Cultivated Reef

Ahanix's Radion Fusion 30

Ahanix

I'm glad I found your thread. Nice setup. Sorry to hear about the flame angel. I wonder what happened? Anyway, I'm am setting up a Fusion 30l to replace my Nuvo 16. I have an AI Vega now over the 16 but I'm not sure how the coverage will be on the 30. Do you like the Radion with the TIR lenses? How's the coverage on the ends of the tank? Thanks!

Honestly today is the first day I have actually used the wide angle lenses. I bought them as more of an experiment - Previous to this (over the last 7 months I have been running the radion somewhere around 14-18" above the tank at 35%, this gave enough coverage for the entire tank and everything has grown perfect in that time. Since the RMS looked cleaner than the AI mounting monstrosity that I had, I picked it up and threw the wide angle lenses on and I think it looks perfect. There's no question at all for the radion covering 36" coupled with the height over the RMS (about 12") and no shadowing at the ends

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahanix, in post #43 you showed the skim mate that your ghost skimmer was pulling. Has this changed at all or is that pretty much what you get? Thats exactly what mine is pulling and I felt like it wasn't working right because i've seen other skimmers pulling much darker skim mate. Thanks SO much in advance...

Figured I would update the thread and show how under my stand is set up, and the tanks progress.

I also hooked up my Vortech MP10 QuietDrive, so far so good!

Ahanix, in post #43 you showed the skim mate that your ghost skimmer was pulling. Has this changed at all or is that pretty much what you get? Thats exactly what mine is pulling and I felt like it wasn't working right because i've seen other skimmers pulling much darker skim mate. Thanks SO much in advance...

Hey there, the skimmate definitely got darker, but I've had a hard time getting a balance between noise and how much it is pulling. I'll get a photo and get it on here as soon as I can.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tank looks great, you still running the Radion? What's your schedule look like, would you mind exporting it and uploading it?

Sorry man, just saw this - Definitely still running the Radion on 35% Radiant Color mode from 11am-9pm. Going to change things up a bit and see if I can't start pushing the light to 40 to give my SPS a bit more light.

I'll get my chart up as soon as I can

• 3 months later...

Archived