpg

Lots of people on NR have had good experiences with them. Felicia got most of her gorgs from KPA.

Is that gorg flat? Like a yellow version of the Purple Ribbon? If so, it's a somewhat common gorg, which might even be one of the species Eco-Gorgs/Aquascapers pumps out

Lots of people on NR have had good experiences with them. Felicia got most of her gorgs from KPA.

Is that gorg flat? Like a yellow version of the Purple Ribbon? If so, it's a somewhat common gorg, which might even be one of the species Eco-Gorgs/Aquascapers pumps out

I want to say it's yellow sea whip. Though it looks much denser and nicer than google images is producing. Ugh, i'll dig through my 2010 paypal purchases and see if I can find where I ordered those from. Edit: or not, won't let me go back that far.

bam, finally found it, bought it off ebay from a place called island marine life and only payed $12 for it. was a yellow sea whip. also bought a purple plum and red ball sponge off them. .. now to see if they still have a ebay store.

Didn't get the job at buckeye. Manager I interviewed with was a complete dick. Pretty glad I didn't end up working under him.

Good it turned out that way. It's too hard to work with people like that, when you can't respect 'em enough.

Archived