Top Shelf Aquatics

Can it make your water, WETTER? Chemi Pure-Blue

inTank

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my copy of Coral magazine today and saw an ad for Chemi-Pure Blue Nano. One package will have 5 little bags, each bag appropriate for 5g of water. When will these goodies be released for sale? My Nuvo8 wants its water to be WETTER!

Got my copy of Coral magazine today and saw an ad for Chemi-Pure Blue Nano. One package will have 5 little bags, each bag appropriate for 5g of water. When will these goodies be released for sale? My Nuvo8 wants its water to be WETTER!

I was given a sneak peak sample at MACNA the hope is early in 2015. They are perfect for the smaller media baskets! Wet water comes in a perfect size.

We will have the first batch.

Isn't elite enough for small tanks? Quite frankly I don't understand the product

Basically it's chemi pure elite and purigen together.

• 1 month later...

The white stuff in the bottom of the bag looks identical to purigen

CPB is a super media!!!!!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Besides making your water wetter, it reduces organic compounds and phosphates while raising redox and helping stabilize pH for a healthy, crystal clear aquarium. You may experience a cure for cancer.

If I'm using CPB in bottom (tied to middle shelf), what should I use in the middle shelf? Or more like what CAN I use? Any suggestions?

My water looks great with the CPB!

What would happen if you did? Total Protonic Reversal?

Something like that, or the tank may explode. I discussed a little about it here, but basically Boyd told me at a trade show not to use Blue and purigen together. Basically blue already have purigen like elements in it. I don't exactly recall the scientific data they were talking about, it was a litle over my head plus it was at a trade show so my brain is pretty much mush after talking to a few hundred people about how to make their water wet.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/353389-purigen-vs-chemipure-elite-vs-chemipure-blue/

Something like that, or the tank may explode. I discussed a little about it here, but basically Boyd told me at a trade show not to use Blue and purigen together. Basically blue already have purigen like elements in it. I don't exactly recall the scientific data they were talking about, it was a litle over my head plus it was at a trade show so my brain is pretty much mush after talking to a few hundred people about how to make their water wet.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/353389-purigen-vs-chemipure-elite-vs-chemipure-blue/

I actually contacted Boyd - reasoning is you don't need the purigen. It won't hurt the tank, but no need for CPB and Purigen together since the CPB functions sort of like an all in one. Any thoughts on what I can/should put in the middle shelf if I'm using CPB?

I actually contacted Boyd - reasoning is you don't need the purigen. It won't hurt the tank, but no need for CPB and Purigen together since the CPB functions sort of like an all in one. Any thoughts on what I can/should put in the middle shelf if I'm using CPB?

I'm thinking about moving the floss to the second shelf and trying the new Zeo-Vit automatic elements on the top shelf. I've been wanting to try zeo-vit for a while and this seems simple enough.......

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Salt-Water-Aquarium-Care/Elements/Automatic-Elements-Pohl-s-B-Balance-Concentrate.html

I'm thinking about moving the floss to the second shelf and trying the new Zeo-Vit automatic elements on the top shelf. I've been wanting to try zeo-vit for a while and this seems simple enough.......

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Salt-Water-Aquarium-Care/Elements/Automatic-Elements-Pohl-s-B-Balance-Concentrate.html

Wow, that's interesting! I'm new to this, so I don't have any reference point, but I can say that my water looks great and my parameters, including Ph have been solidly steady. I think the CPB does a good job.

Wow, that's interesting! I'm new to this, so I don't have any reference point, but I can say that my water looks great and my parameters, including Ph have been solidly steady. I think the CPB does a good job.

You're right, the CPB does an outstanding job. There are those that say Rox carbon and GFO will do the same and is cheaper to use, but I like the simplicity of taking out an old bag and replacing it with a new one. No fuss, no muss....

If you run CPB and filter floss, you really don't need anything else. The middle rack could just stay empty. You could move your CPB into themiddle rack and have the lower shelf be empty. You could put some chaeto in the rack and attach a fuge light to the back to grow it.

If you run CPB and filter floss, you really don't need anything else. The middle rack could just stay empty. You could move your CPB into themiddle rack and have the lower shelf be empty. You could put some chaeto in the rack and attach a fuge light to the back to grow it.

This is what I'm doing with mine. Filter floss, CPB, Chaeto, filter floss. Water is crystal clear.

I like this idea too...

This is what I'm doing with mine. Filter floss, CPB, Chaeto, filter floss. Water is crystal clear.

The chaeto isn't really going to do much in such a small space, but it can't hurt either.

Thanks Tibbsy07!!!

Thanks Tibbsy07!!!

From a purely cost to benefit ratio, I'd skip the chaeto. You'd need a decent grow light and the chaeto itself. The small amount of chaeto you could grow in the rack wouldn't really be effective for nutrient export. You'll end up spending more money on the chaeto, the light, the replacement bulbs, and the energy cost and you won't get anything out of it.

From a purely cost to benefit ratio, I'd skip the chaeto. You'd need a decent grow light and the chaeto itself. The small amount of chaeto you could grow in the rack wouldn't really be effective for nutrient export. You'll end up spending more money on the chaeto, the light, the replacement bulbs, and the energy cost and you won't get anything out of it.

I actually have Chaeto in the InTank fuge basket next to the media basket. I'm thinking of just filling the second shelf with floss - or just moving the CPB up and keeping the bottom empty as you mentioned.

I actually have Chaeto in the InTank fuge basket next to the media basket. I'm thinking of just filling the second shelf with floss - or just moving the CPB up and keeping the bottom empty as you mentioned.

Do you have floss already? If not, remove the chaeto and use floss - it'll do more for your water quality than chaeto will in such small amounts. If you have floss, don't add anymore. Just leave it. keep the chaeto if you want, just know it won't do much

Do you have floss already? If not, remove the chaeto and use floss - it'll do more for your water quality than chaeto will in such small amounts. If you have floss, don't add anymore. Just leave it. keep the chaeto if you want, just know it won't do much

I do have floss already - top of the media basket. Good tips and appreciate the help!

The chaeto isn't really going to do much in such a small space, but it can't hurt either.

I'm thinking the chaeto would give pods something to breed and survive in....

Archived