Pod Your Reef

Ahanix's Radion Fusion 30

Ahanix

Spiderguardnano

Yeah, I am definitely sold on Titanium heaters now. The ViaAqua was the only one I was able to find in such a rush but it has pretty good reviews, I will definitely be purchasing an Apex after my tuition reimbursement hits my account. Nice little reward for pushing high grades this semester :D

what new heater did you go with?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, lots of updates! Sorry I haven't updated in the last little bit - about to sell my house (closing at the end of the month) and had to get my new place ready to go. Going to be rough on the tank since I'll move out of here, to a temporary place for a week and then to my new place, hoping everything will be good.

Anyways, enough of that, here's whats new.

Sold my Hydra 52 and swapped it out for a Radion G3 Pro. I was extremely happy with my Hydra, just wanted to try the reeflink out for comparison.

I had to redo my bracket for my light, I still need to paint it, but I think it looks a lot cleaner than the bent aluminum.

7Xkr7tJl.jpg

KCq7W9Xl.jpg

a8m6rwKl.jpg

I also got a Cadlights PLS-50 and IM Midsize Reactor, thinking about switching out to the ghost skimmer, but I'll wait for reviews.

Here's a new FTS along with a shot of one of my new frags.

764Q0Eil.jpg

y8wbBUcl.jpg

5/12/14

I took apart the light hanger and painted it today, looks much better and I'm super happy with it now.

H76ugbAl.jpg

JrDIkzGl.jpg

UkhNbnkl.jpg

Finally got around to taking some more photos, will have to spend more time perfecting it, but just to give you an idea of what's in the tank right now.

0Hd5ymPl.jpg

gPiYrekl.jpg

5DCWWfLl.jpg

JEIyLvel.jpg

6PwFiUMl.jpg

SJJnUZql.jpg

6041bJRl.jpg

3wYlRkul.jpg

9YXAAknl.jpg

uwKSPM7l.jpg

07z0MrVl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly I probably would say the Radion would be the better choice. I've got the tank to about 30-35% without bleaching everything and all my stuff looks as happy as it can be (in the middle of moving so the tank is barebottom right now and I will have to move and upset everything again this weekend. .

Steensj2004

Honestly I probably would say the Radion would be the better choice. I've got the tank to about 30-35% without bleaching everything and all my stuff looks as happy as it can be (in the middle of moving so the tank is barebottom right now and I will have to move and upset everything again this weekend. .

Gotta love EcoTech Products, they are in a league of their own. Tank is looking amazing! Any plan on grabbing a Ghost Skimmer? I am loving mine nowadays.

r33fswagg3r

Tank is looking awesome Ahanix! I have the PLS-50 in mine and the thing just works period, I get a good collection cup full every week. I've heard that the Ghost Skimmer is loud.

Tank has finally been moved, and I am out of town again.

I did purchase the Ghost Skimmer last week and all I can say is that I am extremely impressed. Honestly I think the people with the sound complaints received bad skimmers or something, because the Ghost is quieter than my PLS-50 was even after it was broken in.

Probably the biggest thing for me is I don't have it sticking 7" out of the tank.

Here's a crappy FTS, I will have to take better shots when I am back this weekend.

jdr5CYcl.jpg

How about the skimmate? A good amount?

I only had it hooked up for a day before I had to go out of town for work. The morning after it was set up it had already started fractioning enough to where it was creating some skimmate, wasn't super dark yet but there weren't any microbubbles and I could tell it probably will do a great job of skimming. Excited to come home and check it out. I'll post pics on Saturday

• 4 weeks later...

Picture overload, been neglecting this thread for a while with moving and traveling. Thankfully I have

an awesome wife who likes taking care of the tank and kept everything going for the last few weeks.

Anyways, here it is. I don't know what half of these zoa's are, and wouldn't mind help with some ID's

Innovative skimmer is great, quiet, no micro bubbles and is pulling an awesome amount of skimmate.

dlmxE6Ml.jpg

J503ioXl.jpg

C5Irlahl.jpg

AA3qgO1l.jpg

4Nh2mrbl.jpg

7Xuewspl.jpg

FTBMoBnl.jpg

hrUtnPal.jpg

T2ZS3zml.jpg

UGLge29l.jpg

7ulcXZCl.jpg

U7eW2kol.jpg

KRebogAl.jpg

Evpb8RZl.jpg

Zr5aNU3l.jpg

BELWQ4zl.jpg

7H3RDHml.jpg

QL70cqml.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
danschargers21

How the hell did you get that thing to not produce micro bubbles? No matter what I did I could not get it to stop making them so I switched skimmers to the cadlights

• 2 weeks later...

How the hell did you get that thing to not produce micro bubbles? No matter what I did I could not get it to stop making them so I switched skimmers to the cadlights

Sorry man, I just saw this post - I'm not sure why I missed it.

Honestly I never had microbubbles from the day I put it in my tank. I will say I did make sure the skimmer intake section was facing towards the overflow compartment so it had as much water to suck in as possible and I have the air intake turned up as high as it will go. Skimmer is still quiet, and pulling some pretty good nog. This was after a week(ish) of skimming, the actual neck and lid were pretty disgusting and dark.

PB48nVpl.jpg

Well, I am at a crossroads now. I saved up a bit of money towards my tank and it's been burning a hole in my pocket. - Need some feedback

Option 1

Apex (Full System with PH Probe) not the Gold Package

Option 2

Apex JR and Vortech Battery Backup

Option 3

Additional MP10ES-W and Vortech Battery Backup

Option 4

Buy a bunch of Coral and maybe another fish

Only intent of buying an APEX is because I am going on vacation in the next couple of months, would be nice to have more peace of mind - coupled with the AFS to feed my fish and have my buddy check on my tank every few days instead of every day.

Option 1

I went so many years thinking that controllers was a waste of money. Until 3 months ago when I bought the apex I was blown away. I don't see how I can go on with this hobby without having one. Now that the fusion rolled out I check my phone about 10 times a day just to see how the tabk is doing.

Plus your going to be away having a controller is a must in my eyes

lilmatty5dimes

I'll have to agree with that option 1 one all the way. i loved my apex and wish i never sold it now. you'll get some comfort being able to see how its going and if anything were to go wrong you'll be able to turn off any device you plug into the apex.

StrainedSky

I replied to your other topic but if you have the extra coin go with option 1, if not option 2 sounds like it would be a great fit for you. But once you start getting hooked with the Apex you'll want the full. Another option is to find a used Apex lite, they seem to sell around $325 on RC all the time.

• 4 months later...

Haven't posted in quite some time. Tank is still doing great, lost the angel a while ago but replaced it with a Leopard Wrasse which has been fat and happy the last four months... Eats anything and everything from pellets to whatever frozen garbage I throw in the tank.

I installed the RMS and Wide Angle Lenses last night, huge difference and I think it looks great.

fb1DaG2l.jpg

I'm glad I found your thread. Nice setup. Sorry to hear about the flame angel. I wonder what happened?

Anyway, I'm am setting up a Fusion 30l to replace my Nuvo 16. I have an AI Vega now over the 16 but I'm not sure how the coverage will be on the 30. Do you like the Radion with the TIR lenses? How's the coverage on the ends of the tank?

Thanks!

Archived