Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Le 45gal build! *Refugium pics pg10!*

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos

Unfortunately I don't have much experience on SPS, so I can't offer any guidance/info on this one. Sorry. :(

But maybe just do a quick parameter check - especially Alk, Ca and Mg levels to make sure everything is okay?

Check them every 2 weeks. Last I check was on saturday. Everything is spot on. All I cab think of is my lights.

I am seriously considering T5s

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel<3Nanos

Seriously consider halides.

Lol I wish! But I cannot do with the electric bill and the heat it will bring to my tank.

I think I just found the best settings for my hydra. Got them from another hydra onwer whose sps look amazing.

Now ti make sure they work.

• 4 weeks later...
JavaJacketOC

This is a really interesting tank size...it has both cube and shallow reef appeal. I don't think I've seen one in person. Where did you find it?

Angel<3Nanos

This is a really interesting tank size...it has both cube and shallow reef appeal. I don't think I've seen one in person. Where did you find it?

Thx. Its really cool. I found it on Craigslist. Lol unfortunately its going to be shut down. :(

JavaJacketOC

Thx. Its really cool. I found it on Craigslist. Lol unfortunately its going to be shut down. :(

Oh that sucks...why are you taking it down?

Angel<3Nanos

Oh that sucks...why are you taking it down?

Having a second baby and some family problems. Im going to miss this tank.

But im setting up a pico. A 5.4gal for my best zoas :)

JavaJacketOC

Having a second baby and some family problems. Im going to miss this tank.

But im setting up a pico. A 5.4gal for my best zoas :)

Ahh, makes sense. Looking forward to your build thread for the 5g

• 2 weeks later...
Angel<3Nanos

Update!!!!!

Finally I was able to resolve my family problems and family and friends were able to convince me to keep my 45g. No more takind this baby down.

Also, my dream of having a T5/LED fixture has been fulfilled!

Picked up this from a friend, its a t5/MH/DIY LED strips 15064017405_7e81b2039a_b.jpg

Not keeping the Halide and led strips.

15064019105_a98c349042_b.jpg

Taking it apart.

14877474897_707189e5e7_b.jpg

15041030336_676c258785_b.jpg

Out with the halide and Strips!

14877478597_1b9c18a955_b.jpg

Hydra in and done! Looks a bit ghetto but it works and looks wonderful. Just gotta add new bulbs and we are good.

14877386410_c3bbc97ec4_b.jpg

Hydra in and done! Looks a bit ghetto but it works and looks wonderful. Just gotta add new bulbs and we are good.

14877386410_c3bbc97ec4_b.jpg

...That looks so damn clean. Excellent example of a good retro job.

Oh sweet baby Jesus you did an amazing job on the retro man,wow :o !!! I wanna see pictures with it over the tank ASAP ;):D. This tank is badass brother,I'm glad you figured out everything you had to to keep the tank going !!!

Angel<3Nanos

...That looks so damn clean. Excellent example of a good retro job.

Thank you! :) I'm getting the new bulbs today so ill post pics of the hydra with new bulbs :)

Oh sweet baby Jesus you did an amazing job on the retro man,wow :o !!! I wanna see pictures with it over the tank ASAP ;):D. This tank is badass brother,I'm glad you figured out everything you had to to keep the tank going !!!

Haha thanks man!! Im getting new bulbs today. I didn't have time to snap a pic of it hanging because I got done pretty late. But ill snap some today.

Angel<3Nanos

Update.

Bulbs are

ATI

Blue+

Coral+

Purple+

Blue+

Getting the Blue+ bulbs tomorrow since they were out of stock.

amazing retro, have been considering doing the same but with 2x radion 15's where my plates are beside the halide... i think it'll fit just need to take it apart to see.

Any heat issues you have to deal with with the leds sitting next to the t5's?

Angel<3Nanos

amazing retro, have been considering doing the same but with 2x radion 15's where my plates are beside the halide... i think it'll fit just need to take it apart to see.

Any heat issues you have to deal with with the leds sitting next to the t5's?

Thanks man! :)

I've seen a t5/radion retrofit done by marinedepot. I think they have a guide to do it. It's very nice and clean.

And as for heat issues I am not sure. I have yet to run them for a while.

Tho, t5s will only be on for 4 hours a day. And the fixture itself has a fan, plus the fan that the hydra has on it as well. Im not too worried. :)

And the fixture fan will be on for 12 hours.

Whew,that's going to be a sexy ass light. I don't think you'll have a heat issue whatsoever. I believe leds work efficiently up to 150* -/+ degrees. Those t5's shouldn't put off that much heat,if so something's not right lol.

I can't wait to see this thing lit up :D

Angel<3Nanos

Whew,that's going to be a sexy ass light. I don't think you'll have a heat issue whatsoever. I believe leds work efficiently up to 150* -/+ degrees. Those t5's shouldn't put off that much heat,if so something's not right lol.

I can't wait to see this thing lit up :D

Hell yeah man! Tomorrow it gets lit up! :D

Archived